[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are bicyclists allowed to share the road with cars. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1462440529100.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1462440529100.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
Why are bicyclists allowed to share the road with cars. They go at different speeds, there is obviously going to be strife.
>>
>>15057121
I don't understand why they can't ride on sidewalks.
I understand people walk on sidewalks. But there's far less risk to everyone if cyclists were on the sidewalks too.
>>
>>15057121

>right side of the road has sidewalk
>left doesn't

>LOL LET ME PUSH MY BABY STROLLER WHILE JOGGING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STREET

I hate California.
>>
>>15057176
better give them 6ft anon or you will get a ticket

We know what is best for you :^)
>>
>Drive to work at 545 every morning
>usually pitch black around this time
>have to take a specific road with tons of tree coverage and only 2 lanes
>sidewalks on both sides
>every fucking morning there is this asshole jogging in the road wearing black compression everything with no reflectors
>I have almost hit him on 3 separate occasions
>now I just lay down on my horn every day when I pass him
I honestly hope he gets hit
>>
File: SmugCyclist_bonking.jpg (236 KB, 580x370) Image search: [Google]
SmugCyclist_bonking.jpg
236 KB, 580x370
>>15057149
They got banned in my town because they kept running into pedestrians.

So clearly they should be put with cars cause they'll be safe there
>>
>>15057402
Can your town please talk to my town. It is a fucking epidemic here.
>>
File: bike lane done right.jpg (56 KB, 736x483) Image search: [Google]
bike lane done right.jpg
56 KB, 736x483
>>15057402
This. Sidewalks are one bike wide, most roads have room for bikes on the shoulders or in dedicated bike lanes.
I really think the solution to the problem is more bike lanes separated from the road, like pic related. The bikes, pedestrians, and cars all have their own dedicated spaces so they don't fuck with each other.
>>
>>15057675
First off. I seriously hope you're trolling.
Second
>wasting tax payers money on cyclists.
>>
>>15057149
I ride on sidewalks, I hear some places it's illegal, but chicks dig bad boys so I'll risk it
>>
>>15057688
>it doesn't support my impotent autistic rage
>must be trolling
Care to provide a real reason?
Also
>wasting taxpayer money on taxpayers
Weird, huh?
>>
Because a dead cyclist is better than a dead pedestrian.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (40 KB, 580x303) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
40 KB, 580x303
>>15057121
>they don't even look when they cross the road/turn
>assume all traffic will just stop for them
>>
>>15057750
>bicycle hits pedestrian.
No big deal. Couple scratches and bruises
>car hits bicycle
Death
>>
>>15057778
What does this have to do about separated bike lanes?
Also
>bike on sidewalk
entirely unusable to pedestrians
>bike on side of road
potential inconvenience to cars, but not even guaranteed
>>
>>15057822
You're retarded and part of the problem.
How does riding a bicycle on a sidewalk make it unusable?
It's a minor inconvenience to step aside and let a bike pass. Especial when a person biking or walking wouldn't be effected in making it to their destination in a timely manor.

Where as a car has to significantly drop speed for a significant amount of time while waiting to pass safely while potentially holding up multiple vehicles and potentially causing high speed collisions resulting in greater injury, death, increased insurance rates, and 1000s of dollars in damages.

Please explain why a bicycle should EVER be in the fucking road.
>>
>>15057883
You're retarded if you think bikes on the road cause significant amounts of damage.
>pedestrian has to leave sidewalk, potentially stepping in road
>better
>>
File: crushing-disappointment.jpg (21 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
crushing-disappointment.jpg
21 KB, 620x363
>>15057927
You have zero argument or logic
Fuck off and get hit by a car
>>
>>15057883
its against the law to operate a bicycle on the sidewalk
>>
>>15057937
>I have no reply
>waaaah
>>
>>15057958
The amount of stupidity....
We know. We are saying the law is stupid.
>>
cyclists piss me off a lot, they only ever want to follow the road rules that benefit them.

>will make cars give way at an intersection
>will happily run a red light and ignore road signs
>>
>>15057927
99% of the sidewalks around here have a grass easement one side of the sidewalk making it virtually impossible for someone to simply step off the sidewalk onto the road. 99% of roads around here do not have a shoulder wide enough to safely accommodate a bike making it virtually impossible for a vehicle to safely pass a cyclist.
>>
File: Hank w.png (160 KB, 349x474) Image search: [Google]
Hank w.png
160 KB, 349x474
>>15057972
>the ammount of pseudo-intelligence
>>
>>15057402
>They got banned in my town because they kept running into pedestrians.

It's because pedestrians are unpredictable and will lurch from side to side or move in diagonal directions on the sidewalk suddenly. So of course it is next to impossible to have any kind of vehicle on the sidewalk with them. A bike is too quiet as it sneaks up on the pedestrian and you cannot require all pedestrians to wear rear view mirrors AND to constantly look behind themselves as they walk. All the peds would screen out with that kind of requirement.

>>15057735
>I ride on sidewalks
Do you have bycycle insurance to cover the bills for when you hit a pedestrian and send them to the hospital?
>>
File: MyKeks.jpg (33 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
MyKeks.jpg
33 KB, 596x628
>Live in SC
>No inspection or emissions testing
>Catback exhaust on Rx7 fb
>Backfire behind bikers on the road
>mfw about 1/3 of them almost fall
>mfw they always pull over
>mfw I love my state
>>
>>15058253
>argument with zero logic again
>>
Because someone in the legislature thought it would be a good idea to make up for all the trained, licensed, and taxed road users with a bunch of untrained, unlicensed, uninsured hippies

Car lanes for cars, bike lanes for bikes. Can't pay for it? Drivers licenses for cars. Bike licenses for bikes.
>>
File: s.png (533 KB, 943x465) Image search: [Google]
s.png
533 KB, 943x465
Was he right, /o/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3akk6Dy5M
>>
>>15058287
>bicycle in a car Lane
Fuck him. I hope he gets hit. Especially after acting like an entitled cunt and then Lane filtering.
>>
>>15057883
So go around the cyclists you dumb fuck what is wrong with you
>>
>>15058312
>reading comprehension
>>
>>15057883
>Please explain why a bicycle should EVER be in the fucking road.

In every state I have lived in, it is not legal to ride motorbikes, scooters, or bicycles on the public sidewalk. Therefore, motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles are to use the public roadway.

