[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been thinking about starting a project car and really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: redsuns069.jpg (111 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
redsuns069.jpg
111 KB, 800x533
So I've been thinking about starting a project car and really been narrowing it down to a few different cars. I'm looking at doing either a 90's JDM import or a 60's/70's muscle car. They're drastically different from each other but realistically this is likely my only time in life to actually get a car and do a project seeing as I have the time and money to do one and in the future I'm only going to run out of both.

Of the muscle cars I'm really narrowed down to a 69/70 Mustang or a 72 Torino.

On the JDM side of the house I'd be looking at early gen Imprezas (possibly a 2.5RSTi build), an S14 240SX, or an FD (pic obviously related).

So for the FD, my understanding of the market is a lot of these cars that are available aren't really in need of a restoration per se, compared to the more beaters that are a base model Impreza. It seems for the most part that you buy an FD and it's still usually in pretty decent shape. So while there's not a lot to do, I know there are still tons of options in terms of increasing power and improving ride and handling, especially since the car received some updates and editions in Japan after the US sales ended with the 95 models.

So is there anyone here who can shed a little light on what an FD might be like as a project? While I personally think the Veilside Fortune for the FD is the best looking bodykit ever made, I can't see myself going that far with a build, especially seeing as the FD is the most turnkey option I've come up with so far. If anyone has any suggestions on a project, I'd also be interested in hearing them.
>>
File: 11092508234650768796608.jpg (281 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
11092508234650768796608.jpg
281 KB, 1200x800
I'm really partial to the way the Mach 1 looks, and since I'd be building the car for me and not for anyone else, I would have no problems with taking a different model and making it into a Mach 1 clone.
>>
File: 6217304775_30f6c6f887_b.jpg (655 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
6217304775_30f6c6f887_b.jpg
655 KB, 1024x676
I also think the 22B is a wicked sexy car and I think it would be neat to make a very similar clone to the real thing.

I've also thought about something like the 300ZX, but I don't really know enough about them to strongly consider them. I know from browsing here back in the day that the engine bay is super cramped and I guess difficult to work in.
>>
>>15043753
Because I'm so used to the WRX being a 4 door the 22b looks so weird
>>
>>15043753
I've driven a few of these not the real thing but swaps and they're ridiculously fun
>>
>>15043708
I would share my knowledge from four years of owning and daily driving an FD

BUT

>I think the veiled fortune for the FD is the best looking body kit ever made

So nah, go fuck yourself kid
>>
>>15045790
>get mom and dad to pay for the mechanic
>avoid camrys
Only knowledge you have to share
>>
>>15045882
what are you butthurt about today shitbox driver
>>
i love cock in my mouth
>>
>>15045934
stay mad poorfag
>>
>While I personally think the Veilside Fortune for the FD is the best looking bodykit ever made

Get out.
>>
Fds. Where to start. If you buy a running one around here it will cost you 20k and still be beat up or modded, usually in ways you dont want. If you buy the cheap one it will need at the minimal a rebuild possibly a full engine overhaul or replacement. And still cost 10k. If thats cash you can drop on a project car go ahead as ling as you arent going to mess it up. If your looking for a cheaper rotary project go with an fc or fb. I got a na fc and im happy with it to scratch that rotary itch. Last project car was a turbo so im looking forward to some na goodness.
>>
Oh god did I mention how much I love cocks?
>>
>>15043708
>Veilside Fortune
But the RE Amemiya is the objectively best bodykit for the FD.
>>
>>15043708
>US model FD
Wait until you're allowed to import a model that isn't shit. US ones are riced out, so really you'd want to import a 99+ model for the engine improvements, less wear and superior right-hand drive.
I'm not just memeing on you with the right-hand drive either; they didn't bother to reverse the layout of the gearstick and handbrake on the US model meaning the handbrake is right next to the passenger seat.
>>
>>15048749
What difference does it make we meme ls swap them anyways
>>
>>15049500
Because the twin-turbo rotary is good and makes the car unique, otherwise you might as well just get an S13.
>>
>>15049511
Don't a lot of people single-turbo RX7s?
>>
>>15049522
Yes and that's what you should do, but a stock 13B-REW is still better than ls swapping it like a pleb.
http://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/making-case-rotary-powered-fd-fix-806104/ is an interesting read for single-turbo
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.