[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Towing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (191 KB, 624x300) Image search: [Google]
download.png
191 KB, 624x300
/o/pinions on the Qx4? Need a new DD to do the following
>somewhat soft suspension
>decent Interior
>tow 2.5k lb every weekend
>reliable
>about 5k USD to spend

I'm open to all suggestions I heard about nissan engines burning oil at excessive rates anyone have any experience with the vq35?
I'm also considering a 2003+4runner but they're a bit more expensive
>>
>>15072553
Used 4.0 Ranger.
>>
>>15072595
I'd like something a little more fancy as it's gonna be my DD. I have nothing against Rangers my dad owns one but it's a 2002 4 banger and my brother-in-law has a 95 with the v6
>>
>>15072553
>buying a cheap old Nissan SUV
Bad idea
>>
>>15073815
beggars can't be choosers.
>>
Navigators, Bravadas and Mountaineers are pretty nice and cheap. The Mountaineer is just a luxury explorer but it does the job fine. or if you hunt a little you can come across some bomb deals on range rovers. tahoe would probably be your best bet reliability wise though
>>
>>15074032
I'm a millennial, so I can.
>>
>>15074014
>buying a Nissan SUV

fixed
>>
>>15072553
Chevy s10 blazer or Jimmy
Toyota sequioa v8 if you can find one in your range
Mitsubishi Montero
Lexus gx 470
Ford explorer 4.6l only the ones with the 4.0 have tons of problems
>>
My dad baught one a few years back. It's actually quite a decent SUV, despite the Nissan memes. I'd say go for it OP.
>>
>>15074282
OP here the sequoia is amazing my uncle has one insanely reliable but he only used it for family trips because of that mpg
I'm looking hard at the v6 and v8 2003+4runner any suggestions on those?
>>
>>15076721
Volvo XC90. Unchanged for like 14 years. There's bound to be one in your price range.
>>
>>15076721
4runners are solid
>>
>>15076874
What engine should I keep an eye out for?
>>15076895
That's what I have been noticing, they hold their value just like the tacoma
>>
2.5 k? Buy an old Ford ranger not too much space in the 80s era but the 90s they're quite roomy and they can haul whatever the fuck ya need
I've got an 88 2.3 myself
>>
>>15077284
Either the t6 or v8. What's your local Craigslist or zip code?
>>
>>15072553
>>15077410
Should've mentioned I live in SoCal 90744 is my zip
>>
I have a 2003 Qx4 2wd 130k miles and it's nice that it can tow but I wouldn't use it for that every weekend especially if I'm going more than a few hours away. It does leak and the repairs are more expensive than a normal pathfinder, but it drives great and the ride is always nice. If you hate mpgs an 80 series Land Cruiser would be a better choice.
>>
>>15072553
If you're going to be towing things with any regularity, you want something American, preferably truck-based. 4runners and other Japanese (or European) SUVs are fine vehicles and all, but their drivetrains don't hold up to frequent towing.

Even the rich-as-fuck horse-riding/boating types find themselves using Escalades to drag their toys around, because that kind of work eventually grenades the transmission in the fancier Lexus/Mercedes/BMW SUVs.

The previous suggestions for Rangers, Explorers, Trailblazers, and their rebadged siblings are solid.

You could also look at regular old trucks/vans, but your options will probably be pretty rough for 5k.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.