[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for you OR and NJ folks. Do you tip the person pumping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: full-serv_6.jpg (40 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
full-serv_6.jpg
40 KB, 640x430
Question for you OR and NJ folks. Do you tip the person pumping your gas? Not trying to start a >tipping thread, genuinely curious. I passed through NJ and saw gas was ~20-30ยข cheaper than where I'm from, so even with a buck tip I'd still be paying less.
>>
>>15065311
>Legally mandating artificial job creation.

I'd just fill up myself anyway desu.
>>
In case you're actually serious; no, you don't tip the gas monkeys.
>>
tipping is only for jobs that require you to use your own stuff. like hair dressers, delivery drivers, etc to supplement the cost. a solution is to require businesses to do that for them (probably at a cost to the customer).

the custom of tipping service people is retarded and should have been gotten rid of ages ago.

tipping waiters and gas people makes literally no sense at all considering they aren't providing their own scissors or gas and tires like the aforementioned.
>>
>>15065367
Except you don't tip them unlike waitstaff (which is also a retarded practice)
>>
>>15065323
No you don't tip.
>>
>>15065367
>>15065372
believe it or not, once upon a time (before prohibition in America) tipping was considered rude and distasteful. It only becomes something that was even tolerated BECAUSE of prohibition, due to the fact that lots of restraunts lost a significant source of income, and tipping was the only way wait staff could earn a livable wage
>>
>>15065311

unpopular opinion I guess, but if gas was alot cheaper, I'd tip them the difference. Sharing is caring ya know? What does a few bucks mean to me?
>>
Don't tip

source: nj B&R

>>15065367
I only tip waiters so my friends don't think i'm cheap asf, but agree with everything else you said
>>
>>15065342
I am serious, and I was just wondering what was customary for the natives. Glad it isn't like the restaurant business where tipping is a given
>>
>>15065311
No, you don't tip. Guys at WaWa make $10/hr, they don't need them. If they do "full service" and clean your windshield or something similar and ask for a tip, tell them to fuck off. The low gas prices and self-service ban are the best part of NJ.

>>15065323
Don't pump on your own, it's against state law and can get the station/associate in trouble (although realistically it doesn't matter).
>>
>>15065311
>visit OR
>pleasantly surprised at first station because forgot about mandatory pumping
>leave OR later
>wtf is this shit I have to pump my own fucking gas this is Bullshit
>>
>>15065311
I live in NJ, and the answer is of course not. I'll tip waiters/valets/bartenders because I feel like the implication is that I'll get better/faster service, but a guy pumping gas has to give me what I pay for, no ifs ands or buts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.