There is another problem with your logic - you simply shift the problem onto others (sidewalk pedestrians) and say it is their problem because you don't want to have the risk of bicycles on the road with you causing 1000s of dollars in damages. Well, that means others don't want the problem of storing nuclear waste, so it should be stored at your house.
>>
>>15058347
I understood your post. I was pointing out that you can drive around the cyclists. You don't have to wait behind them
>>
>>15058312
You can't in some places, not enough room or they're in the middle of the road
>>
>>15058359
>argument with zero logic again
At least try
>>
>>15058364
So either pull into the opposing lane and go around them if it is safe and legal to do so or follow them until you find a place to pass
>>
>>15058378
>So either pull into the opposing lane and go around them if it is safe and legal to do so
Obviously
or follow them until you find a place to pass
This can last miles.
>doing 45mph+
>stuck doing 15mph until it's safe
Fuck that. Its also causing a greater hazard to slow traffic down.
>>
cyclists are autistic as fuck. passive aggressive little soft cunts.

they don't really bother me because im not an unstable rager, but they definitely shouldn't be allowed to ride in the road.
>>
File: flag-of-south-carolina.png (46 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
flag-of-south-carolina.png
46 KB, 1000x667
>>15058261
BROTHER
If sc had either one of those test i'd be fucked
>>
>>15058378
It's not really ever safe or legal around here
>>
>>15058359
>Therefore
Therefor nothing, nobody has a right to bicycle. Putting them on the sidewalk is a bad idea and putting them in the road has proven to be a bad idea, so how about sanity prevails and they are banned from both?
>>
>>15058419
>nobody has a right to bicycle
Wut
>>
>>15057121
When the car users are backed into a corner, they lash out by dropping the phrase "argument with zero logic". Of course, they don't dare explain what they find wrong as their own logic has been shown incorrect and even illegal.

Other car owners rejoice in making bike riders fall down or otherwise leave the road.

In my area 2 months ago, an angry car driver moved to the right and kept doing so and squished the bike rider off the road causing severe injuries. Due to being severely injured, no identification of the car was obtained in the hit and run.
>>
>>15058430
You don't have a right to skateboard or rollerblade either
Or a right to drive a car that is not road legal
Adding bikes isn't a huge deal. If they want to save the environment, they can take the bus.
>>
File: head-in-the-sand2.jpg (9 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
head-in-the-sand2.jpg
9 KB, 300x282
>>15058445
>>
>>15058430
No one has a right to bike when it interferes with my car and my enjoyment of the road. Anyone that disagrees with me has zero logic.
>>
File: _20150927_110658.jpg (252 KB, 841x1002) Image search: [Google]
_20150927_110658.jpg
252 KB, 841x1002
>>15058456
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>15057121
>Why are Corollas and Camrys allowed to share the road with cars. They go at different speeds, there is obviously going to be strife.
>>
File: strawman.jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
91 KB, 600x450
>>15058359
>allow the public to decide how to use public property
>allow public to decide how to use private property

nice try kiddo
>>
File: 1461837395313.png (301 KB, 641x720) Image search: [Google]
1461837395313.png
301 KB, 641x720
>>15057121
This is only an issue if you live in a third world country where bicycles don't have their own lane though
>>
File: South Carolina.png (111 KB, 2000x1192) Image search: [Google]
South Carolina.png
111 KB, 2000x1192
>>15058400
I'm pretty sure like 1/4 of all cars here would be off the road if they had them
>>
>>15058470
>Corollas and Camrys
Can go 100+ mph
>bicycle
15mph at a brisk pace
>>
>>15058468
Public road, public rules. Go ride on private property.

I can't wait until cyclists need plates and licenses to operate outside of the suburbs.
>>
>>15058503
You're dumb
>>
>>15058473
>city my college is in recently put in dedicated bike lanes
>removed lanes for cars and makes traffic worse around the campus
>no one uses the bike lanes because most of the people with bikes are tweakers
Good job
>>
>>15058476
where do you live? like spartanburg or coloumbia or something? cause ive never seen an RX7 in SC
>>
>>15058503
>I can't wait until cyclists need plates and licenses to operate outside of the suburbs.
They should need this on any public road plus insurance.
>>
>>15058507
Dumb because I want all road users to pay taxes to support the roads and maintenance and upgrades meant to accommodate their use of them? Dumb because I want all road users to be insured so they can protect themselves and others in the case of an accident? Dumb because I want there to be standards in the public transit system instead of a free for all?
>>
>>15058419
>trying to correct someone's spelling when you're illiterate
Not sure why you hate bicycles when you already have to wear a helmet everywhere anyway.
>>
>>15058473
>This is only an issue if you live in a third world country where bicycles don't have their own lane though

The poor people should get cars. If they are really too poor, then they can walk or use the bus. It should not be a right to have a bicycle on public roads. Bicycles are personal private possessions not public ones. Ride them on private tracks or private property.
>>
>>15058513
>city I live in took away a car Lane to install bike lane
>middle if downtown
>was congested before they did this
>extra congested now
>also reduced parking available.
There were so many complaints they switched it back.
Cost tax payers $280,000
>>
>>15058536
>>15058543
Move to Russia. You'll fit in nicely
>>
>>15058556
zero logic detected
>>
>>15058556
The last person that said that to me was a satanist that thought voluntary human sacrifice, incest, and cannibalism should be legal , just saying.

It was also my little brother.
>>
File: 1446533809718.png (656 KB, 938x720) Image search: [Google]
1446533809718.png
656 KB, 938x720
>>15058543
>have to go anywhere that's less than 15 km away
>the basic thought of using an automated vehicle

I'll pray for you anon
>>
>>15057250
Take a picture of him next time
>>
>>15058581
maybe if you needed plates, inurance, and a license there would be enough tax revenue to pay for bike lanes that aren't complete shit

or even dedicated bike trails
>>
>>15058463
I'm paying the bills so yes. I also have a right not to have my freedom of movement routinely obstructed on public roads by the recreating of others.
>>
>>15058771
Freedom of movement has absolutely nothing to do with motorized vehicles and has been the case for over a hundred years
Yet bicycles are included in freedom of movement

Fuck off cager
>>
>>15058797
Freedom of movement on private property, just like skateboards.

Go ahead, do some sick ollies in the middle of main street. I'm sure your freedom of movement will be appreciated.

You don't have insurance, you don't pay road tax, you aren't licensed to prove that you know what a fucking stop light is. Stay off the road. There are cheaper and faster modes of transport for you to use that are also much safer for all of us. Keep your bike to the trails.
>>
>>15058797
Why are you so mad? Is it because deep down you understand that you have no moral or ethical grounds to impede my movement with you bi-cycling?
>>
>>15058797
Also, why the fuck are you on /o/?
>>
>normal people on bikes
>rides in parking lane
>if not, rides on footpath or as close to the side, away from traffic as they can
>gives way to cars and shit
>rings bell when coming up to pedestrian and there's no risk

>cyclists
>I PAY REGISTRATION TOO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HERE
>rides as close to the traffic as they possibly can in the cycle lane
>doesn't move out of the way for anyone
>will hold up lots of traffic with their smug bullshit

I seriously don't get it. Cars weight way more then you do. You will come out second best every time.
Surely you can get past your smug bullshit to see that it's also in your best interests to not ride on the road like you on the frigging thing and put themselves in danger
>>
>>15058868
because they know the law is on their side.
if you hit a cyclist you're at fault 90% of the time even though you can't fucking see the cunts.

they are just passive aggressive shit lords. being a smug cunt is part of the fun for them.
>>
>>15058868
This.

A bicycle was my primary mode of transportation for 6 years. It is very possible to do it with out fucking with cars or putting people in danger.

