[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a kawasaki zx12r for my first bike how fucked am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: $_86.jpg (155 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
155 KB, 1024x576
>pic related
I'm 18, have ridden a 125cc once
no license, no insurance and no will to live
this will be the most expensive suicide
>>
Say hi to the skid demon for me
>>
how'd you get the money?
>>
eh you'll grow into it
>>
You're probably going to die, but it's cooler to die young on a motorcycle than it is when you're just old and surrounded by your family.
>>
File: skid demon.jpg (2 MB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
skid demon.jpg
2 MB, 1365x2048
>>15020525
rip OP
>>
Please go soothingly on the grease mud, as their lies the slide demon
>>
>>15020525
>inb4 'haha guy's it's fine if u b carful an respkt it' and then you end up a smear of tomato paste on the news
>>
>>15020525
It's easier to use than MotoGP class 1000 cc bikes and probably even than 600. Anyway, you getting hurrt is one thing, but what did the bike do to deserve it?
>>
File: Reggie the madman.jpg (668 KB, 592x1988) Image search: [Google]
Reggie the madman.jpg
668 KB, 592x1988
>>15020525
>>
>>15020525
Get some lessons. It will be worth it.
As long as you're properly careful and spend some time just working on being SMOOTH with the throttle and practicing how to brake and turn properly you will be fine if you stay within your limits.

The zx12r is an insanely fast bike but if you just short-shift and keep the revs down (under 5000 as a MAXIMUM), not use too much throttle and go easy with the clutch the most challenging thing will probably be managing the bikes heavy weight.

DON'T EVEN THINK OF GOING FULL THROTTLE IN 1ST OR EVEN 2ND GEAR
>>
>>15024348
Throttle is what always bites newbs in the ass, that and your first few turns
>>
>>15022473
Its skid demon you faggot
>>
>>15020525

R.I.P
>>
>>15020525
post vids of you falling off after you go over a pothole and accidentally redline in 2nd gear and go flying into the opposing lane and get hit by an oncoming truck
>>
>>15025955
>Accidentally redline
Lol.
>>
>>15025961
>laughing at my exagerations

i'll wipe u out nerd
>>
>>15022429
OP here
I forgot other boards are slow
I went into my generous student overdraft and almost maxed it out
>>15022439
that's been my plan for years senpai, but now its in my grandparents garage it scares me>>15024348
I'd love to do some lessons but I live in the UK
and I'm technically not allowed to ride it until I'm 25 or 21 with progressive access
>>15025928
F
>>
File: Capture.png (608 KB, 479x628) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
608 KB, 479x628
I haven't ridden it
had I seen it IRL I wouldn't have bought it
it cost me £1900 plus £100 delivery
I've wanted to an hero for about 2 fucking years and now it's right here but It scares the shit out of me, my parents think I bought a 125 and so does everyone else, I'm fucked in every orifice when people find out I spent all the money I had (and didn't have) to buy this terrifying beast
I'd much rather have a smaller bike
so I need to sell it but I have to declare myself the owner of something I cant ride which will probably get me a visit from the cops or something
I haven't gotten any protective clothing yet
I'm close to maxing my overdraft
I haven't payed my parents rent in months and they're getting mad because they found out I bought a '125'
I don't have a job yet to pay back my debt
should I just fucking an hero right now
by the way. if anyone wants this bike and lives in the UK, you can buy it from me before I trash it or hang myself out of shame.
sorry that got so dark,
it's just a really bad fucking idea
>inb4 english swat team come and arrest me
>>
>>15027805
You won't get in any trouble at all having the V5 of it in your name.

I've owned various cars and bikes I've not had the licences for at the time.

Get the V5, sell the bike, get a two stroke 125.
>>
>>15027805
Just fucking ride the thing if your that close an hero. It will either kill you or make you realise that life is worth living.

Ride it for 2 weeks, sell it, get a job, buy a 125
>>
>>15024288
Dat poor Thunderbird....
>>
> Rest in pieces... literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-NN62bNfk
>>
You won't die so long as you respect and fear the machine.

go find a large open piece of pavement and practice with small throttle inputs.
>>
>>15024288
>two boomers crashing

good.
>>
>>15029799
Respect will keep you alive, fear will kill you
>>
>>15029799
>>15029840
>respekt da biek and yool b fine

He'll respect the bike, right up until he doesn't.

