[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whats the difference between this and a $3.25 oil filter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: HP-1017.jpg (32 KB, 647x550) Image search: [Google]
HP-1017.jpg
32 KB, 647x550
So whats the difference between this and a $3.25 oil filter?

Do these manufacturers just slap "performance" in front of their product to charge 500% more?
>>
>>15084168
Yes
>>
>>15084168
Pretty much, best for the money will be wix or Purolator filters.
Napa gold filters are just repacked wix filters
>>
>>15084168
>>15084195

No. You fucking idiot.

Open up an FRAM filter and you will literally see cardboard in it.

Mobil 1, K&N, Purolator and probably WIX use better quality filter material media and also have drain-back/bypass valves to help aid against dry starts.

I run mobil myself. I think supposedly purolator is the best though.
>>
>>15085526
Well what material is inside your filter and how much better is it than cardboard?
>>
>>15085533

>how much better is it than cardboard?

Were you dropped on the head as a child?
>>
i had a fram filter disintegrate and nearly destroy an engine

i try to get oem now or k&n now
>>
I got k&n because it was on sale but I will buy more because it has the hex at the end for easy removal and I hate using the oil filter tools
>>
>>15084168
Never buy the cheapest, buy the 2nd cheapest
>>
>ITT
>people actually think purolater is a good filter
>fucking cheap Ass 2.89$ piece of shit Walmart filters.
I'd rather have a fram
>>
>>15085780

You're a fucking shill dude.

Yes Wal-mart actually carries a great filter at a great price.

You'd have to be a literally fucking retard to prefer fram over purolator
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 768x1024
>>15084168
These were the only ones with the nut at the end so I bought one with no ragrets.
>>
>>15084168
>no cardboard filter
>actual strainer design that doesn't degrade with heat

just buy wix. mobil1, k&n, avoid fram.
>>
>>15085791
My Walmart stopped carrying Purolator so now I order filters in bulk from Rockauto. Still use Super-Tech oil though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIcFgjEikUY
>>
>>15085533
Best you can do is a washable stainless filter. I use them on all my bikes and they filter down to 30 microns which is more efficient than paper media and flows much better than paper
>>
>>15085667
I had an oem one put on my engine and it got clogged up and blew the engine. Engine was only 100k.
But op, use whatever. People claim the cardboard is awful but I've used fram four years and never had an issue
>>
File: 2014 Civic Filters.jpg (269 KB, 1031x1506) Image search: [Google]
2014 Civic Filters.jpg
269 KB, 1031x1506
>>15084168
Yes. If you change your oil frequently and you're not using some really unknown brand of oil filter, you should be good to go. The brands I'd recommend: Wix, Denso (love Denso parts), STP, Mobil1, Beck/Arnley, K&N. Brands that are ok so long as you don't use the filters too long: FRAM, Bosch.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.