People that go out of their way to delay others and put themselves at risk need to be so thoroughly rekt that they can't ride anymore.
>>
>>15058882
>I would rather die with my head up my own ass then do the smart thing
>>
>live off of two lane highway
>45mph speed limit
>fucking bikers everywhere always going 15mph in the middle of the road

I don't even give a fuck anymore, I pass them going 50 trying to get as close as possible without hitting them.
>>
File: Untitled_22j.png (972 KB, 841x774) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_22j.png
972 KB, 841x774
>>15058817
not a cyclist, keep your raging autism in check

>>15058839
As above

>>15058852
Because I drive cars and talk about driving cars instead of sperging like an autistic virgin Bitch about a minor inconvenience :^)
>>
>driving through lancaster city
>nigger on a bike literally smack in the middle of the lane, going against traffic, at night, wearing black
>almost hit it
>i wouldn't have stopped
>i could just say i thought i hit a pothole since the roads are so fucking shit.
>>
>>15058921
Such a hard core bad ass
What color is your scorpion jacket?
>>
Cars run motorcycle riders over for pissing them off and they can actually do the speed limit, do people that ride push bikes legitimately have a death wish or are they just hoping to catch that road rage on camera?
>>
>>15058901
TOGAY KING
>>
Anybody have that Webm of 20 cars getting stuck behind one spandex clad asshole on Mulholland
>>
>>15058934
Black, as if there was any other option.

no but for real, are niggers trying their hardest to prove Darwin right?
>>
>tfw I drive and also frequently commute/travel by bike

>always follow all traffic laws when using both

>am regularly nearly killed by driver's breaking the law, am occasionally mildly inconvenienced by a bicycle while driving

bicycles are objectively better for you, the environment, and your community when traveling reasonably distances

you guys are dumb, thank god none of you have any real influence on society
>>
>>15058528
What would they need insurance for?
>>
>>15059007
>bicycles are objectively better for you, the environment, and your community when traveling reasonably distances
And this is why we don't care.
Just for that, i'm going to hoon the fuck out of my emission exempt, straight piped, carb'd car in a college town.
>>
>>15059007
>am regularly nearly killed by driver's breaking the law
>things that never happened

I rode a bike almost every day for 6 years. Dog walkers are a way bigger problem than other drivers.
>>
>>15059036
don't cut yourself on that edge bro
>>
Bicycles are great if a normal person operates them.
Bicycles are NOT great if there's a spandex wearing faggot from /n/ riding.
>>
>>15059007
I'm not riding 15 miles to work and 15 miles back home every day, bro. Not everyone lives in fucking Manhattan.
>>
>>15059042

you must live in a decent place

I live in the bay area. Asians and Niggers everywhere
>>
File: ghettonames.png (183 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
ghettonames.png
183 KB, 750x422
n argument between a man on a bicycle in downtown San Francisco and a motorist nearly turned deadly Thursday night when the driver allegedly hit and ran over the cyclist, police said.

Taj’zanae Zakira Thomas, an 18-year-old Oakland resident, was driving with two others in her car when she and a 26-year-old man on a bicycle started arguing at 4th and Market streets downtown about 5 p.m., said San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza.

Witnesses reported hearing a thud when the bicyclist pounded on Thomas’ car, then saw him pull ahead, police said. Then Thomas allegedly hit the man’s bicycle, knocking him over. She then drove directly over him and paused, witnesses told police.

Pedestrians who watched the violent encounter rushed in and stood in front of Thomas’ car, blocking her escape, Esparza said. The bicyclist was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and pelvis, KRON reported.
>>
>>15059094

I'm not saying everyone should use bicycles, but certainly more people could. It would be better for everyone, including other drivers (less congestion)

I've commuted 17 miles before and I don't blame you, I wouldn't do it every day
>>
>>15059080
Cool bro, nice Schwinn
>>
This is the way it should be
>car lane wide enough for most cars
>bike lane also wide enough
>room for both to travel freely
>pedestrian footpath away from road
>>
>>15059124
Yeah well you can't retrofit city roads like that.
>>
>>15059098
I'm not gonna say he deserved it, but karma's a bitch.
>>
ITT thread, people who are bad at biking getting others back for their substandard teenage years without cycling joy.
>>
File: ccc-foxen-canyon-wall.jpg (77 KB, 1600x629) Image search: [Google]
ccc-foxen-canyon-wall.jpg
77 KB, 1600x629
>>15059124
that's all well and good, california has those too, but the issue is cyclists here are rarely on major roads. it's always on county roads with no fucking room. and of course they are in the middle of the road around a blind corner. they have no fucking sense or respect for drivers. and it's perfectly legal for them to do it.
>>
>>15059159
damn, didn't know you americucks had such shitty cyclists

here in cuckstralia, most cyclists have the decency to stick to the side of the road
>>
>>15059153
How can you be bad at biking? 5 year olds can do it. You sit there and pedal. I was an ABA national number holder (double digit) in BMX.

Secondly, when I was a teenager I rode my bike on the sidewalk when available and when not available I got the fuck out of the way of cars cause I'm not a dumb cunt.
>>
File: cia stomedy 2.jpg (64 KB, 766x934) Image search: [Google]
cia stomedy 2.jpg
64 KB, 766x934
>trying to get to english class on time for once
>bicyclist in full on "im a pro" gear
>rides on dangerous curvy hill road, but theres no sidewalk and i dont want to hit the dude so keep my distance and pass him
>he passes me at a red light
>catch up to him again because of course he had to take the same backroad i was
>keep in mind im driving a big ass chevy truck because my vette wasn't working
>now there's a sidewalk
>mfw he wasn't riding on it, and blew past 2 stop signs
>mfw he slows down just enough so that i catch up to him when theres a gap in between the cars parked on the side of this tiny as road so once iget to him he merges right back in front of me
>looks back at me as he does so, i can tell hes smug af but not showing it
>5 cars waiting behind me for this slow ass bike to move

correct me if im wrong but if bikers are sharing the road with cars dont they have to obey all traffic laws as us cars/motorcycles?
>>
>>15059176
>damn, didn't know you americucks had such shitty cyclists
Really only in the cuck states
>>
>>15059096
I live in the east bay. Stop riding like a jackass and you will stop having problems with drivers.
>>
>>15059195
This, it's one of the reasons I don't like CA
>>
>>15059096
Central CA here
It's less crowded here but the number of niggers and spics goes up exponentially, and not only are they awful drivers, they also make up most of the cyclist population
>>
>>15059195
you mean the states where people are interested in things other than hunting and playing call of duty.
>>
>>15059225
Like drinking coffee all day at a chain store and whining about mean republicans?
>>
>>15059187
Yeah, I agree. I think the main issue is trying to treat cyclists like vehicle traffic, when they're closer to pedestrian traffic. It compounds itself if you take into account the fact that it takes a cyclist so much time to go up a hill.(much close to the same time as walking)
>>
File: chicago43.jpg (20 KB, 444x303) Image search: [Google]
chicago43.jpg
20 KB, 444x303
>They go different speeds!

