[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manual or automatic for SUV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 02xterra[1].jpg (41 KB, 770x505) Image search: [Google]
02xterra[1].jpg
41 KB, 770x505
I have a dilemma /o/. I'm looking to buy a small SUV such as a Pathfinder or Xterra, and I'm trying to decide between a manual or automatic. It will be my dd and used for camping and light off road.

I currently dd a 5 speed shitbox. If I was getting a small truck, I'd for sure get a manual, but I can't decide with a small SUV.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>15092641
How far is your commute? City or highway?
>>
>>15092673

around 15 miles highway, stop and go most of the time
>>
>>15092684
Manual would be fine with a torquey engine. Just almost idle along in first or 2nd gear.
>>
>>15092641
I drive a stick Xterra. It's kinda slow as shit but that's mostly due to my 36" tires. I'd get a second gen like mine in stick but not a first gen like in your pic.I'm never in gridlock traffic though, and if I was I definitely wouldn't want stick. I'm happy with my decision and wouldn't change it if I had the opportunity to.
>>
Get an auto. Only reason to get a manual these days if it's your preference or you plan on going over 10 miles away from the nearest road repeatedly
>>
>>15093970
buy 26s and rip hektik skids every were in your 4900lb Not quiet a shit box
>>
>>15096288
Not sure how well 26s would look on an 8" lift
>>
For off roading, I'd refer manual, because it's much more engaging, but that's just my opinion.
I know some people prefer autos for commuting, though.
>>
I dd a 5 speed Ford Escape. I like it and have no problems with it in the city.
>>
>>15092641
The pathfinder has a defective clutch, you have to replace it with an aftermarket heavy duty or else it'll go out in about 50k km. Also apparently some of the fluids for the automatic pathfinder somehow mixed and would grenade itself.
>>
>>15092641
If you are looking at 05-15 xterras, go with the 6spd manual if you can find it. The autos have issues and don't feel as smooth, the manual is rock solid.

Love my x, great camping vehicle and good in the snow.
>>
Auto. Faster, better mpg and especially easier to drive with.
Only small and lightweight shitboxes make good use of manual.
Imagine your gay ass 700kg shitbox with a auto. Im sure you would kill yourself
>>
>>15098384
I get better mpg in my manual than auto versions get.
>>
>>15092641
I have an auto box in my 4Runner mainly because I hate uphill starts when I'm crawling or on the trails. I could've gone manual but I'm content with auto
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.