[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
getting these LED fogs, brighter than Hids... thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bejYvHs.png (509 KB, 800x746) Image search: [Google]
bejYvHs.png
509 KB, 800x746
getting these LED fogs, brighter than Hids... thoughts?
>>
>>15138457
Don't.
>>
>>15138462
This
>>
Mexican detected.
>>
>>15138457
how often is it that foggy where you live
>>
>>15138515
>fog lights
>for fog
I live in San Francisco and I've never in my life seen aftermarket fog lights on anything but shitty ricermobiles
>>
>>15138457
>getting these LED fogs, brighter than Hids... thoughts?

Over here, street legal city driving cars are not to have turned on any alternate visible lights that are brighter than the official headlights. If so, the police will pull you over for a ticket. He will not issue a correction ticket (which forces you to fix (id est remove) the problem). But he will tell you those overly bright lights and aimable spotlights are for use offroad or on private property.

Another thing is that foglights lose effectiveness if they are too bright since you'll just see a massive white blur in front until crash. crunch. airbags deploy ($3600).
>>
File: 1340927357695.jpg (301 KB, 642x1443) Image search: [Google]
1340927357695.jpg
301 KB, 642x1443
>>
>>15138457
"Fluxßeam"

Dammit english speakers.
"ß" does not sound like a "B", it cannot be used as a "B"

I doubt the makers meant the product to say "Flux sseam".

I am triggered
>>
>>15139092
Poor Hans

>Flücksbeem
>>
>>15138457
>fluxsseam
>>
They will overheat and die. You replace more than the LED - you replace the entire unit.
>>
>>15138457
>getting these LED fogs, brighter than Hids... thoughts?

If they aren't in a fan-cooled case, they will overheat long before the outside of the case gets very hot. You can't use the method of touching the housing for the LED assembly as a reliable method of guessing if its too hot or not. It's why a lot of these LED bulbs have short lifespan among the truck owners in my area. And it's not the ricers but the truck owners that get these types of bulbs in my area.
>>
I own these for headlights. They're good however they give my car a headlight out code, even though it says they correct them.
>>
>>15140732
IIRC on BMWs you can fix that by jumping two of the pins
>>
>>15139958
That's when you have them in shitty little foglight cases. The big headlight assemblies have enough cooling for them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.