[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cars VS. Trucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 15FordF150_01.jpg (1 MB, 4056x2692) Image search: [Google]
15FordF150_01.jpg
1 MB, 4056x2692
I'm curious to see /o/'s opinion on this.

Some things I've heard over the years:

>Trucks are more useful
>Trucks last longer because they are built to haul their own weight and cargo as well, therefore the drivetrain is tougher.
>Trucks are much better off road(this one is pretty fucking obvious but there's always one person who thinks a Forester can climb Everest)
>Trucks and SUVs are safer than smaller cars
>>
>>15014742
My literbike has seen more dirt than most of these fucking lifted trucks/jeeps i see.
>>
>>15014756
Yeah I can't stand the mall crawlers. Luckily most people in my area actually use their trucks and suvs
>>
Personally, people are telling me to get a truck for my back problems because of the way they ride. I haven't driven any so far, but I don't feel comfortable driving a giant full-sized truck. But at the same time, I can't get in and out of sedans.

Is it true that trucks ride better? Not workhorse trucks, but premium models like an F-150 King Ranch, GMC Sierra Denali, etc.
>>
>>15014742
I'm getting so sick of crew cab short bed "trucks" I might start slashing their tires
>>
>>15014804
autism
>>
>>15014781
I had an 02' Toyota Sequoia and that thing had ridiculously smooth suspension.

I think most trucks/suvs have better suspension. also their extra weight makes them ride better imo

Maybe something like a Tacoma would feel less massive?
>>
>>15014804
>I might start slashing their tires
If you've never had to patch a truck tire you wouldn't know how fucking hard it is to puncture one.
>>
>>15014781
Still not as smooth as a luxury car
>>
>>15014821
That's another thing I'm considering, but the only issue with my back I have difficulties getting in and out of low-riding sedans and luxobarges.

>>15014815
Possibly, I've heard good things about the Tacoma's soft ride. Truck purists get pissy because it has an I-4 and 150 hp, but that's not really a bother for me. I was also considering the GMC Canyon if I wanted a midsized truck.
>>
>>15014835
Well you can get it with a V6 and that's what everyone will tell you to get. iirc the fuel consumption isn't much better with the 4cyl
>>
>>15014804
I wonder where we can find the edgy teenager...

>>15014781
If your only issue is getting in and out of a sedan, maybe get an SUV. My grandpa just got an equinox because his buick was too hard to get into. The seat even slides back when you turn the car off for easy in/out.

>>15014742
I think the lasting longer part also relates to the fact that they are bigger and therefore the parts aren't spinning as fast to go the same speed. That and potholes are relatively smaller.
>>
>>15014880
That too was another consideration. I had my eyes on a few, but I find it strange buying an SUV when I'm just going to be driving myself most of the time.
>>
>>15014835
The Canyon rides much nicer and gets better mileage. The only only reasons to go Tacoma are resale and offroading.
>>
>>15014906
Look at the Buick Encore.

It's not huge and fat, the interior is nice, it rides nice, and it's super easy to get into.
>>
File: brodozer.jpg (195 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
brodozer.jpg
195 KB, 600x390
>>15014742
Everything you say is correct but barely anyone uses them for those reasons except the safety shit.

Pic related
>gay parade float
>bro dozer
>Pavement princess
>>
>>15014917
I was actually really looking into that. They seem to be slightly updating it for the 2017 model, and it's pretty highly-rated and a LOT cheaper than a Mercedes, Lincoln, or most comfy trucks.

>>15014908
The interior looked a lot more plush, and it's offered with a deisel.

Well, I guess the only thing I can do right now is just test drive them and see what I like and what's comfy for me. I've noticed what some people find comfy for them is awful for me.
>>
>>15014781
Trim has nothing to do with it, unless you get a specific suspension package. If you need a truck for how it rides, definitely get a GM. That way you can haul things, and it feels like an SUV
>>
>>15014742
Minivans are safer than trucks or SUVs for the record
>>
>>15015033
not if you catch herpes in the back of it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.