[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pontiac Vibe GT/ Matrix XRS Sentra SE-R specV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: matrixvibe.png (170 KB, 573x170) Image search: [Google]
matrixvibe.png
170 KB, 573x170
Starting new job, and my commute is going to double, to 106 miles round trip. (Moving isn't an option... yet) So I need to keep miles off my other vehicle, and save fuel. Decided on getting a Matrix XRS or Pontiac Vibe or possibly the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V.

Sound like a fine choice for my needs?
What would you get in this situation? I'd like to keep the budget under $5-6,000, and pay cash. I'd prefer not to finance something unless theres some sweet models out there I've forgotten about.
>>
>>15086522
Vw tdi.
>>
>>15086522
The Matric XRS or Vibe GT will be perfect. I would avoid the Sentra. Those 2.5L engines are known for the precat disintegrating and back-flowing into the engine, which destroys the engine.
>>
>>15086522
i would get a beater 800 dollar corolla or civic and scrap it once you're done
>>
>>15086600
I had an old hoopty civic. It was not a money pit by any means, but it left me stranded about 4 times. With my new job I cannot risk something like that happening again.
>>
If you can find the later gen se-r spec-v (2007-2012) there is a refined precat design.

I've driven an 03 se-r and the thing is an absolute rocket, reccomend
>>
>>15086578
A diesel huh? These seem to be a bit higher than my price range, but they sure are good on gas. What years? What engine specifically? I remember them bouncing between a 2.0L, a 1.9L and back to 2.0L and different engines
>>
>>15086645
You should be able to find an 1.9t alh tdi in your budget. Post your local Craigslist.
>>
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/

I wouldn't mind driving an hour away for a car, if it's nice.
>>
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/
>>
>>15086766
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5591668467.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5587336487.html
>>
The XRS/Vibe GT is a awesome car, going to be far more reliable and get better mpg than the Sentra.

Truthfully though at 100+ miles a day I'd look at a used 2nd Gen Prius if you already have a project/fun second car.
>>
>>15086522
>Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V.

What year? I have an 02 ama.
>>
>>15086856
Those are the most overpriced beetles I've seen
>>
>>15086522
>I need to keep miles off my other vehicle
Drive the car you enjoy. I had two cars, the money I spent on my "winter beater" exceeded the extra costs and depreciation if I just drove my Boxster all the time, and I hated driving my winter beater.

As for the Vibe, the engine sounds like a bunch of mosquitoes, the manual transmission's shifter feels like a stick in a bag of nails, and it's just an all-round pile of shit.
>>
>>15087987
The vibe is just a corolla pretty much. The GT model has the celica gts motor which revs like an ap1 s2k motor. The shifter isn't particularly bad, just typical japanese manual gearbox. I drove one for about a year, great daily driver with lots of storage.
>>
>>15086522
You'll be miserable in any of those and wish you got something quieter. A VW would be a good idea, but they're not reliable. Mazda3 is a better car than the Matrix and Vibe, but not quiet.

I hate to say Camry, but it's probably ideal for that horrible commute. Not an Accord, they're louder. An early Ford Fusion maybe?
>>
>>15087986
They're diesel and super clean. They're worth close to that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.