Once you're going and you're like "it's not so bad" and you start to get really confident it's oh-so easy to get in above your head, especially on a ZX-12R.

Given half the chance he'll get up to 100+mph, shit bricks at how fast he's going, then panic when he realises he needs to slow down to like 30 but doesn't have the space to do so and then proceeds to crash into a bus

"Respect the bike" is just a cop-out for justifying buying a bike that isn't appropriate for your skill level.
>>
>>15020525
I either don't believe you OP, or ur ded. Like so ded. Get lessons, lots of them.
>>
File: wnAX1DB.jpg (54 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
wnAX1DB.jpg
54 KB, 720x720
>>15020525
Read this OP and you'll be fine.
>>
File: raimu.png (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
raimu.png
56 KB, 500x500
>>15027805

I really hope you didn't buy that because of Bakuon, goyim.
>>
>>15031538
Yes, I also bought a matching skirt.
>>
>>15031544

Carry on then, britbong.
>>
>>15031544
LONDON
>>
>>15027805
How much do you want for it? I'm in the UK and I can collect.
>>
File: P1040379-min.jpg (574 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
P1040379-min.jpg
574 KB, 4000x3000
>>15027846
good advice
>>15024288
hahahah >:((
>>15027840
low speed handling and the throttle is what I'm worried about
>>15029799
yeah people in the US who are insured and everything say that
but I have more to loose
the second I hit something and someone notices I'll be in trouble with the police
my original plan was to tame a 600cc
I want to enjoy it but I don't want to hurt myself
dying is ok, being paralysed or less is not
I'm scared to even drop the bike in case it scratches the fairing and lowers the resale
>>15031184
>Once you're going and you're like "it's not so bad" and you start to get really confident it's oh-so easy to get in above your head, especially on a ZX-12R.
yeah I just tried revving it in the garage when my grandparents were out and I couldn't get it past 3000 revs because it was so fucking loud
I want to enjoy the acceleration. but the fastest thing I've ever been in was a modded shitty ford focus which did 0-60 in 7ish seconds
I am going to probably change the exhaust back to the original since I plan on going out at night, but even idling is fucking loud

>>15031465
I can't because I can't legally ride it
>>15031481
good advice
>>15031538
no I'm not a weeb, I bought it because I'm autistic as fuck and I've been jerking off to the fact it was the fastest bike in the world until 2006
>>15031566
just trace the IP if you want to arrest me mr police man
try and find a safe way for us to communicate, because I dont want to make a new email address

I had a try with the clutch indoors and it seems easy enough moving off, not jerky like I expected, mainly because a 125 needs to be revved to 3000 before you move off and this will idle at like 8-10mph
it fills the room with fumes pretty quickly
I am feeling pretty bipolar about it, I'll buy my helmet and gloves and have a go this weekend when my parents leave
motorways or country roads?
>>
>>15032718
Do you genuinely want to kill yourself then?

I'm telling you now you will die on this bike, you have absolutely no idea what it is like driving any motorcycle, let alone a 1200. You'll probably rip the front brake around a corner, target fixate on something, drop down a gear too soon. All sorts of shit will get you from 100-dead on this bike.

If you wanna kill yourself then go for it man, but if there's anything in you that wants to live I wouldn't do it. Considering you're going to buy a helmet I doubt you wish to die.

Honestly mate, sell it.
>>
>>15027805
Why are you so depressed faggot

Get a job (hurr just get 1 its so ez lmao), and pay your parents whatever rent they want or move out into your own place somewhere as long as it has a garage or secure parking lot to store a bike.

I'm so fucking jelly of you that you have this bike. I saw a ZX10R yesterday and it's the most beautiful bike there is.

I beg you don't sell it f a m. Keep the bike and learn to ride it, learn to tame it and cherish it.

As for the depression ting, I know how you feel. I go thru ups and downs and I know how overwhelming it can be when you feel like a complete hopeless faggot loser and there seems to be no way out.

But whatever you do please don't sell that bike.

Make it your primary objective to master it, and get a job asap as to not get your parents too mad since you're coming off like they want to kick you out.

