[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RX-8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Mazda_RX-8_on_freeway.jpg (414 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Mazda_RX-8_on_freeway.jpg
414 KB, 1600x1067
what is /o/ opinion on the RX-8, is there something wrong with her ? i might want to buy one
>>
You can get MOT'd examples for £300. Why do you think that is? Because they're great cars?
>>
Shit power
Shit mpg
Questionable reliability of you don't know what you're doing
>>
so, should i go for an RX-7 ?
>>
>>15081990
Nice car, but it requires high care & maintenance due to it's rotary engine.
>>
>>15081990
I'm actually trying to buy one right now.

If you have at least $10k to drop, go for it, but don't buy with an engine code, and don't buy if you get the impression it wasn't taken care of. I can attest to rotaries getting past 200k miles if they're taken care of, but many aren't.

I'm trying to buy around $5000 right now because I'm fucking nuclear and I've grown obsessed with the damn thing for some fucking reason, it's absolute hell. All it would take to make me content is one of the cars I want, and they're all similarly out of reach except for the ones in shit condition. It pisses me off because a friend of mine got a nearly new BMW and all he had to do was walk into the dealership with his parents, he isn't even a car enthusiast. For me, cars are the only thing that motivate me these days. I don't like any aspect of my life that much, all I want is a car I like to go driving in.

Anyways, they're great cars if you've got the money. Please take care of it so when you sell it to a poorfag like me in a few years, he can find his will to live.
>>
>>15081990
I have the largest boner for RX-8's.

>that dorito engine
>dem rear suicide doors
>that rear console extending into the rear seats
>them high revving rpms that doesn't bother it one bit
>that 50/50 balance
>that rwd

My opinion is objectively biased, but buy one OP, do it.
>>
>is there something wrong with her
Yes, it has a rotary engine. Depending on what you want to buy it for, it might be a nuisance.

Don't buy it if you want a reliable DD. Or buy it and swap in any other engine, but for that price you could buy anything else.
If you want a fun weekend car, be prepared to take proper care of it and spend money regularly.
Look at RX8 owner forums and check for usual problems (APEX SEALS).
Wankel's average lifespan is probably about 100k miles tops and some people didn't realise what they were doing when buying these cars so most of them are already beat to shit, hence the low price.
Here's my baseless opinion. OP, better ask actual RX8 owners if it's worth it.
>>
I'm buying one next year. Probably buying 2 or 3 actually.

They are about $1,600 to $2,500 and up to $30,000.

But I'm looking at an older model to get first, learn the car, work on my first rotary, and when that engine inevitably dies, I'll buy another rx8 with an engine in better nick. Or, I'll throw a bit more and get a megasquirt and a TT 20b from a Cosmo.

Mind you, once that swap begins the car will be turned to track only and I'll keep it on my trailer.

Memes aside, not great mpg for a small engine, prone to overheating and oil starvation.but I'm not buying it to granny it at 30mph around town. I'm going to be pushing it up to 120mph and hitting the twisties in it. Make no mistake, I will be driving that car for fun, not for the economy.

I've also got a Passat wagon which gets 600miles to a tank, and a little 1.4 Polo that's great for small trips.

But yeah OP, get an RX8, doritos and fireballs!
>>
>>15082042
you obviously dont know anything about rotaries, so no
>>
Do you guys have some good links for how to take care of a rotary engine ?
>>
>>15082769
Check rx8 or rx7 forum. They really aren't that complex.
>>
>>15082769
Links? No.

But:
>oil
>oil
>oil

Incase you don't know, they were designed to burn oil. Keep that oil up.
>>
>>15082000
The road tax is ridiculous on them in the UK
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.