[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes a good driver, /o/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
what makes a good driver, /o/?
>>
>>15084647
Just do the exact opposite of what the majority here thinks it's right and you'll be fine.
>>
Crashing. You aren't good until you've crashed at least 2 times and have learned your lesson about it.
>>
>>15084647
SAFETY
>>
Following the traffic laws and experience
>>
File: 50113[1].jpg (23 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
50113[1].jpg
23 KB, 225x350
>>15084647
how fast u can drive on the touge
>>
File: 486118875_1280x720.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
486118875_1280x720.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>Switch lanes as fast as possible
>Downshifting into redline
>Dumping the clutch
>Mash accelerator into corners

Keeps everyone further away. Thus safer.
>>
Someone who is watchful and aware of their surroundings.
>>
anticipate
>>
File: saddboi.jpg (168 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
saddboi.jpg
168 KB, 500x375
Fucking using your turning signals peugeot drivers REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>15084647

Being in full control of your vehicle anytime, even in an emergency situation, and react in the correct way instead of being driven by fear (e.g. countersteering while going dagumi)
>>
>>15084924
I'm a new driver, was driving a friends fwd 2000 astra, on a dirt road and the back just fucking went sideways at like 80km/h and I still went full retard at first by countersteering. All I had to was keep the wheel straight and floor it a bit. Good thing the road is completely deserted, since I went into the other lane to straighten it out.
>am even more shit at driving than I thought I was
>>
>>15084819
>Mash accelerator into corners
This is so much safer than braking hard right on the bend like so many people.
>>
>>15084670
>>15084647

Assertiveness makes you a good driver. Not guessing whether or not you need to make a move but doing it. Intelligent bravado. Sometimes it could mean to drive defensively when everyone is offensive. It's about being able to adapt to any situation at any time like a true apex predator alpha male. But what do I know I'm just a driver. THE driver.
>>
Knowing what everyone around you is doing at all times by constantly scanning your mirrors and keeping tabs on everyone in your immediate area. What lane they are in, how fast they are going in relation to you, etc.

Recognizing possible bad situations before it becomes something bad. Like blind corners and blind crests. Never assume someone is stopping for a red light, or be in their lane around that blind crest, etc.

Basically just being assertive and doing what all good motorcycle riders have to to do if they want to stay alive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.