Just to play devil's advocate I'll jyst keave this puc here...
>>
>>15058287
>a bike trying to act bigger than a car
I mean, I know it sucks and I fucking hate it when a people don't use their indicators, but he should realise that the car could flatten him without a second thought.
>>
File: beyond fast.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
beyond fast.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>15059272
the max speeds and acceleration times of cycles to cars is noticeably different. there you go
>>
File: california.gif (20 KB, 454x360) Image search: [Google]
california.gif
20 KB, 454x360
>>15059245
>whining about mean republicans
most of california is red. orange county is super red.
>>
File: ca_popquantile2.jpg (170 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
ca_popquantile2.jpg
170 KB, 1700x2200
>>15059289
And yet, most Californians live in blue counties.
>>
>>15059176
>driving on great alpine road
>not driving stupidly fast, but I like having some fun too.
>come around blind corner, just start to accelerate into it
>three fucking bikes side by side
>no time to break
>clip the one on the far right as I try to swing around then, thank god there was no oncoming traffic
>pull over
>the guy is fine, he just scraped his knee
>the other two get fucking pissed off, try and intimidate me.
>call them stupid cunts for risking every bodies lives.
>blast diesel in their faces as I drive off

Felt pretty good seeing them coughing.
>>
>>15059310
Most people in the country live in blue counties you fucking nitwit. That's why only 14 states can win an election.

SD, riverside, and OC counties are still conservative.
LA and bay area are the retards (mostly mexican voters in LA and central valley) SF is the only place with the retarded white people like you see in oregon.
>>
File: 1454962249553.png (121 KB, 354x347) Image search: [Google]
1454962249553.png
121 KB, 354x347
>>15057402
>give tons of room to cyclists on the road, don't get close behind, very good
>bike like a total cunt on sidewalks, pass within inches of pedestrians, unreasonable speed in tight spots, weaving in crowds

It's just more fun that way, what the fuck are they doing walking around all slow and shit.
>>
>>15059372
Dude..... I have lived in SF and Oregon, they aren't close to the same level.

>Oregon Liberal: Smokes a bowl and gets idealistic
>SF Liberal (everybody): Smokes a bowl then snorts 4 lines THEN agressively gets all up in your business about how he knows what is best for you, because he can see your future.
>>
>>15059372
>Most people in the country live in blue counties you fucking nitwit.
God damn you're sore m9

>SD, riverside, and OC counties are still conservative.

Too bad they don't count for shit.
>>
>>15059373
What the actual fuck is wrong with people that use this site?
>>
>>15059373
Because there's no repercussions for hitting a ped on a bike and the speed difference isn't enough to seriously injure.
>>
>>15059403
they count for half the urban population of the state, bud.

>>15059401
they are equally retarded white guilt faggots though.
so glad we dont have that in socal.
>>
File: 1462756861375.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1462756861375.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>15059435
>they count for half the urban population of the state, bud.
And they still don't count for shit in CA. Conservatives don't matter in CA.
>>
>>15059435
>they are equally retarded white guilt faggots though.
>so glad we dont have that in socal.
No, you get Kevin instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
>>
File: hmm.png (25 KB, 436x203) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
25 KB, 436x203
>>15059490
California is not as liberal as you think it is.

It's an even split between moderate, liberal, and conservative with the highest percentage ideology being conservative per capita.
>>
>>15059525
*among likely voters, aka white people
>>
>>15059525
But conservatives have 0 clout in the state.
you have all of these "startups" and tech giants dumping all their cash into the Democratic party.

What was the last conservative flavored bill to pass in CA?
>>
>>15059529
I'm not disputing that, the laws are fucking gay. I'm just saying the populous itself is not majority libtards despite the leftist policies. The daily interaction between people is not retarded hippies like people from red states seem to think. That's more OR, WA, and the bay.
>>
>>15057250
lmao people can't be this stupid.. wait yes they can. Good work anon
>>
>>15058470
Fuck you anon I like corollas for what they are, cheap shitboxes!
>>
>>15059027

For when they cause damage by being at fault in an accident you dumb faggot
>>
>>15058868
>>15058882
>>15058885
As much as I agree with you please fugg off samefag
>>
>>15059176
I don't know what city you're in, but in Brisbane the cyclists are just as bad as the rest in this thread
>>
>>15060462
speaking of brisbane
>going through city
>it's rush hour
>coming up to intersection
>some cyclist just flies out into the middle of the road
>then goes back onto the sidewalk
>what the fuck
>stop at light
>another cyclist stops behind me as if he was a car
and these faggots cry when they get hit
>>
>>15058581
Why the fuck would I spend an hour riding a bike to my destination when I could do it in ten in my car?
>>
File: 1462413103531.jpg (80 KB, 775x720) Image search: [Google]
1462413103531.jpg
80 KB, 775x720
>>15060529
>why the fuck would I spend an hour riding a bike to my destination when I could do it in ten in my car

because if you rode a bike every once a while you wouldn't take an hour to cycle a 30 minute distance
>>
>>15058526
le Charleston
they're pretty rare here too, only ever seen one other one, it was a rusty ass fc onvertable
>>
File: libs.jpg (58 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
libs.jpg
58 KB, 850x656
>>15059571
There are a large amount of niggers and mexicans WHO DO NOT SHOW UP in expected voter polls.
Commiefornia let the Dems have it when it became a save-haven for undesirables
Kill yourself if you live there.

also a picture of you
>>
>>15058526
I've seen one FD in this state, it's occasionally at this car wash in Greenwood. (Slightly below Greenville)
>>
in a real city bikes on the sidewalk is just not possible, it's even illegal. aside from blind zig-zagging pedestrian cell phone zombie mobs getting rammed by bikes, drivers rarely have a high degree of awareness for the sidewalks except at turn-ins and intersections which still always inevitably end up with that bullshit where either the driver doesn't yield to the pedestrian or the pedestrian stops in their tracks and stares at the driver who properly yielded. bad for all parties involved in traffic

cities in the US also fail their citizens miserably with poor infrastructure. level tram crossings, pedestrian crosswalks, cars, cycles, and bus stops all literally going on at the same 4-way intersection, everyone is always waiting on someone else. that's 5 different modes of transport going at 5 different speeds and 5 different frequencies of stops and crossings

not to mention for the last 80 years or so every road has been paved under the assumption that every man woman and child in america drives their own personal car every day and all other considerations have fallen completely to the wayside

I would start lynching city planners before I went after bike riders
>>
>>15059373
>being a piece of shit deliberately

This must be why nobody cycles in America.
>>
>>15058363
>go into oncoming lane to pass cyclist
>red light
>cyclist passes 10+ cars that overtook him while leaving 10cm room at best
>repeat ad absurdum

>multiple lanes in one direction, oncoming traffic or poor visibility of oncoming lane makes passing the cyclist unsafe
>some cyclists are cunts that drive in the middle or left side of the lane, thinking their selferighteousness will protect them against 1 ton of steel plowing into them

>cyclists sneakily move next to a truck in the turn lane where he can't possibly see them
>truck flattens them, driver gets PTSD, might lose his job or get fucked up by cunts with mob mentality trying to lynch him.

not all cyclists are cunts, but the cunts stick out like sore thumbs and ruin it for everyone else
>>
>>15057149
>I don't understand why they can't ride on sidewalks.
The cyclists here won't even use the fucking cycle lanes.
Every time a cyclist goes out on the road they endanger their own life and the life of everyone else on the road.
They have no liability, no accountability, and take no responsibility for any of their actions.
The are allowed to act with total immunity.

