[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I traded my 2012 Mazda5 Sport 6MT in for a 2012 MazdaSpeed3 Touring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1463443030406.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463443030406.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I traded my 2012 Mazda5 Sport 6MT in for a 2012 MazdaSpeed3 Touring with tech package.

How'd I do, br/o/thers?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 395x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 395x350
Loved my 2012 ms3 traded it in 2 months ago on a 2015 mustang gt. Get an intake and the Cobb tuner you will love it. Sounds way better a little more responsive you get the BPV woosh and the tuner eliminates the Hp and TQ restriction in gears 1-3 (they use that to eliminate torque steer but fuck that handle it yourself)
>>
pretty okay provided you weren't upside down on the first one. leather seats? I see no sun roof.

>>15072096
+1 for cobb accessport. really opens up fun
>>
>>15072124
Speed 3's don't have the option for sunroofs to keep the chassis stiff. And they don't have a full leather option. They do the half cloth half leather sport seats
>>
>>15072065
What changed in your life that you can trade a minivan on a turbo hatch?
>>
>>15072096
Yeah. I'm interested in the COBB "Stage 1" which includes the panel filter, rear motor mount, and Access Port. (Maybe I'll get an intake with stage 2 if I feel a need more power)

>>15072124
I wasn't exactly right side up, but the numbers were beautiful. Without going into too much detail, I'm pretty much where I was before financially, but with a much better car.

I don't believe they offered a factory sun-roof.
>>
>>15072065
First gen ms3 owner here. Welcome home, senpai. Do what >>15072096 says, and prepare to get seriously addicted to the sound of your bpv. Also install an oil catch can
>>
>>15072150
Was going to school in Michigan, but originally from Virginia. Trips home for breaks required loading up a ton of shit. Well, I graduated and came home. Don't need the space anymore and I wanted more fun.
>>
>>15072065
How's the 2nd gear synchro?
Do you really like the electric (numb) steering?

wife drives one and I (kind of) hate it (when I have to drive it).
>>
>>15072183
>not renting a van and towing the car
>>
>>15072206
I always liked the Mazda5 actually. Only "Micro-van" offered in the states, 6MT, 2.5l MZR, based in the Mazda3. That, and you seats works wonders for road-trips with friends.
>>
>>15072065
MT or AT?
>>
>>15072521
Oh shit i read it the other way around my bad. Nice trade in, though
>>
>>15072065
before you consider any mods......FUEL PUMP INTERNALS. you'll lean the engine out with any basic bolt ons that aren't an intake. Rear motor mount and cobb AP are a must too.
>>
>>15072934
Yeah. The COBB Stage 1+ adds an actual intake, internals, and some other stuff over the regular Stage 1. I'm just gonna leave it stock for awhile. I already swapped the AEM panel filter over from my Mazda5, so that will do for now

Anyone know more about the Balance Shaft Delete kits? I've done some research and seems like a cheap mod that would remove a 17lb hunk of metal from the engine, and reduce some rotating mass from the crankshaft.
>>
>>15073245
The extra vibration is not good for the engine. I wouldnt do it.
>>
>>15073340
From what I've read, it's mostly NVH that is the concern. People have supposedly reached 100k+ miles without it and no problems have been reported.

I just wonder if I can get better efficiency for both power and maybe fuel economy with a $20 oil line plug with screw, and 2 hours of my time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.