[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such a stigma with cars and certain drivetrains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image_7.jpg (67 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
67 KB, 640x469
Why is there such a stigma with cars and certain drivetrains in the West but not in Japan?
People are really stuck up about cars other people drive and try to race, and get into arguments over it
Not in the east though
Why
>>
>>15086555
>stigma
Only on /o/.
In real life no one cares.
>>
>weaboos

Grorious Nippon is not as great as you think it is
>>
>>15086562
>>15086560
Fwd vs rwd
Displacement wars
Bench racing
I dunno senpai looks like west is cancer
I'm in Japan right now
>>
>>15086568
>Fwd vs rwd
>Displacement wars
>Bench racing
Only on /o/
>>
>>15086580
Nope
>>
>why

your only exposure is /o/
>>
>>15086555
Only happens in /o/ where 90% of the posters are under 18 and don't even own a car.

They read something, repeat it, read, repeat. Can't think for themselves, and just follow popular opinion from each other leading to meme cars and a severe lack of automotive knowledge.

/o/ is probably the worst board on 4chan in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.
>>
>>15086555
You mean /o/.
And only murican posters care about drivetrains, same with displacement.
>>
>>15086555
Uhm, buddy, there's a reason why anytime a rwd Japanese car was made the nips creamed themselves.
>>
>>15087912
FWD=RWD
>>
>>15087832

I used to think so but recently I have been on /diy/ and /n/ and they are just as bad, if not actually worse.
>>
>>15087832
>/o/ is probably the worst board on 4chan in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.
Lurk in /g/ for a bit.
>>
>>15087832
>/o/ is probably the worst board on 4chan in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.

You've obviously never been to /g/
>>
I saw OPs pic and came to discuss the Chryslus Highwayman and how to modify it's microfusion-cell based motor to accept a blower.

I leave disappointed. See you cucking around Golgotha faglords.
>>
This has been the case since the 50s. Car were and still are status symbols. If not every one would have a toyota pick up or Honda civic.
>>
>>15088469
Civic is a sports car though
>>
Japan's car scene is a lot more chill in general, and no one takes themselves too seriously. It's honestly pretty refreshing.
>>
>>15086580
so you dont own a car and never go outside?
>>
>>15086555
>in the West
In America, you mean. The rest of the world haven't been indoctrinated with REAR WHEEL DRIVE VEEATE ONLY WAY TO BE BURN MORE FUEL BURN MORE FUEL BURN MORE FUEL like the US.
>>
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 1080x1920
>>15088492
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.