I mean damn just looking at that pic is getting me excited and I'm not even into bikes. There's no way in hell i'd get rid of that.
>>
>>15032718
dude im the king of making what seem like totally irresponsible decisions

use this as an opertunity!!!! take it outside at night and learn how to ride it up and down the street

also use it to commute to work in the summer time

DONT TELL ANYONE ITS WHAT IT IS

FUCKING LIE AND SAY ITS A 125 NORMIES ARE FUCKING STUPID AND WONT KNOW

just man up get on it and take it really really slow for a few months till you really get a feel for what horrors this bike is capable of
>>
>>15032762
Also get the fucking license required for it so you don't end up in shit with the faggot police and they don't nick the bike off you.
If I had the resources to buy a ZX12R, or a sports car, or anything this fast, I would do a 180 in my life and dedicate everything I have to learning how to ride it and take care of it.
>>
>>15032767
This is good advice too.

Don't listen to any of the cucks on here telling you to sell it.
Don't be afraid of it.
Trust me, if you sell this bike you will regret the entire experience even more and it'll make you even more depressed and feeling like utter shit.

Get on the bike and learn to ride it, really slowly and cautiously at first.
You won't die, you won't crash, be smart and don't be scared of it.
>>
>>15032806
this is pretty much how i fealt going from a car that was sub 180hp to an evo thats like 500

just be very careful and understand that you arnt really living if you dont have the power to take your own life into your hands and your closer than ever to that at this moment
>>
>>15032820
I just hope he gets the license and insurance required.

Getting this bike isn't stupid, but not having the legal right to own it/ride it on the street is.

By the way OP, if you live in London you can give me the bike for free, I'll hold onto it for you :)
>>
File: $_86 (2).jpg (124 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
$_86 (2).jpg
124 KB, 1024x576
>>15032758
I've been depressed a long time and planned the bike suicide on my 18th birthday last august
I have come very close but now I want to have some fun and accept the large risk of dying, I wont impress anyone dying this way, I might even make it into the news haha, but I just dont want to get caught, I bought a helmet because I dont want bugs in my eyes and it attracts WAYY too much attention even at night to ride without one, I know this isn't a lowkey bike but I'm trying not to get people asking or get pulled over because that's game over
>>15032762
I will redo my CBT this weekend, spending my very last shekels then apply for a moped pizza delivery job next week
I need to get a cover to hide it too, I currently am the only one with keys to the garage but they want copies of the keys
this friday is my last exam then I'm free to do all the working and dying that I want until september
my parents will stop being annoyed when I get a job
I can't fool anyone into thinking its a 125 lol
my family dont really know the rules until I half told them
I love you Inu
>>15032767
I have a greentext for the shit I did in amsterdam this year which is unrelated, I sortof took away that spending £3k on computers doesnt impress anyone, but wasting money and doing crazy shit makes for great memories and good stories
>>15032790
this is the third time I've said it
I can't get the license required
when I'm 19 in a few months I can get a 47hp bike or restrict it but it can't be more than double 47hp (fuck the UK seriously)
I want to be legal and do things the right way but it's just not possible with this
I'm just hoping to get more experience riding (in traffic especially) with a delivery job
my helmet and gloves are coming monday at the latest. sorry I dont have more pictures I just went over there for that single photo
I keep deleting them because I dont want family to see but I have some pictures someone else took for the listing
thanks br/o/s
>>
File: $_86 (1).jpg (155 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
$_86 (1).jpg
155 KB, 1024x576
>>15032806
>Get on the bike and learn to ride it, really slowly and cautiously at first.
>You won't die, you won't crash, be smart and don't be scared of it.
>>15032820
telling me what I want to hear, good
I accept the risk but I want to have fun more than I want to die
>>
>>15024288

any video on this?

i'd love to hear the noises of pain
>>
>>15032882
then get a job and save up for riding gear, then take it out at night and dont stop when a cop tries to pull you over dont show a plate

living in the USA i drove for like a solid year without any license or insurance
>>
>>15032878
Ye m8 tell the cunts at the pizza delivery job you have a ZX12R, they should give it to you in an instant and you'll be making what, 7 an hour riding a bike for fun from house to house?
Do it overtime if they offer extra cash too.

Shit man I'm already jelly as fuck.
What does it take to get a CBT? how much do they cost?
I have a provisional license but I have no bike. I feel like delivery pizza would be a cool as fuck and chill job.

Oh yeah and about the fucking license... I didn't even think of that. Automatically assumed that you can ride whatever bike you can at 18.
>you must be 21 to hold a full, unrestricted A licence. However, at this age you can only take the test if you have held an A2 licence for two years or more.