I don't mind the city cunts. They're just going to work and the speed you can drive at toin the city is slow anyway.
But those silly cunts that cycle all over the countryside, the number of which has exploded ever since we won all the golds for cycling at the olympics and the tour de france started in the uk, are just asking to get killed.
Especially when some mad cunt like me is niggin' it at like 90+ on a single lane C road.
>>
File: 1458238212752.jpg (54 KB, 255x217) Image search: [Google]
1458238212752.jpg
54 KB, 255x217
>>15058544
Thats cheap.My town installed a £650,000 cycle lane. Caused massive congestion for month and months when it was being built. and I can't see any benefit from it.

I count the cyclists on that road on my way to and from work erry day.

The most I counted was 5.
2 were actually cycling on the pavement (sidewalk you cunt), and one was cycling down it the wrong way.

http://www.cyclinguk.org/sites/default/files/castle_lane_west_-_cycling_and_walking_improvements.pdf

>Mfw they put traffic lights in the cycle lane with a sign that reads "Cyclists stop on red"
>>
>>15058378
In the US it's not legal in non-emergency situations to pass a cyclist like that - even when they're occupying the road with adequate shoulder space for them to ride there.
>>
>>15059124
I live in a small town. The main road through the center of town used to be 2 lanes in each direction. When they repaved it a few years ago they got rid of one lane on each side so it is only 1 lane + a bicycle lane. I have never seen anyone use the bicycle lane except one time a kid was riding a skateboard down it. Shit would have been way better to remain 2 lanes wide.
>>
Dude fuck the bike lane I hate having to worry about cars on my left and a possibility to fall off my bike because I might hit the little wall for the side walk. In my city nobody walks except for kids so I always take the sidewalk.
>>
>>15058473

Yeah, right. Barely anyone in my town uses bike lanes. Some do, but the most just ride in the middle of the road, half the time not even in the right most lane. They just ride in whatever lane feels best and then lane filter, fucking up motorcyclists too.
>>
>>15057149
>I don't understand why they can't ride on sidewalks.

Yeah, this. I lived in Japan for years and we just rode bicycles on the fucking sidewalk and everything was fine. It isn't like anybody in Murka actually walks on the sidewalk anyway.

I'd happily ride to work every day here in the US but I'm not a big enough asshole to disrupt rush hour traffic being an enhanced pedestrian in the real road.
>>
>>15057778
>>bicycle hits pedestrian.
>No big deal. Couple scratches and bruises

Do you understand that a bicycle with a rider on it has the mass of a bicycle with a rider on it and is going faster than anyone runs? A skinny fuck on a bicycle will hit you as hard as a first-string linebacker, and you won't be wearing pads.
>>
>>15062366
still less damage than a car hitting a cyclist
cyclists should stay the fuck out of the road, the road is for cars
>>
>>15062366

I agree with all of that, but don't pretend you can't kill a pedestrian with your bicycle.
>>
>>15062450

meant for

>>15062384
>>
>>15062450
The exception is not the rule, you're just grasping at straws here.
>>
>>15062463

https://www.google.com/search?q=pedestrian+killed+by+cyclist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

>414,000 results

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm just saying that getting hit by a bicycle isn't a couple of scratches and bruises, especially if the person who gets hit is young or elderly or small.

Of all the people on the sidewalk and roads, exactly one group has a pure fucking RIGHT to be there, and that's pedestrians. Driving an automobile is a heavily-regulated privilege. Playing with children's toys like bicycles is hipster douchebaggery.

Everybody else's privileges can be abrogated if necessary to keep pedestrians safe.

So fuck it, I'm switching sides. Bikes can hop into the car lanes and get off the sidewalk.
>>
It's amusing to see how the debate in this thread differs from the /n/ equivalent. They're approximately equally uncivil, although the /n/ version tends to be slightly more reasoned.

Lycra fags are not only unwilling to ride on the sidewalk, but actually kind of hostile towards other cyclists who do.

I have a car, but use a bicycle for commuting. My preferred pace happens to be slow, so I ride on the sidewalk.

That isn't to say that ALL cyclists should be confined to sidewalks, not by a long shot.

The rules are different for riding on sidewalks. Aside from needing to ride more slowly in general, there's a need to yield to pedestrians (who are likely oblivious to their surroundings) and slow down further when entering crosswalks and driveways. To safely use the sidewalk, one has to be really mindful about everything else in their path, and go out of their way to be as predictable as possible. Even if you have the right of way at a crosswalk, darting out into the street unexpectedly is suicide.

Just as sidewalk speeds would be needlessly obstructive in the street, street speeds for cyclists are extremely unsafe on sidewalks. Even if it's "harder" to kill someone that way, it's still very possible to cause injury, or damage something the pedestrian is carrying. I can't tell you how many times some stupid ass kid has run out of a store or something in front of me, and would have been run the fuck over if I'd been going any faster.

So yes, cyclists should be allowed in the street. Of course, they should also be considerate to motorists, and follow the fucking rules. I will never understand the cognitive dissonance that some shithead cyclists have, where they expect an equal share of the road yet aren't subject to things like red lights and stop signs.

(cont)
>>
One particular thing that pisses me off is this intersection I pass through a lot that stops traffic in all directions to let pedestrians through (diagonally if they want). It's a stupid idea to begin with, but the worst of it is that any road cyclists waiting at the light will roll through with the pedestrians- Every. Damn. Time. Shit makes me rage.

Lane filtering is an odd one. Obviously it's stupid in that they're not going to outrun the cars like a motorcycle usually would, but the safety angle that motorcyclists use to defend filtering still applies- they're not going to get hit from behind by an inattentive driver if they're filtering. Perhaps there should be a convention about which lane(s) cyclists use for this purpose, to avoid conflict with motorcycles?
>>
>>15057750
Gas taxes largely pay for road improvements here in the states.

Cyclists are basically using roads they don't pay for.
>>
>>15059176
>damn, didn't know you americucks had such shitty cyclists

No, it is the conservative anti-cyclists that whip up a frenzy and exaggerate about the cyclists being obnoxious everywhere. We've had these conservatives also complain about pedestrian crosswalks in my area as they wanted some of them removed so that pedestrians would not cross the road at that point (but have to walk far far away to the nearest traffic light).
>>
>>15062784
>Shit makes me rage.

You should apply for "Death Race 2000" but for 2017 when President Trump legalizes death race as a national sport.
>>
>>15059124
> Live in Kiwiland
> Driving one weekend
> There's a cycle lane on an 80km/h road
> There's a cyclist in it
> And then there's the nigger that wants to ride next to his ass buddy
> On an 80km/h road
>>
>>15062807
>Cyclists are basically using roads they don't pay for.

The only real difference is the gasoline tax, but all the other taxes pay for roads. Even the taxes taken in from electricity usage pay for roads. Sales taxes pay for roads and their support infrastructure.

Cars and business vehicles (trucks, deliverry vans, semis) do the vast majority of wear and tear on roads whereas bicycles affect the roadways so little that one could almost draw the gray line at zero.

