[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a huge fan of camping at the beach. I've two kiddos,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: twktftrml0welm6e2ya2.jpg (52 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
twktftrml0welm6e2ya2.jpg
52 KB, 620x400
I'm a huge fan of camping at the beach. I've two kiddos, and we tried camping out of the SUV and it just wasn't fun. What's the best vehicle out there for sleeping in it? Was thinking of buying a truck, and a teardrop camper, but that still might be too small. I don't need all the fancy gizmos that come with a trailer camper, I just need a king size bed (or two queens, maybe one queen might cut it...)
>>
Are you such a big fan of camping at a beach if you can't even do it in a tent without getting uncomfortable?
>>
>>15019569
>having kids
You dun goofed
>>
>>15019595
This anon don't be such a pussy.
>>
>>
>>15019595

No, but last time we didn't even get there till 3AM, the wind was blowing uncontrollably, and wrestling with a tent, in the night without a flashlight, while you're so tired it just bologna. Mind you, this was my first time putting up a tent in sand, and I don't think I came fully prepared (I'm still trying to learn the ropes of "How to be prepared for camping 101").
>>
It really comes down to the kind of weather, the length of stay, and the actual amount of comfort you want.

Good weather permitting I'd just get a huge tent for the beach.

If you want to sit your happy ass on a mountainside for a week in shit weather, a solid truck with a canopy and a short box shaped trailer would afford you a queen and likely a couch/table that folds into a second bed. It will afford you much more versatile camping than a behemoth 30' trailer at less cost at least. Super small and lightweight trailers aren't really ideal for family camping and enjoying it at all.
>>
File: 1448652177400.jpg (59 KB, 507x507) Image search: [Google]
1448652177400.jpg
59 KB, 507x507
>>15019676
>trailer
>camping
It ain't camping if you have a fucking TV to watch and a fucking shitter to sit on, you spoiled dipshits.
>>
>>15019690
>there's only one type of camping and it's the kind i do

also not all trailers have tvs and toilets you fucking invalid
>>
>>15019569
There's not a large enough demographic of morons like you - who claim to love non-camper camping but can't enjoy it without a king size bed - for you to purchase what you want.
>>
File: 2184-jay-flight-32rlds-interior.jpg (267 KB, 1800x900) Image search: [Google]
2184-jay-flight-32rlds-interior.jpg
267 KB, 1800x900
>>15019690
>not having the funds to camp for weeks to months at a time
>being so insecure that you feel the need to camp in discomfort to feel better about yourself

bonus points if you own the land and can have your shit set up year round.
>>
File: 1974-vw-westy-camper-bus.jpg (84 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1974-vw-westy-camper-bus.jpg
84 KB, 600x400
>>15019569
Volkswagen Campmobile Westfalia Type II deluxe edition.

can find a nice one under 10k. Easy and cheap as fuck to work on
>>
File: popupext.jpg (94 KB, 800x361) Image search: [Google]
popupext.jpg
94 KB, 800x361
>>15019569
I believe most pop up campers have two beds, plus its easy to tow
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.