[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to Australia, HELP!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: walkinshaw-hsv-maloo-w.jpg (170 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
walkinshaw-hsv-maloo-w.jpg
170 KB, 650x366
I just moved to Australia from UK and need a car. Budget strictly less than $40.5K AUD.
Must be in Sydney region. (<25km CBD).
Manual slightly preferred but not too fussed. I can see the advantages of both.
I will be travelling for work so comfy is a huge plus.
>>
mx5
>>
>>15098586
Buy a Commodore or a holden ute
Even the v8 SS can be had under 40k if you go only a couple years back
I belive a brand new v6 is around that price
But in a 6 cylinder id say the ford falcon engine is superior
So, v8 get a ve series 2 or possibly a vf series 1
V6 get a falcon xr6 either fg mk2 or an fgx
>>
>>15098586
What do you need exactly?
Engine size, how many doors etc
>>
>>15098586

dont buy holden or ford people will think your a fucking cuck
>>
>>15098712
>>15098689
I had a 2015 V6 commodore as a hire vehicle and I was amazed how decent the quality was. I was expecting bad but it was actually very good.

Honestly I like the look of the IS300h and the volvo s60 t6. Also maybe an SUV all are considered cuck cars at home though,
>>
File: images (4).jpg (18 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
18 KB, 511x288
>>15098689
This. Get an XR6 turbo OP. The only problem with them is the weight, but you'll struggle to find something similar that weighs less.
>>
>>15098875
Forgot to mention, but pictured is the XR8. Only difference body wise is the bump in the bonnet.
>>
>>15098875
For what reasons would you recommend the ford over the Holden?
>>
>>15098942
>>
>>15098829
Lawdy a Commodore's build quality impressed? What did you drive back in the UK?
>>
>>15098963

In the last 4 years I had a Civic, a BMW Z4 and a Volvo s40. The build quality on the holden wasn't stunning but it wasn't THAT far behind
>>
>>15098974
Maybe go BMW again dude. They're pretty abundant here and parts are common, plus that comfy factor. Fords and Holdens are considered incredibly boring.
>>
>>15098586
25 VN Commodores, a jet ski and a 450 dirtbike of your choice that you will use twice a year, 60 cartons of the cheapest tru blu beer ( VB, Emu, XXXX, etc) a trip to Bali and a few couches for outside.

Spend the rest on shards.
>>
commodores are actually decent everyday driving cars. the ecotec v6 is reliable and good on fuel all-around, at least mine is with over 290,000km with nothing more than a new water pump at 200,000k and just recently an A/C compressor the only problem is it's slow, older trim build quality can be lacking and not a lot of potential for but this kind of car shouldn't cost more than 10k for a good condition example
>>
>>15098942
The ford straight 6 is much better than the holden v6
However the story flips for v8s
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.