Bicyclists subsidize car drivers thru taxes. That is a fact. It has always been pointed out in our local bicycle debates in the city council when the need for bike paths comes up. Without enough bike paths, the common people feel nervous about using bikes. There's a critical mass but I don't think our area has enough room for that many bike paths because the original city was never designed to have room for bikes or railway transit. We'll never be like Tokyo Japan for light rail and bicycle transit as car owners continue to fight accommodation rather than be part of the community.
>>
>>15057121
Because there's no sidewalk/bike lane available. It's that easy. If there is and they're not using it, they're dumb.
>>
>>15062998
>bike lanes
>on 80km/h roads
what the shit
where I live cyclists aren't even allowed on road types with a speed limit higher than 60km/h
>>
>>15057176
Holy fucking shit Californians piss me off sometimes. The state itself is nice and I'd probably enjoy it here a lot more if I wasn't a poorfag, but fuck some of the people here have no grasp of reality. I feel that way about most of America, but LA has such a concentration of narcissistic city-dwellers that it's more noticeable here.
>>
>>15058287
Yes.

As much as I hate bicyclists I hate people who change lanes suddenly without signalling even more. I'm not sure if that was a brake-check, if the guy doesn't have the mental capacity to signal he probably doesn't know how to drive very well either.
>>
>>15058400
Califag here.

There's some really amazing places to drive here, and despite the Fast and Furious memes the car scene here is actually pretty cool, but beyond that this place fucking sucks for driving on account of traffic and laws, so I'm jealous of states like yours.
>>
>>15058565
>he doesn't think incest should be legal

Also your little brother probably wants to fuck you
>>
I don't really get it why people are bad at cycling.

Just fucking go to the side and let people pass. If the traffic is busy and two cars don't fit the street with you on the side, go on the sidewalk and push your bike like the pedestrian you are.
>>
>>15059525
Moderate sits closest to Democrat.
>>
>>15062759
>Of course, they should also be considerate to motorists, and follow the fucking rules. I will never understand the cognitive dissonance that some shithead cyclists have, where they expect an equal share of the road yet aren't subject to things like red lights and stop signs.

As somebody that has argued in this head and staunchly believes bicycles either need to be heavily regulated or completely banned from public roads, it comes down to this.

In principle I complete agree with you. This is the way things should be. But in practice, greater than 2/3rds of cyclists prove to be completely incapable of being responsible. It isn't what anybody wants, but because of the behavior being displayed, the privileged needs to be revoked.
>>
Irrelevant yurofag speaking. Burgers, fucking EDUCATE YOUR PEOPLE. Both drivers and cyclists.
Make sure motorists know how to act around cyclists and where they do and do not belong, and similarly, make sure cyclists know they're not above the fucking law.
>>
>>15063670
The problems here have nothing to do with education. It is a conflict mentality (united we stand, heh)

Have you heard of critical mass? Cyclists here go out of their way to antagonize motorists. They feel they have environmental justification for it and that the motorists are the bad guys. This leads to them believing they are in the ethical right to slow motorists down.

Over and over again I have watched motorists get stuck behind spandex sports bikers, start off patiently waiting for an opportunity to pass then gradually loose their shit as it becomes clear the cyclist is working to actively obstruct them. Almost always something unsafe happens.

It is pretty clear to all motorists that cyclists will be using the roads, and nobody wants to see anybody get hurt. The behavior of cyclists makes it very difficult to remember that.
>>
>>15063762
I'm all for punishing the smug cunts that fuck it up for everyone, especially since it's perfectly possible to have both motorists and cyclists using the same roads.

I know the situation in the US is completely different, but over here we get taught in mmiddle school how to safely participate in traffic on a bike. It's actually a viable mode of transport for trips up to about 6 miles.
>>
>>15057149
it depends on the situation

if you ride on the sidewalk near driveways in towns, then there's way more risk you'll run into a car pulling out unless you're going at a walking speed... which you might aswell not be riding. i've had it happen heaps so if there's driveways like that i'll go off the sidewalk.. even then there's still heaps of space

and then in town here, people throw glass bottles and shit where you'd be on the side of road and have enough room that car wouldn't pull out from a sidewalk, and more than enough room from cars passing by.
and the sidewalks usually have way more glass then the roads as well. i can go ride downtown and there's usually atleast 5-6 places within a 5 minute ride where there's glass on a sidewalk
and even in the cycle lanes people will come pull out quick and won't even check that well and cut you off/nearly hit you.. and then on the roads is worse with glass. it doesn't get cleaned up on the roads so there's been bits of it in spots for like 2 years or so (or someone just keeps breaking glass there).

in places where there's cars pulling out of parking in middle of town, you either have to ride in the middle of the road so you have time to dodge a car that just pulls out/someone opens door/jaywalks between cars or ride on sidewalk where there's more people...

still cyclist should let people pass. here not many people ride on the road so if you even see a cyclists, which isn't much, usually just slow down while you pass him... 5-10 secs of having to go 10-15km/h under speed limit so you can pass him safely.

the people that won't slow down to let you pass or ride in the middle probably don't want to break their cadence or something stupid like that
here most people like that will ride out of town/on highways where there's space on side of road and they can ride as fast as they can.
>>
File: 140459285108.png (195 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
140459285108.png
195 KB, 576x432
>>15057765

>they don't look
>they get hit by a car
>they die
>driver of car is completely unharmed
>>
>>15064003
>the driver of the car is sued by the cyclist's family and his life is ruined
>>
>>15063907
>usually just slow down while you pass him... 5-10 secs of having to go 10-15km/h under speed limit so you can pass him safely.
If this is what happened in the US, the only people complaining about cyclists would be people that complain about everything.

It would be a huge relief if we only were trapped behind them for 3-4 minutes, I can't imagine getting past one in 5-10 seconds.
>>
>>15057778
>no big deal. Couple cuts and bruises.

Totally wrong. A few months ago there was a report of a cyclist hitting a pedestrian who was crossing the road and killing them. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but "a couple of cuts and bruises" it was not.
>>
>>15058046
That's a problem with your shitty city/state and its woeful road design, not with cyclists using roads generally
>>
>>15064043
Word.

Every so often somebody gets KOed in a fight and when their head hits the concrete they suffer a fatal injury.

Getting hit by a bicycle and faggot traveling at 20mph? Lets start with broken bones and go from there.
>>
>>15058419
>Americans
>muh freedom
>how dare cyclists interfere with muh freedom to drive on the roads
>they shouldn't be free to do so
>>
>>15064013

>he sticks around to be identified after killing someone with his car

get a load of this guy
>>
>>15060746
t. never ridden a bike
>>
File: 1443096497504.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1443096497504.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>>15064337
Whatever lead you to such incorrect conclusions anon?
>>
>>15060746
It really depends on the circumstances.

