[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I fix this car registeration situation i put myself in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pink-Slip-Scam.jpg (377 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
Pink-Slip-Scam.jpg
377 KB, 1024x685
>go to AAA to register used car
>forgot to write the purchase price on my part of the PO's title. we agreed to have it down as $500, as it says on hers.
>hand incomplete title to employee
>"how much?"
>"for the car?"
>"yes"
>I blurted out "$5,000" without thinking about it
>feel like absolute shit for screwing myself over, possibly having to pay $460 due to taxes and stuff instead of likely <$100.

I told them, I'll pay another day and they gave me some unofficial, paper that looks like a reg, but its not.

Can I just go back, and tell them, they wrote the incorrect ammount, and they'll change it without much hassle, or this over and done with? I have a copy of PO's title release that shows $500 as the purchase price.
>>
Never admit that you made the mcsteak. Always claim the fuck up was on their end.
>>
>>15078092
I didn't even write it myself
>he "misheard" me
>>
And when you get into an accident and the damages are over $500 your car is considered salvaged.
>>
>>15078285
I don't think you've ever been in a car accident
>>
>>15078285
Lol that's not how it works at all you retard
>>
>>15078014
You went to AAA to register your car? Do you mean DMV?

Either way, if you're registering your car, go back, tell them they fucked up. It was $500. When they check PO's liability release, it will confirm.
>>
>>15079481
Not OP, but some AAA branches basically have full rmv capabilities.
>>
>>15079107
>>15078302
if you exceed 14% of a cars total blue book value with current miles in damages the insurance companies just throw it away
>>
>>15079557

>implying

yet again /o/ proves they don't know shit about insurance
>>
>>15079557
No. Where did you learn this? It makes no sense. Insurance companies make money by taking your money and hoping you never file a claim. If you do, they try to pay as little as they can.

If you wreck your car, why would they pay any amount more than it's worth when they can just total it out and cut you a check for wholesale value? Learn how insurance works. You'll be less likely to get ass raped later in life.
>>
>>15079557
Its 70% bud.
>>
>>15079557
>>15083112
scuse me, I miss read your retarded post.

If the damage is more than 70% of the value of the car its totaled.
>>
>>15079557
>>15078285
Insurance doesn't base the value of the car by what you paid for on the title. The value is based on current market prices.
>>
To white out the price, or to "let them" do it. That is the final question.
>>
>>15084232
>white out
NEVER white-out ANYTHING on a legal document EVER!
>>
>>15084292
Understood loud and clear
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.