[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you do today /o/? I fixed my shit kart instead of fixing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160518_193326~2.jpg (1 MB, 3566x2674) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160518_193326~2.jpg
1 MB, 3566x2674
What did you do today /o/? I fixed my shit kart instead of fixing my actual car.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pulled the original rotors from my from brakes so I can upgrade to beefier rotors and calipers
>>
>>15087999
>left wheel drive
why u no diff?
>>
The kart is more fun so good for you I guess.
>>
Went to a car meet, and just had a good time.
>>
>>15088012
Bought it for super cheap while it wouldn't run spent the last few days trying to make the engine able to both idle, and WOT without dying.
>>
>>15088012
Karts are good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rkX-cQ6kZ0
>>
>>15087999
man that thing looks like gud fun
>>
>>15088166
Karts have axles though. not one wheel drive.
>>
cleaned my car pretty good. turns out it's going to rain later. threw on some rainx for all windows and mirrors. going to clean the interior soon

need to find a way to patch a hole in my project car's floor. I have no welder, but I'm kinda considering buying the cheap harbor freight one. it's either that or get creative with jb weld
>>
>>15088184
Yeah but no but yeah but. He does appear to have some asymmetric tyre wear issues.
>>
>Post winter wash/wax
>Toothpasted the headlights
>Semi-cleaned interior
>Changed oil
>>
Put another engine in the front so you'll have a 4wd go kart.
>>
F1 Drivers Karting - Senna, Prost, Herbert, De-Cesaris, Martini, Panis indoor karting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0CRnpPwO2Y
Just because.
>>
>>15088632
Actually, it'd be 2 wheel. The rear isn't a live rear axle. Also, unless they make go-kart cv joints, that's sort of beyond me.
>>
>>15088012
dont even need a diff just modify it for a live axle
>>
>>15088730
http://www.bmikarts.com/Universal-U-Joint-_p_1465.html
5 bucks on sale get em while you can faggot
>>
File: chrono1905.gif (112 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
chrono1905.gif
112 KB, 500x361
>>
>>15088901
Well. I guess I am a faggot.
>>
shoulda put a new tire on it
>>
>>
i fucked around with a little 18 year old high schooler, i'm 27

she was on her period and didn't want to fuck, but next time there will be blood

adulthood is the best
>>
OP show kart
>>
slowly fixing up my dad's 1966 mustang that's been sitting for 2 decades
>cleaned up alternator, needs a new one since the pulley is rusted to shit but it still works
>removed alternators
>cleaned dust off the body
going to need fucktons of grinding to get rid of all the rust
>>
>>15089026
>removed alternators
*sparkplugs
>>
I wish I could get into karting but karts are so expensive and I doubt they have a circuit where I'm going
>>
>>15089034
Find an old shitty one on your local craigslist. Then google if there's any sweet forest trails or abandoned go kart courses for you to race set times on with your friends.
>>
>>15089026
Sounds cool, what color? Pictures?
>>
I've got an old lawn mower engine I want to onto a kart. Should I just buy a frame? Don't have any fabrication tools.
>>
>>15087999
>thought about putting my intake, alternator and starter back on that I had to remove to get at water pipes at the back of the engine
>shitposted all day instead
>>
>>15089034
Do you mean a real kart? If you're in the U.S. probably not unless you're in the southwest or florida.
>>
File: ruststang.jpg (1 MB, 2101x2365) Image search: [Google]
ruststang.jpg
1 MB, 2101x2365
>>15089216
it ran when we parked it, I'm planning on seeing if I can get it running first, then trying to rebuild it, since I've got no actual experience working on cars
>>
>>15087999
i sold a one wheel peel just like that to a guy for $350. then i bought one that had a live axle, disc brakes, fat slicks and an 11hp honda engine on it. its scary to drive
>>
>>15092753
Bought this one for about $120 CAD. Gonna sell it to a friend and pick up a live axle roller.
>>
>>15088195
Try rivetings a panel in place for now?
>>
>>15092796
I guess that's one option. or I could work an extra few hours and buy the $100, 90 amp HF welder this weekend
>>
File: mmmmm russttt.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
mmmmm russttt.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>15092860
i know you probably dont want to but it is worth it to save up and buy a decent welder. also you have to practice welding a lot. then once you feel confident to do the patch, its still not going to go as planned and look like shit. this is why you need to do it a few times to a shitty car you dont care about then do it on something more serious. i learned bodywork off of youtube and practiced on a roller car i had and didnt care about. after a few patches i finally got it looking good. pic related, i ended up fixing all of this rust on my daily about 7 years ago after practicing on a shitty car i had laying around
>>
>>15089638
I don't know what real karts mean but something like OP i'd be happy with
>>
>>15093337
Real Karts have a live axle, disc or drum brakes, often adjustable camber, caster, and tow. Op's is welded together scrap metal and jury rigging. Still fun, but it's the difference between hooning a base model shitbox and a track prepped race car.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.