For instance, my short commute:

By bus:
>Go to stop about a block from home
>Wait
>Ride ~25 minutes (stops)
>Depart
>Walk up big-ass hill to work, 15+ minutes
>Show up sweaty
>Reverse to go home
>No way to stop on the way without second fare + lots more walking

By car:
>Get in car
>Drive short distance through absurd traffic and red lights everywhere, 10-15 minutes
>Arrive in $70/month parking structure
>Hunt for a spot, ~5 minutes
>Get out, ride slow ass elevator to ground level, walk to office, 2-3 minutes
>Drive out of garage to go home
>Deal with hellish street parking and extra walking if I need to stop anywhere on the way home

By bike:
>Get on bike, ride at a casual pace along sidestreets so fewer stops, 25-30 minutes
>park and lock at rack right next to office, 1 minute
>Leave work, unlock, ride home
>If I need to stop anywhere, roll up and lock up right out front

Obviously the car is slightly quicker and the gap increases with distance, but cycling is far more convenient, and it saves me money (vs bus pass or parking + gas expenses).
>>
>>15060795
Your post makes literally no sense. Improve your reading comprehension.
>>
commuting actual distances by bike is great for people that have no lives and their only hobby is riding a bike.
>>
>>15064576
probably the fact that you've never ridden a bike
>>
File: Capri Gas.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Capri Gas.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>15057176
Huh. The '81 doesn't have the box flares. I never noticed that.
>>
floor it
problem solved,
for fucks sake op ur a pussy
>>
>>15064760
All Fox Capri's do. That's just a terrible pic that doesn't make them very apparent.
>>
File: 1462004781134.jpg (154 KB, 347x358) Image search: [Google]
1462004781134.jpg
154 KB, 347x358
>>15064677
C'mon now pal, you can troll better than that!
>>
>>15065773
sorry i just cant imagine a 300 pound weeb riding a bike of any sort
>>
>>15057149
There are cycle lanes in NYC that are almost half of a lane on a two way street that is already incredibly narrow, so if you hit them on accident you are at fault, because if you're not driving in the bike lane you're driving into oncoming traffic

Thanks de Blasio, fucking proggy democrat faggot.
>>
>>15057121
because everyone is selfish and uncontentious
I'm sick on people pretending only one side is the problem
>>
>>15057750
I'll wait for you to provide an example as to how you make a what is basically a second sidewalk in congested cities, are you going to tear down buildings for it or what?
>>
>>15067379
Alright, we build a platform over the existing sidewalk and then make cyclists ride on that

Then they can finally achieve their dream of feeling like they have the moral high ground when riding a bicycle.

Alternatively, kick them the fuck off the roads and build an independent system of paths and bridges that integrates with public transit to give them easy routes to common destinations the bus doesn't reach.
>>
>>15064043
Was it some old cunt with brittle bones? I saw a nigga fall off his rascal and die
>>
>>15064612
What happens when it rains or snows
>>
>>15064017
This is what happens in the US.
t. American.

I have never had to wait more than 30 seconds to pass a cyclist, and I do so safely.
>>
>>15058364
>they're in the middle of the road
Just run the cunt down.

I've ran a couple down at a night when they were riding down the wrong way of a 1 way street with no lights or reflectors.
One of them is a vegetable now too. Potatobrain wasn't wearing a helmet.
>>
I don't get the problem. Cyclists ride in the shoulder. If the road doesn't have a shoulder it's quiet enough that you can just pass in the oncoming lane.

If you're dumb enough to drive in a city it should be legal for cyclists and pedestrians to shoot you.
>>
Some Say ... Motorbike Taxi in Bangkok is crazy
Yes ! It is .. unitl you try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZLXzWwbOo

Did you see this stupid cyclist ? ...
>>
>>15067452
I have

>there's a whole dedicated bike TRAIL, not a lane, it's even fenced off in parts, jesus fuck
>on the other side of the road
>wide enough for four cyclists to ride side by side
>cyclist insists of being on the road, with me
><15mph for >15 minutes
>turning around and yelling at me to give him more space, learn some patience, "going faster uses more gas", etc
>reach intersection
>blows through a red taking a right
>he didn't want to wait at the crosswalk?
>>
>>15067629
Why didn't you pass him?
>>
>>15067632
Because narrow road and incoming traffic. The trail just used to be an oversized shoulder. The bikes are supposed to go there because the road is too narrow for a bike lane.

The crosswalk signs for its access points even have pictures of cyclists instead of pedestrians, for christs sake.
>>
>>15067629
>turning around and yelling at me to give him more space, learn some patience, "going faster uses more gas", etc
sounds like an excuse for murder to me
>>
>mfw I revbomb cyclists on my obnoxiously loud sportsbike

I can respect cyclists if they ride responsibly and in a way that doesn't hold others up. If they're fucking around they're getting an earful of rev limiter

also

>tfw 19,000 rpm redline

car cucks will never know this feel
>>
File: stock.png (25 KB, 1158x1152) Image search: [Google]
stock.png
25 KB, 1158x1152
>>15062784
>stops traffic in all directions to let pedestrians through (diagonally if they want)
>It's a stupid idea to begin with

agree with you there esp when its done by a single pedestrian
but what's most stupid is that its necessary just to stop motorists from taking every opportunity to ignore and cut off pedestrians

I have seen time and again drivers ignore both pedestrian phases and give way laws regarding bicycles
on the justification that the people they should be giving way too take too much time to cross the road
and that the car will make it though before them anyway

>cyclists waiting at the light will roll through with the pedestrians- Every. Damn. Time.
would you prefer them to interfere with cars instead ?

-tldr
the law is a load of bs and has no bearing on the situation on the ground
in the real word practicality comes first and courtesy falls by the wayside

as to the people who will defend the law black and blue
it is only because they can use the law to their advantage and ignore it at their convenience
often those who follow the law only think within it and give up awareness of everything elce
>>
>cyclists are breaking the law by running reds and rolling through stop signs!

>drives everywhere at 15-20 over the limit and rolls through stop signs

Cager logic everyone
>>
>>15067735
Nobody cares about speed limits and stop signs, just reds.
>>
>>15067757
I usually care about stop signs when some bint on her phone rolls through one and almost ends my life on a tri-weekly basis
>>
>>15067735
why do you keep talking about cages? do you like being cuckolded or something?
>>
>>15067961
cager, as in cars. It's a motorcycle term
>>
File: 1429773120533.jpg (45 KB, 282x327) Image search: [Google]
1429773120533.jpg
45 KB, 282x327
>>15067984
ok cuck
>>
>>15068002
enjoy moving between your house box, car box and work box ad nauseum for the next 50 years

I'm fine being a cuck if I don't have to subscribe to that life model
>>
>>15068015

enjoy getting turned into paste by some oblivious bitch in a minivan on the interstate
>>
>>15068015
ok dude time to calm down with the cuckold references
>>
>>15058480
Only if you are a fat ass.

15 MPH is cruising/chill speed on my bike. If I feel the need for speed i can top out at 33 MPH.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>15068138
gee if you can go so fast why not just ride your bike everywhere? unless you're lying which you 100% are lmao
>>
>>15057121

>Why are bicyclists allowed to share the road with cars

Retarded and poorly thought regulations.
Here, when you take you driving classes you also learn specific rules for cyclists, but only there. So if you ride a bike, legally you only learn the road laws when you're at least 16, and that's assuming you're in for a drivers license.
Take my example, I was 7 or 8 years old when my mom was taking her license, and I entertained myself reading her road laws learning book. Started riding a bike regularly at 13, already knowing how to behave on the road: keep to the right, signal my turns, stop at red lights, give way to everyone not at a stop sign, etc.
I'm now 26 and still riding, and the only odd encounter I had was a couple of chavs in a riced seat ibiza that pulled over and tried to spit at me before storming off.
Btw I make sure to have my bike insured, it's around 50€/year for the moment.
>>
>>15066073
That's a bit lotta sass coming from the guy who actually cant do it don't you think
>>
>>15060529
realistically its more like 50% if you don't care about exerting your self or being covered in wind and sun burn
dawdling speed speed is 75% slower than a car
so the time is closer to 20 to 25 minutes even longer if there are hills

true what cycling costs most is time
then effort and food
and some days allot of water

