[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car running hot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: iu[1].jpg (1 MB, 2049x1112) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
1 MB, 2049x1112
Y/o/

Me mum's car ran hot today, and I managed to convince my dad not to add antifreeze to the radiator to fix it.

She's looking to get a new vehicle, but I'm hoping to snag her old one for free. This is the first issue it's had in 11 years of ownership.

Pic related.

In the meantime, is running hot indicative of any worse issues I might need to check for?
>>
>I managed to convince my dad not to add antifreeze to the radiator to fix it.
Wtf?
>>
>>15071501
You need a coolant flush. Your radiator inside will be rusted and have turned the coolant thick and brownish. This is very typical of 2000's kia's and hyundai's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--5ft5YiHg

this will solve all your problems.
>>
>>15071501
bad head gasket, bad thermostat, bad cooling fan, low coolant, etc...
>>
>>15071522
If it's fixed immediately I can't get it.
>>
Where in Vermont?
>>
>>15071853
Not in Vermont. Pic was for the model
>>
How much oil is in the car? What is the oil condition? What is the coolant level?
>>
File: 1446509104038.png (196 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
1446509104038.png
196 KB, 500x439
>>15071501
Save up a couple thousand bucks and buy a car.
No need to cuck your dad into getting a shitbox minivan.
>>
>>15071501
>wanting a goddamn kia minivan
I'd spend money on literally anything else just to not have to drive that.
>>
>>15071501
If you want the van just tell your dad. No need to play mind games. Tell him you think this would be a good time for her to get a more reliable vehicle and you would like to use her old one to learn to work on cars and drive. What's hard about that? If he doesn't give it to you, know he doesn't have to and its his choice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.