[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
I currently drive a wagon I inherited from my parents. I'm a pretty frugal guy but I want to upgrade to something
a) more suitable for the city
b) more fun
c) better fuel economy perhaps

But I can't really decide what to buy. Pic related cheap shitbox (in non sport edition), or double the price for the sport edition
>>
File: wrxsti13-5door5.jpg (99 KB, 720x388) Image search: [Google]
wrxsti13-5door5.jpg
99 KB, 720x388
>>15076528
another option, 3x the cost of a cheap shitbox (more for a nice one) but much more fun
>>
File: 3382_21.jpg (65 KB, 800x425) Image search: [Google]
3382_21.jpg
65 KB, 800x425
>>15076533
Yet another option totally different to the other two
>>
>>15076543
So I guess what I'm saying with this thread is: how did you choose your car from so many disparate options? Or did you just know what you wanted? Did you just coldly see what ticked the most boxes, or did you drive every one and pick the best feels?
>>
>>15076528
Get a corolla
>>15076533
Pile of shit
>>15076543
Pile of shit
>>15076552
Get a corolla
>>
As long as you don't have to carry around a bunch of shit this is basically the best "fun" city car on the market.
>>
>>15076568
My girl has a corolla, I want something that doesn't run out of power on a daily commute.

>>15076596
Whatever it is will end up with roof racks for bikes/kayaks, but I'm also 6'2" and I've never been in a 500. Have you owned one?
>>
>>15076647
>run out of power
Is it electric?
My 60hp corolla commutes fine.
>>
>>15076647

I owned an Abarth for a few years and loved it. I lived in NYC and it was perfect for work as I'm a wine rep and had to hit different accounts all over the city. Fun enough when you got the chance to wind it out and easy as fuck to park.

I only sold it because I got promoted to regional manager and now have to drive between cities a lot and spending more than 2-3 hours at a time in that car in traffic made me want to kill myself. It's got a surprising amount of room for such a small car but the seating position is torture for extended periods.
>>
File: Autocross 143.jpg (271 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Autocross 143.jpg
271 KB, 2048x1536
>>15076528
Miata
>>
Swift is a brilliant car, wars nothing, drives well, reliable. 1.3 cant sprint though. Sport is glorious. Next year they will give it a 1.4 turbo, and it will be almost a god machine. Maybe wait for that one. Or try finding the vitara same turbo engine, manual, pretty spacious. Ultimate affordable shitbox

Don't get an infinity. Seriously, dont.
>>
They often compare the Fiat Abarth with the Fiesta ST as small/city hot hatches. 5 doors, sporty, good mpg, plenty of space.
>>
>>15078594
why not the infiniti?
>>
>>15080828
Eats alot, shit reliability, mediocre fit and finish, subpar driving ability, overpriced
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.