[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i fucked up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: f1503-300x224.jpg (26 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
f1503-300x224.jpg
26 KB, 300x224
alright /o/ help a /b/ro out
im 19 and my stepdad bought me a 2001 f150 a couple years back.
yesterday i was driving and went to pick up groceries and got back to my truck and cut it on to realize that its puttering super bad and shaking vigerously in idle. While im at tech today my stepdad works on it with some buddies (just so you know i dont know shit about cars) and changes the spark plugs and wires. he put it in high idle and it no longer shakes in idle but now it has no power and shakes at low speed.my step dad tells me not to dog it and put fuel injector cleaner into my tank before i fill it, i do this. he tells me to do this the next 3 fill ups. later that day I take it to a friends house who worked at a car dealership for a while as a mechanic hoping he could some how magicly diagnose it and fix it. well he says its the throttle body and procedes to take the tube off of the throttle body and sprays max flow air sensor cleaner into it and says that it will break up the carbon. he puts everything back on and it wont start the first few times and i get scared becasue i dont have the money to fix it and wont anytime soo because of school fee's. he gets it to crank and it runs 100x worse. it now putters and idles super low and when you give it gas it runs decent but then i figure out that every time you let off the gas it cuts off. its been about 2 hours now and it is still doing this. any solutions or fix's so i can atleast get to tech tomorrow?
>>
same exact model as in pic but thats not a pic of my truck
>>
>>15131866
Man, you did fuck up. Better sell it and buy a Civic while you still can.
>>
>>15131866
Egrs gunked up with carbon, pretty common problem on them.
>>
>>15131922
selling it and buying a junker :(
i actually loved that truck
>>
>>15131886
>not a pic of my truck
Can't not fuck up. You've let your truck go to shit. Either learn to wrench or part out.
>>
>>15131940
If you really loved it, you'd put the time and effort into working on it and fixing it yourself, or at the very least saving up to get it to a good mechanic. Every man needs to have a basic understanding of cars. Even if you can't always fix everything yourself, at least know what's wrong and how it works.
>>
>>15131866
It broke up the carbon in the TB and intake, now you've got carbon and cleaner in the engine.

You're supposed to spray it in small amounts while revving the engine to get rid of the shit in small amounts as it enters the engine as it will lose a ton of power while there's shit in there.

Force it out. Start the truck and floor it. WOT. You'll probably be there for another hour or two fucking with it. It will keep stalling, idling low and rough.

Exact same issue with my brother's Tahoe because he couldn't follow simple instructions. Once the shit's all burnt off and out of the engine it'll run better than it did before.
>>
>>15131866
Do some proper diagnosis before throwing parts at it. Or just take it a REAL fucking mechanic that knows what the fuck he's doing, not "some guy i know".

Here's what i'd do.
Read check engine light if present > compression check > power balance test. If you have spark and compression on all cylinders, check the fuel system.
>>
>>15131866
check the connections on your ignition coils. ive seen two other f150's in that body style with similar problems. both times it was the coils.

try wiggling the connections on them and see if it helps
>>
>>15132278
>power balance test
wat
>>
>>15135768
Google faggot.
>>
Check with obd scanner for pending codes, fuel trims, anything out of the ordinary. If you really think its carbon buildup, seafoam it.
>>
>>15131866
your stepdad is retarded first of all.
it's some fucking sensor. throwing your timing and/or afr to shit.

putting stupid cleaners and additives isn't going to do dick.

you need to scan the obd. so take it to a real mechanic.
>>
>>15132278
>compression check
>because it's sputtering
no
>>
>>15135953
Power bracelets? Go be a girl somewhere else.
>>
sent it to a mechanic and it has bad injectors, a vacuume leak, and bad coil packs. also my stepdad said something about the plugs being too spaced and something about a lobe sensor
>>
>>15137831
How much $$?
>>
>>15137883
over 200$ and they have only touched the injectors and spaced the plugs
i still have to buy 400$ worth in books and i only get paid min wage as of now, time to stand on the street corner
>>
>>15137916
forgot to add my name
>>
its at a local mechanic shop right now and they said if replacing all of that stuff dont fix it they will send it to another mechanic to look at it and fix it and it wont cost less than 2k
my trucks only valued at like 6k
>>
Go and drive it on the highway for like 60 miles
Should automatically adjust and fix itself
>>
>step dad bought me an f150
>step dad

HAHAHAHA tell your "dad" hes a giant cuck and everything thats wrong with society
>>
>>15131866
same shit happened to my parents truck.
the engine seized up shortly afterwards and had to be rebuilt.
>>
>>15137931
>it wont cost less than 2k
>my trucks only valued at like 6k
Your truck is barely worth $4k. Part it and get a different car.
>>
>>15137931
Just get them to fix the vacuum leak and the injectors. You can replace the coils and plugs.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.