[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sporty Crossover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
My woman is dumping her 06 Milan after paying it off for something small and AWD. She hates boxes, such as jeeps or soul/scion/cube(FWD i know), and loves the sportiness of the Juke and CX-5. The Mazda is my pic overall, and we test drove one with pretty much perfect results. The Juke is her favorite, but seems a bit small on the inside, especially side arm room. We test drove an Escape, Santa-Fe, Equinox, CR-V(a bit too boring and boxy), and Rogue, with approval ratings in that exact order, with the Rogue's CVT and rough ride placing it out of contention basically.

Plans are to continue driving a few more such as a Rav4, Venza, Crosstour, Sportage/tuscon, Impreza Wagon, Buick Encore, and possibly GMC Terrain. Turbo is good, but premium can be a deal breaker. Looking for around 2012-13 and right around 20K$ CPO.

Anything im missing? We're staying away from anything European for maintenance costs. while reliability and safety are the priorities, economy and overall speed are not.
Thoughts on the segment overall? It's a growing market, but the HR-Z is just out of our price range and would be ideal.
>>
>>15019096
Maybe a Ford EDGE from around 2011-2013? I think they have a SPORT trim as well if I recall.
>>
Crossovers really aren't marketed to be 'sporty'.
You're gonna get all of everything (Car, Truck, SUV, high seating, etc.) all rolled into one package without a focus on 'sportiness'.
>>
>>15019096
>Buick Encore
literally an Opel Mokka
>>
>>15019096
>Sporty Crossover
There was only one sporty crossover to date, and they don't sell it any more. Pic related. the only performance CUV to my knowledge, the Saturn Vue Redline. AWD, and powered by a reliable 250 HP Honda J35 3.5L V6
The crossover market is complete shit. Your woman is a few french fries short of a happy meal.
>>
File: 640_paul_walker_see_you_again.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
640_paul_walker_see_you_again.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
Macan Turbo
>>
>>15019096
Used Volvo xc60/70
>>
>>15019096
"The juke is her favorite"
Stopped reading right there, dump that twat and date someone with functional eyeballs.
>>
>>15019756

>lol dump ur gf bcoz she has different tastes!11

Go outside sometime
>>
>>15019848
Didnt know you would get so defensive about her autism, my bad.
>>
I saw some kind of Ford crossover today and it said on the back
>Ecosport
I'm going to guess it's neither.
>>
>>15019096
All the reviewers I know say the Mazda is the best by far.
>>
>>15019139
BMW still makes those ridiculous M crossovers.
>>
>>15019102
Seconding this Ford Edge is pure sex.
>>
>>15020089
>crossover
>pure sex
Gooby pls. All crossovers are shit.
>>
>>15020076
They still make those things? Who the fuck buys them? That's retard-level shit.
>>
>>15019096
Just tell her to get this.
>>
>>15020106
They sell really well, apparently. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
File: porsche-cayenne-08.jpg (176 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
porsche-cayenne-08.jpg
176 KB, 1200x800
>sporty crossover

your only options are the porsche cayenne or porsche macan

maybe, MAYBE the cx-3
get a used one and get an aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty for $4k
>>
File: 1462155634197.jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1462155634197.jpg
6 KB, 225x224
>>15019096
Not OP, but sorry for hijacking the thread.

My mom's Nissan Rogue got totaled, and she wants another crossover. Only catch it since I moved back in with her, I'm going to be driving it a lot so I get a say in the vehicle.

Since I do a lot of hauling of guns, bows, clay throwers, fishing equipment, kayaks, etc. For that, we were looking at the Honda HR-V since the seats fold in a billion ways. We were also considering the Ford Escape since that's more of an SUV.
>>
File: 2016-suzuki-vitara-s.jpg (128 KB, 570x378) Image search: [Google]
2016-suzuki-vitara-s.jpg
128 KB, 570x378
Like it was said, crossovers in general are bloated sluggish hatchbacks on stills. If you had yhe money you could go for evoque and macan, they have good engines and handling, but cost as much as a decent flat.
I dunno if you in murica have suzukis, but picrelated is a brilliant motherfucker.
Shame plebs dont appreciate glorious suzi much and chooseuh quashqai and other shitfests over it.
>>
>I'm assuming OP is American

Plus if you're test-driving all these new cars, I'm guessing you're planning to buy it brand new out of the dealership, in which case why would you have to worry about maintence costs of European cars? Don't most manufacturers give a warranty for atleast 3 years? Plus if you're buying a brand new SUV out of dealership, I doubt you plan on keeping it for more than 2-5 years so I don't know why you're worried about maintence unless you're buying slightly used.

All those SUV's you listed I've either never heard of because I'm European or they're complete fucking trash like the Juke or most Nissan SUV's which are boring asfuck on the inside.

>If you're American, I would really just buy an American SUV like the new Escalade, or even a truck. Dream cars right there, wish I lived in America so I could own one of them.
>>
>>15020236
Suzuki sadly pulled out of the burger market years ago.
>>
File: large.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>15020274
Damn shame... Their new 1.4 turbo is great and I realy like their simple no bullshit understated styling.
>tfw new swift sport in 2017 with motherfucking turbocharged 140hp and 230 nm
>>
>>15020291
It's one of the few occasions that I don't envy burgers, for sure. Suzuki is based as fuck.
>>
>>15020203
Just get a hatchback faggot.
>>
>>15020323
She won't get a hatchback, you dumb nigger.

It's not my money, and while I'll be driving it, it's not my car.
>>
>>15020356
Buy your own car then. Let her buy whatever shitbox she wants.
>>
>>15020363
I already have a car, but it's nearly 3000 miles away on the opposite side of the country.
>>
>>15019096
Subaru Forester and Subaru Crosstrek should be on the list. If you don't mind going right up to $20k you should be able to pick up a brand new Impreza hatch for that. Same with the HRV, you should be able to get one for around $20-21k.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.