[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Removed the stock intake and airbox/milkjug and replaced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: intersellarcooper.jpg (87 KB, 540x322) Image search: [Google]
intersellarcooper.jpg
87 KB, 540x322
>Removed the stock intake and airbox/milkjug and replaced with an aftermarket intake
>tfw I can now hear turbo induction and bypass valve woosh

Why do car companies purposely make their performance cars quiet? What's the fun in driving a sports car that handicaps it's true noise?
>>
Normies would think the car was broken if they could hear the turbo
>>
noise pollution laws etc
>>
>>15072475
In Europe maybe. I've never heard someone getting in trouble with the law because of turbo sounds.
>>
>>15072467

This is number one.

The majority of the car market doesnt care if it has a turbo or how it makes power.

They want to to move when they press the gas pedal and stop when they press the stop pedal.
>>
>>15072596
the law applies to the manufacturer you tard
>>
>>15072659
>implying there aren't civilian laws that relate to your car's noise

How about you specify what laws you're referring to next time?
>>
Old farts will get upset if your car is too loud for them.
>>
Why does the car need to make noise? Its job is to move, not make noises.
>>
File: hank hill mad.jpg (9 KB, 205x286) Image search: [Google]
hank hill mad.jpg
9 KB, 205x286
>turbo outback is so quiet that I can barely tell when to shift
>>
>>15073089
>needing noise to shift

You should be able to tell by the vibrations alone.
>>
>>15073089
>not ignoring the road and staring at your tac 95% of the time
>>
>>15073089
this
>Drive muh classic
>engine loud as fuck
>banging dem accelerator pumps

>get in Scion tC cause i get tired of spending $30 every other day filling up tank
>does my car have an engine?
>where the fuck is that music coming from
etc
>>
>>15073294
Spot the fag with less than 6 cylinders
>>
>drive v8
>launch in 5th
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.