[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone live at an apartment with multiple cars? No garage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
Does anyone live at an apartment with multiple cars? No garage or covered parking available. Found a great deal on a second car I really want tho as a hobby / has nastolgic value

>DD 09 accord
>car I'm looking at: 94 explorer
>>
>>15063978
Im not going to comment on wanting an expploder for a hobby car, but yeah I did this when my wife and I were first married and saving for a house. Parking was a pain in the ass because you only get assigned one spot. Can't work on the car either, so really limited what I could do to it (65 mustang I got instead of money a friend owed me)

I personally wouldn't do it again but if you don't mind the parking thing and have somewhere to work on it, sure why not
>>
Park it on the street. Religious about moving it. Deeply religious.
>>
>>15064443
>>15064816
What if parking isn't an issue. I'm in Texas, there's a lot of spots available right now
>>
>>15063978
Im moving to an apartment that doesnt allow anyone to work on cars.
I wonder if I could get away with driving my shit to walmart and wrenching on it in the parking lot.
>>
>>15065266

They let people RV there. I wouldn't imagine it to be a big issue
>>
>>15064837
Putting a new stereo or wheels or whatever on the truck out where a few dozen neighbors can see what you're doing and no secure garage to keep it in sets you up for getting ripped off. Assuming you don't live in a shitty area though, the only other thing that I dealt with was a place to actually work on it. Apartment complex had a policy about not working on cars on the property so I had to drive it to my in-laws house. I didn't want to block their driveway though, so all work had to be done in a day, which limits what you can do. If your complex doesn't care, then you should be alright.

One final thing - Not sure where you are in Texas but I know it can get scorchingly hot during the summer in parts, and not having at least a carport to work under will be murder.
>>
>living in an apartment
>being an enthusiast
pick one. id rather buy an acre and live in a wood shack than live in an apartment.
>>
>>15065763
I would too, but im going to be stuck at uni for a while.
It cant be helped.
>>
>>15063978
>live alone in apartment
>have two jeeps and a van

If parking isn't limited or reserved, what's the problem?
>>
File: 1460175383435.png (154 KB, 331x391) Image search: [Google]
1460175383435.png
154 KB, 331x391
>>15063978
>living in an apartment
>getting carcucked and lining jewish landlords pockets with money
lmao get a load of this guy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.