[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any amsoil "preferred" customers in here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: lmgQfDu.jpg (301 KB, 1024x700) Image search: [Google]
lmgQfDu.jpg
301 KB, 1024x700
Are there any amsoil "preferred" customers in here? I'm trying to see if it would be worth it to pay the membership fee. They advertise that it can be up to 25% off products, but I'm trying to see if that applies to 10w30 signature series quart and gallon quantities. If I can get it for like $7 a quart, I might switch over. Plus, I believe it's a group 4 synthetic.

Also, oil thread? What you running?
>>
i avoid companies that engage in multi-level marketing on principle.
>>
Mobil 1 synthetic. There's better but 5 quart jug from Wallymart is like 22 bucks on sale. Napa gold filter is 10. At that price point, I can change the oil at 7500 miles and not worry about it. Open to suggestions on cheaper but at least same level of pretection.
>>
>>15096449
I'd love to go mobil 1, but used oil analysis done on my motor (well, not mine personally) show higher wear numbers using mobil 1.
>>
>>15096238
I've got a Canadian amsoil preferred customer account doohickey.

if you want I can compare prices but prices may be a little off due to Canada and our wacky skittles coloured dollars.
>>
>>15096238
Forget amsoil, go get some pennzoil 10w30 they don't sell it like avon
>>
File: 1451441214484.jpg (26 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
1451441214484.jpg
26 KB, 446x336
10w30 signature quart 11.10 USD retail
10w30 signature gallon 43.40 USD retail

10w30 Signature 946ml bottle (lol) 10.45 CAD preferred customer price
10w30 Signature gallon 40.80 CAD preferred customer price

So yeah, take it with a grain of salt because of currency exchange and stuff.

Also not to be a shill, but I use amsoil in ps/engine/trans/diff. Works great but my trans is still clunky into 2nd when its cold (read sub 0F) until it gets upto operating temps
>>
I have an in on the Amsoil elite club but I signed an NDA so can't talk about it here, try to get into the Amsoil kik group for more info, need an invite from someone who has referred 10 oil changes
>>
>>15096534
I can't tell if you're joking or not

that's the gayest shit I ever heard of. it's engine oil ffs.
>>
>>15096522
Ugh I might just stick with pennzoil or valvoline then. That's just too expensive, I'm not driving a high performance vehicle.

Has anyone tried pennzoil ultra platinum? They claim to be more cleaning, but desu, I'm no so concerned with clean pistons (to an extent), I'm much more concerned about an oils ability to prevent wear. Should I go with the ultra platinum or just the platinum?
>>
File: tt.jpg (24 KB, 285x323) Image search: [Google]
tt.jpg
24 KB, 285x323
>>15096238

I usually get one of these through my local tractor dealer, it's around 400 depending a little on what oil one wants.
>>
>>15096478
What engine? Haven't heard of increased wear with Mobil before.
>>
Bros I use STP conventional 5w30 and a stp filter from vato zone, 18 bucks an oil change. Is this gonna kill my 79 camaro?
>>
File: ASM[1].jpg (84 KB, 452x900) Image search: [Google]
ASM[1].jpg
84 KB, 452x900
I put this in my Scion TC. I drive minimum 140 miles a day.
>>
>>15096839
No. Long as you change it regularly you're fine.
>>
>>15097165
I do it every 3k
>>
>>15096478
>>15096449
>>15096638
>>15096810
The previous thread on Synthetic versus Convention Oil got archived due to no one posting in it to keep it alive. That had the information in it that linked to the oil database. The database had numbers that agreed with the wear results from the oil analysis laboratory.

Mobil 1 synthetic 5W20 (and pennzoil platinum (not ultra) synthetic 5W20) as tested winter2015 was ranked in the 70's out of approx 150 oils tested.

Look up that thread in the 4chan archives by looking at the thread number in the original URL below. Useful info gets lost when informative old threads die before they ever hit the 500 count post limit. It didn't help that the troll tried to kill the thread with derailing mockery posts. He also makes lots of new trolling threads to force good threads to page 11 to age out. The old thread URL was:
>>14985876
>>
>>15098409
>>15096478
That URL spelled out would be:
boards 4chan org/o/thread/14985876/synthetic-vs-regular
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.