>>15067433
you become a god
I've biked out in gale force winds with tree branches and entire trees moving to obstruct my path
one minute blown sideways 6 foot while leaning hard against the wind
then to have the wind dispensary and drift 3 foot in the opposite
>>
>>15069893
>I've biked out in gale force winds with tree branches and entire trees moving to obstruct my path
>one minute blown sideways 6 foot while leaning hard against the wind
>then to have the wind dispensary and drift 3 foot in the opposite
This just makes you sound stupid
>>
>>15057675
Hey, that's Montreal. They still ride in the street when there's lanes for them.
>"hurr, it's not against the law!"
>proceeds to run red light
>>
>>15070181
is it stupid to do the needful ?
I feel some will never know the pleasure of extremes and getting the job done no matter the cost
>>
>>15070370
Riding a bike isn't that fucking extreme faggot
>>
>>15070423
4u
pussy
>>
>>15067811
I mean vacant stop signs. If there are other people, you should stop. If not, check and roll. Only cops looking to generate revenue think you should stop in all cases. There's no actual reason to come to a complete stop. The safety of the action remains the same.

>>15068015
Transportation is transportation

Motorcycles aren't an exciting moment of freedom if you're just following the same route every day
>>
>>15058261
top of the keks, my car has 109db exhaust always rev that shit when going past fucking cyclists and scare the shit out of them.
>>
>>15057176
I've seen retards jogging in the bike lane when there is a sidewalk right there.
>>
File: rare mofugging pepe.jpg (61 KB, 831x560) Image search: [Google]
rare mofugging pepe.jpg
61 KB, 831x560
>>15070737
>but its a smoother surface and has better views than the foot path
>>
>>15070737
My legs feel a lot better jogging on asphalt than on concrete. It's a well-known situation for everyone that has ever exercised on both.
>>
>>15071343
Exercise is for fags just drive
>>
>>15070737
I've seen a nigga jog on the road while his bitch jogged on the sidewalk. Presumably he didn't want to jog behind her or jog on the grass berm
>>
>>15071359
>just drive to the gym
cardio is for fags
>>
>>15069547
>w-well if i cant do it no one can
really top shelf post dude
>>
>Cycle through a city for the first time in a decade
>Use bike lane when available, give people generous space if I ride on the sidewalk, go very slowly through people if it's crowded
>Don't ever jump in front of cars

I don't know why dickhead cyclists find this so difficult; maybe the spandex reduces blood flow to the brain.
>>
>>15059176
Have you ever ridden national park or old pac? Fucking cyclists 2 abreast around blind corners.
>>
>>15058261
Feels good to live in Beaufort! No testing, no problem.
>>
Solution to bicycle faggotry:
>Bicycles must be registered for road use
>Bicycles must be taxed for road use
>Licenses required to operate bicycles on the road
>Demerit points system just like a car license
>Where there is a bicycle lane riders MUST use it
>2 abreast laws need to be actually enforced
Hold them to the same standards as cars and motorbikes and you won't have a problem.
The difference is that any retard is allowed to ride a bicycle whilst testing and taking lessons are required to drive a car.
>>
File: 1462582667484.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462582667484.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>Cyclists believe they have the same rights as cars on the road
>Completely ignore red lights, stop signs, and general rules of the road
>>
>>15072498
And yet according to this thread people who drive cars can't pass slow moving objects safely.

But really, better education on both sides is the best solution.

>>15072542
Yes.
>>
File: this aint even the worst.jpg (152 KB, 966x1842) Image search: [Google]
this aint even the worst.jpg
152 KB, 966x1842
>>15062998
bike in kiwi land
have the misfortune of encountering a narrow rural 70 kph zone at night
I know its stupid to even attempt using the less than 6 inch stip of tarmac to the left of the white boundary line
especially given how damaged the surface is and that I had to cross multiple blind corners and crests
lucky I had bike lights and wide grass verges so I pretty much ride in the drainage ditches (slow going but more pleasant than it sounds)

where ever you encounter a blind crest or corner that does not have a ditch to help you past
you had better check for on coming traffic well before an attempt is made to pass that zone
how the peloton of Lycra fags ride is truly reckless

>>15059124
that picture is not to bad
but I say fuck traffic islands they waste everyone's space and cause accidents
a few pedestrians have been pinned to bollards on some of the more excessive ones
>>
File: 1457679494017.jpg (101 KB, 566x581) Image search: [Google]
1457679494017.jpg
101 KB, 566x581
>>15072542
fully licensed drivers cant pass a learners test and regularly ignore the law at their leisure

obeying the law as a bicyclist will get you killed quicker then not
better to be aware of the actual situation than be blinded by the law and assume some arrogant cunt gives a shit that you have RIGHT of way
>>
>Be me
>Live in Vancouver
>Almost everday almost hit some retard who goes barrelling through side streets on his fucking bike, not stopping for the stop sign, or even bothering to look both ways.

I don't mind people who cycle, I don't mind those who hand signal, and stop at stop signs and red lights, but it's those self-entitles pieces of shit who think they own the road. I don't even go fast down side streets, I do maybe 20kmh and I always slow down when approaching am intersection and somehow these faggots still find ways to hide behind parked cars or come up so fast I have almost literally no time to react but honk.

I was doing 50 down mainstream the other day and this guy on his bike was passing me, so the logic of "they can't possibly be going that fast" is out the window for all of you who were wanting to say it.
>>
>>15072968
Stop signs should all be replaced with yield signs or roundabouts desu, both for cars and cyclists.
>>
>>15073241
Even then it's easy enough for a cyclist to just swerve around and not have to slow down at all, same with motorcyclists and scooters. There's no real solution because saying "people are asshole; how do deal with?" doesn't really garner any real solution, just constant biased bickering over who's right and why everyone else isn't in their own personal opinion as to how to solve the matter.
Nice bait btw
>>
>>15073284
>Even then it's easy enough for a cyclist to just swerve around and not have to slow down at all, same with motorcyclists and scooters.
Why is this a problem? The point of roundabouts is that you don't have to stop or slow down significantly.
>>
File: 1453054913832.png (263 KB, 504x624) Image search: [Google]
1453054913832.png
263 KB, 504x624
>>15058480
>tfw when car guy and cyclist
>tfw when 20mph avg on rides
>>
File: peg.jpg (202 KB, 961x686) Image search: [Google]
peg.jpg
202 KB, 961x686
>>15072968
doing fine everything going as planed
suddenly catch up with car mid corner and its too late to brake
cant go on the inside because the tires are loosing traction as it is
end up passing a car on the outside at 50 mph while directly inbetween solid double in a 30 mph zome
oncomeing traffic occors
try and hold the lane split under full hosontal force

the diver I was passing noticed me and slowed down a little so I could go back
I've been denied my death-wish a few times already and also rejected it against my will
>>
>>15073293
>replacing stop signs with round abouts
>sees no problem with not needing to slowdown going through them

This is the same mentality I'm talking about when I say I hate it when cyclists, or people I'm general, don't follow the basic rules of the road. Only to complain when they get hit.
>>
>>15072186
quoting yourself isn't gonna forward the discussion though
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.