[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do repair shops charge to change the bulb for the break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: my fit.png (1 MB, 773x1105) Image search: [Google]
my fit.png
1 MB, 773x1105
How much do repair shops charge to change the bulb for the break light?

Mine went out and it makes me paranoid at night looking around for cops
>>
>>15057386
Too much. Brake light bulbs are stupidly easy to replace. Do it yourself.
>>
>>15057386
wow

change it yourself
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 799x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 799x452
>>15057386
>there are people in this world that cannot change a light bulb
Amazing
>>
There are literally people in this world who pay for roadside assistance because they do not know how to change a tire. This is the world we live in boys, and it's not getting better.
>>
Don't new cars have some LED bullshit in the back that you can't really replace yourself?
>>
>>15057498
This is /o/

It won't be that new or nice
>>
>>15057396
>>15057405
>>15057436
>>15057475
Please don't bully this is my first car and I don't know about them, I thought changing them would be harder
>>
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 299x236) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 299x236
>tfw i did this myself yesterday anyway

fuck paying a stealership to install a bulb. it was a huge pain in the ass though as you are basically working blind because its so far in and i had to move the coolant tank out of the way. so paranoid i was going to crack my $160 bulbs
>>
that is the most cringey person ive ever seen
>trenchcoat
>rat tail
>video game tshirt
>those boots
fuck
>>
>>15057553
i'm going to save you a shitload of money by giving you one tip
>google search <your car's name> + <what you want to do>, and you'll probably get tons of tutorials and forums posts. get reading
>>
File: 1462951170531.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1462951170531.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>15057553
If you can read instructions you can do it, just do what >>15057601said, unless you're like my old gay manager from back when I worked at office depot who couldn't put together a little display with instructions, he was trying to tighten some bolts with some pliers or some shit so I handed him a ratchet wrench and checked on him five minutes later and he couldn't figure out how to work the wrench
>>
>tfw if my reversing and rear fog lamp go out I'll have to take out the whole bumper
>>
>>15057512
My mom had a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that needed the LED center brake light replaced once.

2005 is probably a year that many /o/fags can afford.

The other problem with DIY-ing light bulb replacement is that some car companies can be complete assholes about what gets in the way of replacing a light bulb.

I have heard one solution is to replace all incandescent bulbs with Sylvania or Phillips LEDs.
>>
File: hikki.jpg (330 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
hikki.jpg
330 KB, 800x680
OP here, I replaced both rear lights it was really easy since all I had to do was unveil a cover then twist counter clockwise

But one of the lights are still out so I'll have the service people at the dealership look at the wiring
>>
>>15057413
Literally the price on new set s of bulbs
>>
Cost me €1.79 to do it myself.
>>
They'll top up your blinker fluid when you get it changed too
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.