[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk tires /o/ Does anyone have any experience with Pilot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
Lets talk tires /o/

Does anyone have any experience with Pilot Sports A/S 3? I was thinking about getting them for my daily, but wanted to know how long should I expect them to last.

It doesn't snow in my area, but you can still be ticketed if you don't have snow tires/all seasons during the winter time.
>>
whatever mitchelin claims it would last, divide that in half. that's my personal experience on various cars with different driving styles.
>>
>>15066520

Not true for every tire, but i think the general consensus is that "sport tires" don't last nearly as long as other tires but that's to be expected especially if you DD a sports car.

I however have gotten 98,000 miles on Michelin defenders on my 01 malibu, and i only rotated them once every 8k miles or once an oil change.
>>
>>15066217
why would you need winter or all-season tires if it doesn't snow?
and how would they know to ticket you
>>
>>15066217
Pilots don't last nearly as long as they say they do. I had a set on my 06 G35 and they were toast within 20k miles.

Michelin can make good tires though. Have a set of LTXs on my 98 Sierra pickup and they still work great with over 50k miles on them. I might have to replace them because they're ozoned, not because they're worn.
>>
Advantages of summer vs all-seasons?
>>
>>15066755

Are you serious? The main difference is if you live in a place where it snows you can get by with a pair of all seasons. Also rain will fuck with summer tires too, they're mainly for dry conditions.

all seasons tend to last a long time as well, just dont show up to a track with them.
>>
>>15066217
Pilot Sport AS3s on my ford focus. i have almost 40k on this set and they are just about toast. i rotate and change oil every 7500.

but i also drive hard and in california heat.

They are very quite and ride well despite being very low profile.
>>
>>15066796
pic related

forgot to post
>>
File: All Season Tires.png (211 KB, 824x1116) Image search: [Google]
All Season Tires.png
211 KB, 824x1116
all seasons
>>
>>15066808
performance
>>
>>15066812
ultra performance
>>
>>15066818
ultra performance *summer* tires
>>
File: All Truck Tires.png (320 KB, 2568x920) Image search: [Google]
All Truck Tires.png
320 KB, 2568x920
>>15066823
truck tires
>>
COOPER. COBRA.

>>15066828

COOPER. COBRA.
>>
File: IMG_20151119_160706958_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151119_160706958_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
FUCK, pic didn't upload.

>>15066895
>>
>>15066217
Do you own an orange civic si?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.