[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I intend to purchase my first vehicle soon. I am leaning more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: superduty-389x260.jpg (43 KB, 389x260) Image search: [Google]
superduty-389x260.jpg
43 KB, 389x260
I intend to purchase my first vehicle soon. I am leaning more toward a truck. I really want a nice sound system, preferably something used. Any recommendations? I want to stay away from the Japanese vehicles.
>>
A technics system would fit the used (and retro) qualifiers whilst remaining nice.
>>
>>15012965
Whatever you do, so not buy a Tacoma or ranger, and don't get anything unless it has at least a 6' bed
>>
>>15013294
Yes. Seriously the 6 foot bed is the greatest. You can fit plenty of shit in there but doesn't look dumb like the 8 foot bed. 5 is too short. I will never buy a truck without a 6 foot bed.

As far as nice sound system I suggest you look at the aftermarket and just ignore what is offered on the truck. Buy the truck then worry about sound. What exactly are you looking for anyway?
>>
anon, do you actually need a truck
>>
>>15013294
Why do you say no tacoma
>>
>>15013589
>amerifag

just being honest. he probably thinks everything japanese is shit.
>>
>>15014342
The smaller trucks aren't really good for hauling and bed space is a joke. A full size truck is just a better choice in general.
>>
>>15013589
>>15014342
>>15014490
Because newer tacomas are garbage. They're the truck for weekend gardeners who shouldve just gotten an SUV. The 4 cylinder is hideously underpowered, and doesn't even make up for it in gas mileage. It's the truck for people who are the first person they've ever known to own a truck, and it will never be able to do actual truck things.
>>
>>15013589
Underpowered and they have frame issues.

Personally I have no problem with them. They're comfy, pretty damn cheap, and still reliable. I'd still choose an F-150 or even a Tundra over one.
>>
>>15014764
Its the truck for smart people that one a vehicle that is dependable and has a strong resale value

It is a little underpowered, I don't understand why they gave the 4runner 270 horsepower and the Tacoma 236 when they use the same type of engine. My dad has a 4runner, its not a torque powerhouse, but acceleration is fine and tows lighter loads just fine
>>
>>15014800
>tacoma
>cheap
Shit's like minimum 1500 more than a full size with equal year and mileage where I live.
>>
>Truck
>Not Japanese

Err...if this is some kind of nationalism thing the Tundra is the most American truck by parts content. Anyways, trucks are flying off the shelves so you're not going to get a fantastic deal new or used unless you go way back or find somebody that doesn't know what they have.

I'd go Ford, GM, Chrysler in that order. It's hard to find a bad truck, especially these days. If you're into smaller trucks the Ranger/S-10/etc are also good, keeping in mind their limitations.

If you want an double cab truck I'd suggest getting an SUV instead, simply because with a usable bed length such a truck would steer like a yacht.
>>15014764
Tacos are not cheap and they have better resale than anything I could name. Aside from that, they are more than capable of holding their own with everything else in the segment in terms of towing. If you need to tow more, you need a bigger truck, though I doubt you'd need to tow anything close to 7,000 lbs...but in the off chance you'd have to, it would be cheaper to rent a bigger truck.

If you have something against Toyota or Japan that's fine, but the fact remains they are competitive within the segment.
>>
>>15014764

Do u even trucks lmao. Retard alert
>>
>>15014342
Maybe it's because they have Toyota tax, they are way to expensive even when they're more than a decade old.

You need to take a break from /o/
>>
nissan hard body
>>
While Id never rec some nipshit the Titan has a nice OEM sound system. Its also the worst truck and owned by the worst people.

>>15013349
>He cant even lay a sheet of plywood flat
Mind as well buy a wagon and some tampons m8
>>
>>15014874
It's a truck that lost all semblance of quality and utilitarianism when Toyota went to shit at the turn of the century

>>15015272
I never said they were cheap, in fact, that's their main problem. They're far too expensive for what they are. For the price of a new Tacoma you could get a slightly older model Silverado or Tundra and have a much more useful vehicle. If argue that anything the Tacoma does can be done better by something like a 4runner or pathfinder, while providing far more creature comforts and probably costing less.

>>15015287
>"I own a Tacoma and your words hurt"

you tried
>>
>>15015831
This

I'd only get a truck with an 8 foot bed, but that's just from personal experience working in NH lumber yards and construction

6 foot beds are alright and function well enough, but 4 foot beds are just unbelievably dumb
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.