[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to lease a car for my job. I don't give a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1458240300124.gif (2 MB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
1458240300124.gif
2 MB, 400x385
I have to lease a car for my job.

I don't give a shit about cars or even like them, and the sticky only provides suggestions for outright purchase rather than lease (the only options for lease are 2015 or 2016 models.) I just want the cheapest ugliest hunk of shit that won't break down while I pool money for 2 years. What should I lease?
>>
shut up and get a Civic
>>
>>15062509
honda fit or mazda 2

not big enough?
mazda 3 or honda civic
>>
>>15062509
>thinks leasing a car for 2 years is cheaper than buying a used shitbox to daily

kill yourself
>>
>>15062538
>dealing with tyrone on craigslist for a car he tried to fuel with grape soda and has at least 10+ years of extensive wear
>>
>>15062558
>this was a humans 100% mental dialouge

You on the edge of the line man. In short
Kys
>>
>>15062516
This.
>>
>buy used civic for $2k
>sell it in two years for $1.5k
>>
The amount you'll spend leasing a car for two years is easily enough to pay for a shit box to survive for 2 years
>>
>>15062509
>not a car enthusiast
then why are you here? just google what car to lease you faggot.
>>
>>15062509
>I have to lease a car for my job.

Your job requires you to lease (rent) a car as part of the job contract? Well, I guess you have NO CHOICE since you are required to lease a car.

But if your wording was wrong, and you simply meant you needed the cheapest final cost after two years, then buying a shitbox is cheaper than leasing a 2015 or 2016.

In such a case, your use of the word "lease" did not include either mandatory leasing (renting a car for a period of time and returning to the owner after 2 years) or a standard lease from a dealer which is lease to own. Instead, you originally meant lease to own WITH the additional codicil that you can walk away without penalty or loss of deposit at any time during the lease. Remember that "without penalty" and "loss of deposit (forfeiture)" are two separate things. While your wallet sees both as a penalty, you may find them enforced differently unless you have it clearly spelled out in the contract. The salesman may tell you "sure, sure, don't worry, it is as you wanted" but what he verbally says is meaningless once you signed the contract.
>>
>>15062509
>What should I lease?

Leasing a car will mean the car has to have enough value and lifespan to be leased by the dealer. That means a newer car. Older cars and shitboxes are sold not leased.

Thus, your insistence on a lease means you have a newer car. You will need insurance to match that car and the insurance will be more expensive. If you owned a shitbox, the cost of insurance for it is much less since they would simply write it off for the paltry _fraction_ of the kelly blue book value.

Thus, the cost of insurance also factors into your total costs after two years of usage. You can always see if you can negotiate a long term car rental from one of the car rental companies such as Enterprise. They of course own the car fully but at the end of 2 years, you simply walk away. Such a lease is a genuine lease in the full meaning of the word.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 236x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 236x385
>>15062509
>http://bfy dot tw/5mGG

Now get off /o/, outsider.
>>
>>15062509
>wants to save money
>wants to lease car
ishygddt
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.