[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to have modest flames/backfire come from your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 4353453453453463.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4353453453453463.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
How hard is it to have modest flames/backfire come from your cars exhaust?
Is it harder to do on a N/A motor?
I've heard it can be as simple as replacing your cat with a test pipe.
Anyone tried this?
>>
my old r33 gtst had a turbo back exhaust, intake and a decat pipe / test pipe. A factor which both turbo and non turbo can help for flames is if its running rich. The skyline would pop crackle flames out everytime you were really hammering it then stopped for a corner for example and the flame would just linger out the tip and slowly disperse
>>
Never change, /o/. Never change
>>
you need a direct exhaust without silencer or catalytic converter, it happens when you change gear after running at full throttle because the air flow is largely reduced while injectors (or the carburetor) needs a bit more time to adjust the fuel flow and the unburnt part goes directly to the exhaust where the heat ignite it
>>
Chop off the cat, you might get flames, might not. It depends.
>>
>cut off exhaust right before the cat
>????
>flames

my xj can shoot flames ez pz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0IuCqk0rc
>>
old cars like mine with a bit richer mixture makes only the sound in the same situation because the fuel that goes in isn't enough to make an explosion visible from the rear but if you try hard enough on a 323i which is a 2.3l you can see them
>>
as always a good engine with only the basic stuffs and no ecology shit is the answer
>>
>>15011345
>ecology
>>
>>15011352
yes ecology as a whole
>>
>>15011345
This is like a drunk rambling. You mean no environment pollution controls? No cat is basically a necessity for this to happen. No resonators or mufflers also help to get that burning residual fuel in the exhaust to escape and become visible too. You need a good amount power to get the exhaust hot enough and you need a rich fuel mixture to result in fuel escaping the combustion chamber through the exhaust valve too
>>
>>15011227
Trying to do this on an s2000... Being specific might help out a bit. If I did a cat delete, would I get what I desire?
>>
>>15012108

No. You need to be running straight pipe. And even then, this only happens if your shit is hot, usually when something is wrong with the car to fuck the mixture. Also happens with nitrous.
>>
remove the o2 sensor fuse and cat
>>
File: 1317252507479.jpg (7 KB, 235x279) Image search: [Google]
1317252507479.jpg
7 KB, 235x279
>>15011345
>no ecology shit
>>
I have an 07 Rx8 and I shot flames plenty. it's hard when revving in neutral but when I'm WOT, flames always come out with every shift

all I have done is Agenecy Power midpipe + muffler and aem cai
>>
Lol OP that video you just watched is using anti lag. You need a turbo to get that crazy of backfiring.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.