[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys, I applied for a job at a car garage/retail shop which is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
guys, I applied for a job at a car garage/retail shop which is a chain. But it seems like a good place to start and would be a lot of fun.

I applied to a parts delivery position and a general service technician position.

If I applied friday, when would be a good time to call and ask about the status of my application?
>>
Just stop by and ask about the job.
>>
>>15083076
Today brudda
>>
You fucked up, I always call maybe an hour after I drop off an application and then maybe every hour after that.

It shows pluck, something millennials like you know nothing about.
>>
Now would be a good time.

Next time what I do is send in the application then try to talk to a manager in person, introduce myself and let him know that I submitted an application.
>>
>>15083142
When were you born?

Terrible advice, or shitty troll I'm not sure.
>>
>>15083178
America boy
>>
>>15083178

It is a troll. Places frown upon asking them too much about the status of your application. It is rather annoying.

In America we have a service based retail industry where the American worker is no more than an anonymous face in a larger anonymous machine. We're mechanized. We could be anyone, and they know this. Which is why it does no use to call and ask or walk in and ask. The "hit the pavement and knock on some doors" is a standard of the baby boomer generation, however for us younger 'millennials' there isn't much we can do.
>>
>>15083142

Yeah you're wrong, I usually just show up and start working. Then in a couple weeks I ask why I haven't been receiving my pay. They contact HR, put me in the system, apologize, I get back pay and BAM. I've got a jerb.
>>
>>15083076
You should've walked in the day after you dropped the application and introduced yourself to the manager/supervisor.
>>
>>15083469
Sure, Kramer.

>>15084562
>implying a production manager has any control over HR
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.