Holy shit what a joke.

>>15032934
Not sure if he would get away with that in the UK.
Even if you have a 1.2 liter 4 cyl super-superbike, if he lives anywhere near london or in a big city, the roads are so tight in most places it'll be near-impossible to do that.

But OP if you have the balls, and you want to live life like a madman, then go ahead. Full respect to you if you do so.

Remember, if you get away with it, it never happened :^)
>>
File: $_57 (5).jpg (201 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (5).jpg
201 KB, 1600x1200
>>15032942>>15032942
>Ye m8 tell the cunts at the pizza delivery job you have a ZX12R
lol
they provide the bike, either a 50cc or a geared 125>>15032934
should I take the plate fully off or just modify the letters with electrical tape to not attract attention from any civilians I see
being pulled by a cop on the motorway is gonna be weird/great
I either die which is what I sortof wanted
otherwise I outrun the cops and feel awesome
hey maybe I can get on TV too

>d be a cool as fuck and chill job.
yes perfect amount of human contact for an autist like me
my CBT costs £110 because I have no 125cc or clothing, but it can be cheaper
the roads are not long, smooth straight and empty like in the USA (love you guys, if I ever make it out alive or without getting caught I hope to work there as an aeronautical engineer)
the UK sucks in comparison. but like I said, I live right next to the countryside where there are fewer cops. but they aren't straight roads. so I might get caught off when taking the twisties
>this is the bike I originally wanted
by the way, just incase you had forgotten how powerful the bike was
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_zx-12r_2000.php
STOCK (restricted)

Top Speed
ZX-12R - 185.6mph

1/4 Mile
ZX-12R - 9.95 @ 144.4mph

Horsepower/Torque
ZX-12R - 159.8rwhp @ 10,250rpm / 91.4ft lbs @ 7,750rpm

60-120mph
ZX-12R - 4.56

0-150mph
ZX-12R - 12.76
0-1000m
ZX-12R - 18.5 @ 174.8mph

so yeaaaah
this is the last bike I will ever ride haha
>>
Honestly? Sell it, get something more appropriate, rediscover the fun of life by riding a bike and get your goddamn fucking license

You'll make literally every Bike rider ashamed with your bike suicide shit and it will all boil down to "Hurr Durr Bikes are for suicidal maniacs because this retard here who crashed into 500 muslim school children proved it by murdering all of them"
>>
>>15033163
More than anything, that bike didn't deserve to get murdered for no reason.
>>
>>15033146
just take that shit off, if you wreak just ditch it, also if you get caught consider it gone
>>
>>15020525
Congratulations on your purchase! Now enjoy being yet another slow-as-shit rider on a fast-as-fuck bike.
>>
>>15033146
do it

you're a legend if you do so

don't crash and die, i'm talking about raging cops and becoming a good rider
>>
>>15033146
>1200cc and still makes less horsepower than the S1000RR

B M W is K I N G
M
W
>>
>>15033298
it is a 16 year old bike you know
and it only cost £2000
>>
Do you plan to an hero?
I'm kinda jelly. I really want to take a full license but I just don't have the time.
Plus I kinda feel safe inside a car.
>>
It's kind of a stupid bike. It's going to be big and heavy for no reason.

IMHO sport bikes should be light as possible, there's no reason for a 1.2L bike when a zx6r or ninja 650 would be lighter and still faster than a Corvette...
>>
>>15033478
>ninja 650
It's not even a motorsport certified sportbike (and neither is ZX-12).
>>
>>15032878
>tfw having suicidal thoughts everytime Im alone in my apartment
>tfw bought a 1300cc super sport to cheer myself up
>tfw i realized after the fact that my subconscious is making decisions that promote my early expiration
>>
>>15033478
>durr hurr all bikes should be as lightweight and track oriented as possible
Have you ever actually slung your leg over a big sportbike/sport tourer? It's a totally different animal than a 600 supersport or literbike, it's definitely a better bike for the street.

Source: I've been riding 600 supersports for the past 8 years now and still have one as my track bike, on the streets my Honda Blackbird is preferable.
>>
If you really want to an hero, take it to a mechanic so it's good to go, pack your bags, get 1000£ in cash and go explore Europe, you will have a lot of fun and probably die from fast.

