[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aftermarket Sunroof
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: craig_sunroof-outside.jpg (488 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
craig_sunroof-outside.jpg
488 KB, 2592x1944
How much extra is an aftermarket sunroof worth to you on a second hand vehicle, assuming the car was never offered with a factory sunroof?
>>
>>15083023
Leak/10
>>
>>15083023
-$2000. What kind of dumbass wants a sunroof so bad they pay someone to cut a hole in the roof? Chances of it being fucked up are super high.
>>
My car has a sunroof.
I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but I started using it and began to get sun burns during the summers.

It's a cool novelty that is not worth the money.
>>
>>15083023
It's a negative.

for one they leak and rust, and for two they add about 100lbs at the very worst possible part of the car.
>>
>>15083023
Just get a sunroof sticker
>>
>>15083023
>How much extra is an aftermarket sunroof worth to you on a second hand vehicle, assuming the car was never offered with a factory sunroof?

If you read a lot of LongPostGuy's stories of being a used car salesman, aftermarket sunroofs don't really add value and may even decrease value to the used car dealer since the car might go to auction instead.

The structural integrity of a factory car roof created for a sunroof is different than an aftermarket roof. For example, in my car, the strengthening beam going across the roof would be cut if an aftermarket sunroof was put in. The aftermarket sunroof then essentially floats on top of the sheetmetal roof with no support beams going to the frame surrounding the opening. In a factory roof, the support beams would support the sunroof and drainage.
>>
>>15083023
negative money
>>
>>15083023
If I was buying a used car, an aftermarket sunroof decreases the value of the car to me. I would offer LESS money for such a car. I suppose some teenager wouldn't mind an aftermarket roof, but to me, it must be a factory sunroof.

The car's metal roof support rib design is actually different for a factory sunroof. That's the proper way to put in a sunroof instead of chopping a hole in a roof that was not intended for such a hole.
>>
i wish my evo had a moon roof its the only feature i feel should have been standdard
the extra performance bits offset any disadvantages
>>
>>15083028
Not true.

I just saw a dealer option aftermarket sunroof on a 25 year old car.
Well made, no leaks, headliner trimmed professionally, and its actually better imo than the factory sunroof.
>>
I flat out won't buy a vehical with an after market sunroof.
>>
File: eqj0lz4gv8ngowc6ozhe.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
eqj0lz4gv8ngowc6ozhe.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>15083023

at least -$500.

This is what aftermarket sunroofs do to cars.
>>
>bought slicktop 300zx
>no worry about leaks
>dad owns 5.0 fox with aftermarket sunroof
>leaks

Sunroof or T tops are just another headache, anon.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.