[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ford Ranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 41106.jpg (159 KB, 829x446) Image search: [Google]
41106.jpg
159 KB, 829x446
What would be the best way to give my Ford Ranger power on the road. Its an '06, 2.3L, 4 cylinder, pretty much plain as hell. I don't want to get rid of it cuz I like having a vehicle that doesn't attract attention, and I already own it. But I want her to move better.
Pic related.
>Inb4 ditch the bitch.
>>
Swap in a 302
>>
Sell it and get a Colorado faggot
>>
I know there's one anon here with a turbo 2.3 ranger. Or you could put different rear end gears in. Or both.
>>
>>15072724
this is probably your best bet. the SOHC 4.0 isn't especially reliable and the OHV 4.0 isn't appreciably more powerful (makes torque out the ass, but not much power)
>>
>>15072745
that would be me. it's best to do a turbo swap with turbo coupe internals and an OBDII computer flash
>>
>>15072724
Where do I start with shit like that?
>15072741
Fuck off
>>
>>15072807
Whats a rough estimate on the cost? And what kinda HP increase would that yield?
>>
>>15072808
you get a 5.0L from a mercury mountaineer and all of the associated things. or just do the turbo coupe swap I just outlined. don't do what i did wiring for OBDI it's a pain in the ass and honestly im having major electrical issues and might wash my hands of the vehicle because I just picked up a pretty cherry explorer
>>
>>15072808
>find Mustang/Explorer/F-150 in junkyard
>pull engine
>>
>>15072724
This
>>
>>15072820
you need an entire turbo coupe engine, a bigger Maf and a custom tune plus hardened valve seats and a head port
>>
>>15072847
it won't be cheap but 12 pounds of boost will give you around 200HP and more if you actually build the engine
>>
>>15072720
>more power

Best thing you can do is regear and give the illusion of more power, or trade it for one with a 4.0 SOHC. People shit on the SOHC motor but our farm truck that lives a life harder than any vehicle should has done 150,000 HARD miles and has never skipped a beat.

People on here will have you swapping an EJ25 and other bullshit ideas to make more power, when in reality it would just be more cost effective to just buy another white one with a 4.0.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.