If you don't die just go to norway/sweden and drive off a cliff, badass way to die, one anon here did it.
>>
File: $_86 (5).jpg (69 KB, 583x800) Image search: [Google]
$_86 (5).jpg
69 KB, 583x800
>>15033462
if you live in the UK you might be lucky enough to find one in a ditch somewhere
>>15033478
the zx6r is what I wanted and it weighs 175kg dry rather than 215
a 600 is plenty fast enough for me to kill myself
the zx6r I wanted was cheaper and went up to 164mph
>>15033518
it's better to live the last year of your miserable life than die having never done anything crazy
>>15033613
it has 12 months MOT it's completely roadworthy and I wanted to go around yurop where the roads are straighter and emptier
the challenge is passing though the port without being pulled over for 'random' inspection, they will check my luggage but they might ask more questions about whether I have a license or insurance which im scared of, I wanted to go to amsterdam to visit my ex psuedo e-gf and then go around france camping and visiting family until I get to the alps or something.
it takes a lot of money, but I want to save up for it, when I go for a ride this weekend I'll know whether I can make it across to yurop
It was risky on a 600, but maybe it is possible to tame it, take minimal clothing and stuff and achieve my dreams before dying
I'm currently £1300/1500 into my overdraft
so hopefully I can apply for a job and make it happen. keep it a secret from my senpai and leave
I was scared but I feel in control
Its great in some way
>>
>>15033911
Ok, so you have a goal and a dream you should and could work for

Just don't

a) wreck a perfectly good bike
b) keep the zx12r

do everyone a favor, sell it, get something you wouldn't instantly murder yourself and other people who still have a life to look forward for on and get a fucking license
>>
>>15034350
Eh, if he's not doing it with this bike it will lose the symbolic value. Or rather, would go against fate since he bought this bike randomly so this is what he was meant to ride.
>>
>>15020525
I learned how to do the throttle thingy in youtube, once you learn how to do it smootly, everything is going to be easy peasy.the last thing you need is your bike shutting down cus you failed to do it properly.
>driving bike in Mexico
yeah in here is pretty much suicidal
>>
>>15020525
I'm actually 18 about to buy my first motorcycle. I don't want anything to fast or flashy since I am inexperienced. Any suggestions /o/?
>>
File: wanderlust1.jpg (29 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
wanderlust1.jpg
29 KB, 720x540
>>15020525
whats her name, OP? mine´s Wanderlust.
Is the only thing I can ride nowadays
>>
>>15020525
You'll be alright just don't go crazy with the throttle at first.
>>
>>15027489

You're in the UK.

Lessons are legally mandated for you to get a license.

You bought a bike you can't ride until you're 25. And a widwomaker of a bike at that.

The fuck is wrong with you, you absolute cretin? Who sold this to you!?

I'm calling bait.
>>
>>15033613
>go to norway/sweden and drive off a cliff, badass way to die, one anon here did it.
seriously? source?
>>
>>15034757
Wait until 19 or 21 or whatever year and get a cb600r or something
>>
>>15034503
>would go against fate

I like you

seriously though OP. >>15034350
>dont wreck a perfectly good bike
>>
>>15034757
Cheap learner bike then anything not a litre supersport after.
>>
OP, before you go on your "weekend bike ride" or whatever suicidal maniac stuff you have planned

Please do tell us where beforehand so we can avoid driving there and can check for any accidents that happened there in the 24 hours after your last post to make sure you're dead
>>
>>15033911

why are you so depressed for in the first place ?
>>
>>15035316

here in Poland my neighbour just sold a car to a 13 year old
>>
>>15039709
Don't say it like it's something to be proud of. Well, actually it's not like you can't OWN something if you're 18 if you paid for it, but riding it on public roads is a different matter.
>>
When you are in first make sure you slam on the throttle to take off or else it will stall so just pull in the throttle all the way
>>
>>15039709
Speaking of Poland, is the 2nd hand bike market there nice? Nicer than in Germany? I'm like 1 1/2h away from Kosztrin so I sometimes drive to buy superior polish supermarket stuff (meat has higher quality, no joke).
>>
Either sell it or wait until you're old enough to get your license. If your parents or grandparents see it then just own up to your stupid purchase. It's not like they can do anything about it at this point, you've already got the damn thing. I've got a silver 2006 ZX-14 and it's a fantastic bike. If you took the time to learn how to drive yours I'm sure you'd love it.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.