[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scenic driving in Oregon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: d.jpg (87 KB, 533x877) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
87 KB, 533x877
I am going to be driving down from Portland to Grants Pass Oregon this August, and I want to take a scenic drive.
Looking at the 101, the drive times double to almost 9 hours.
Is it worth it? Is there a lot to see?

My time is kinda limited in what I can do, so no camping, or any major stops. Just a drive down. Solo.

Any /O/regon fags here? Looking for the best route.
>>
File: 1.jpg (83 KB, 543x946) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
83 KB, 543x946
>>15071834
a more refined path. Saves 2 hours.
>>
Definitely more scenic than i5, as long as you aren't stuck behind a motor home should be a real nice drive.
>>
What is the best road to take from Portland to the 101, and back from the 101 towards I-5?

Looking for maximum twisties.
>>
I rode from Corvallis on hwy 34 to waldport, then from there to San Francisco on my motorcycle last summer. 20/10 experience I highly recommend it. If you are going purely to get somewhere, you are probably better off taking 5.

>>15071880
Does 30 take you to the coast? Either way, I highly recommend stopping at tillamook
>>
>>15071899
30 and Tillamook is way too far north for me, cant do a 12 hour drive.
>>
>>15071924
Yeah that's what I thought. Honestly, if you really want a fun drive and still want to save some time, take i5 to Corvallis, then take 34 to waldport and take 101 down to where you turn off for grants pass. 34 is one of the most twisty hektik roads you can drive. And it doesn't have much traffic because it only goes to waldport and Mary's peak
>>
>>15071932
I'd actually second that, 34 with the right car is pretty fun, don't think you'd go wrong either way though.
>>
>>15071964
That's one thing I miss about Oregon, those store twisty turns right before you get to Mary's peak were pure bliss.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (192 KB, 1523x1004) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
192 KB, 1523x1004
>>15071932
>>15071964
Thanks.

What best route to take back? Any recommendations on that?
42 looks hella hektic
>>
>>15072626
sure why not.
>>
>>15073789
aside that it might be a service road in shit condition.
>>
File: mckenzie pass.png (1 MB, 1200x815) Image search: [Google]
mckenzie pass.png
1 MB, 1200x815
>>15071834
it's way out of the way, but if you have the time to go over the McKenzie pass it is well worth it
>>
>>15074113
yah, no time for that. has to be along the way south to GP, and not take more than 8 hours overall
>>
>>15071834
Not exactly on the way, but 14 headed east from portland is a fun line. 1 lane each way, but if you pick a good time its a blast.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.