[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Br/o/s, what car should I buy in order to learn manual transmission
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
Br/o/s, what car should I buy in order to learn manual transmission but also has a little horsepower? A good starter for eventually graduating up to a serious performance car when I have old guy money someday.

Current daily driver is a 2013 Toyota Corolla. No horsepower and I feel like a faggot when driving it.
>>
>>15057251
Civics are cheap, good gearbox for the price.
>>
C4 Corvette is a good choice.

I learned on my LS1 Firebird, had no issues and the engine/transmission is very reliable.
>>
some stupid cheap underpowered shitbox, master it and never stall anything ever again
>>
>>15057251
Prelude SH
>>
i learned manual 4 days ago in my 05 legacy gt wagon w/ a stage 2 clutch

kick my ass
>>
>>15057265
I learned to drive manual in an 89 ford ranger with a shit clutch. My grandfather parked it on a hill, got out, and told me "good luck".

Best way to learn imo
>>
>>15057270
fuck off corey
>>
Firebird fo sho.
>>
>>15057251
If you really want to learn manual properly, get a low power shitbox like a civic or corolla. Learn to rev match, how to downshift, how to keep the engine in its powerband. A car with a more powerful engine can make up for sloppy technique. Also, with a shitbox, the clutch is cheaper to replace if you fry it.
>>
>>15057251
>car you drive determines sexuality
>stayclassy/o/.gif
>>
>>15057345
this
get old civic
chuck it around, learn some shit
Get bored strip it out for much weight reduction
Put some cheap but reliable mods to it and maybe some turbo
Learn to drift in fwd master the four wheel durifto

Then choose
>stay Honda FWD?
>go BMW ?
>miata ?
>240sx
>Mustang ?

There you're better than most of /o/ and on your way to delivering tofu
>>
File: 01-2013-subaru-brz-fd.jpg (252 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
01-2013-subaru-brz-fd.jpg
252 KB, 1280x850
The new 86 is a beautiful car that can grow with you. Stock it's not very fast and it's a relatively easy clutch. Once you get the fundamentals down and really start to get good at driving you can upgrade the shit out of the car and have something that can beat the newer muscle cars not only around a corner but even in a straight line.
>>
>>15059175
Lol fuck off, buy a 350z, it's in between a a decent and good car, it has power that can get you in trouble but not enough that you're losing control. It's the perfect baby step.
>>
>>15059185
At the expense of being a faggot.
>>
>>15059213
as opposed to being a slow faggot in a 86 that is literally slower than minivan
>>
Why are americans (that drive manual mission) all obsessed with shit like rev matching , doubleclutching, downshifting ...
Everyone all around the world don't do that shit.
It's all simple if you drive manual transmission, you use the clutch when you want to change gears, you don't put the engine on high rpms if it's on low gears (1stn 2nd and 3rd). You rly on the sound of the engine to change gears ( or you watch out for the rpms).
That's it.
>>
>>15057261
And if he is looking for a new car the turbo civic gets a manual in the fall
>>
>>15057275
Fuggg, stock they have the worst clutches of all time. Good job.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.