[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any guides on how to become a better driver? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: north korea cry.jpg (24 KB, 402x503) Image search: [Google]
north korea cry.jpg
24 KB, 402x503
Are there any guides on how to become a better driver? I'm new at this and I don't want to be the guy who looks like he's drunk at 2pm driving when I really just suck.
>>
>>15072365
Practice.
>>
>>15072365
Always assume you suck. This will give you the drive to be better. take classes at places like Skip Barber or the BMW Performance Driving School.
>>
It just comes. And takes years.
>>
>>15072396
no it doesn't..

I've only had my license for a year and a half, and I was driving my uncle around town for a while the other day (he's been driving semi trucks for 15 years). He was genuinely surprised at how good of a driver I was.
>>
>>15072568
He was just trying to get in your pants.
>>
>>15072572
"no"
>>
>>15072365
hpde. youtube videos are nice but aren't a substitute.
>>
>>15072365
Be the delivery man of a tofu shop
>>
>>15072579
you shouldn't have such a low opinion of yourself anon, i bet you're really cute
>>
>>15072365
>Are there any guides on how to become a better driver?

You should be able to easily write down on a piece of paper the things that other drivers do that annoy you. Then strike out the items that are only there due to mood or petulance.

1. I hate drivers that suddenly stop and change lanes. Then don't do that.

2. I like it when people signal at least 100 feet before turning. You can do that too.

3. I like drivers who drive in the very center of lanes, but if a car comes by, they move a little bit over in their lane as a precaution but still remain well within their lane.

4. Don't tailgate.

5. Don't regulate. A person who regulates a freeway will drive at the speed limit in either the HOV or left passing lane asserting all the other drivers should not break the law by going faster than the speed limit. Thus he puts his car into those faster lanes in order to slow down all the other drivers by blocking them.

6. Don't regulate by accident. If you are in the left lane and keeping abreast of other cars, you are blocking others from passing. Either move slower and get back into the slow lane or move faster.
>>
drive as you would like to be driven
>>
>>15072365
Watch this video: http://youtu.be/xQRmYMlmdqM
>>
drive predictably
>>
File: 1443174478504.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1443174478504.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>15074780
>Skip Barber
My fucking sides
>>
>>15072365
>Are there any guides on how to become a better driver?

Don't take out your aggression on other drivers. Many problems on the road occur from grudge-style driving where if someone doesn't like that driver, they deliberately move in front of them and then slow down. Or they simply do things for "LOL Why Not" reasons.
>>
Seat time.

And keep an open mind so the car and traffic can teach you what it wants and what is appropriate.
>>
>>15072568
You don't understand. When an adult rides with any kid he is amazed he didn't die because of it.

If he's been driving for 15 years he probably had his expectations pretty low.
>>
>>15072568
You can catch on quickly and be an acceptable driver, it takes years to become a 'good driver'
>>
>>15077456
>Just act confident bro
Good advice if you want to wreck your car in short order. When you start you don't know what you don't know. The best strategy, like others have said, is to assume you suck.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.