[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ This is my first project car ever >Be 20 years old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 140967163.yhZGnY1v.jpg (98 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
140967163.yhZGnY1v.jpg
98 KB, 800x600
Hey /o/
This is my first project car ever
>Be 20 years old
>got given a del sol for free
>planning on throwing the engine in the back
>Stripping interior
>Wide body
>Rocket bunny

Just bought my k20a should be shipped on thursday Spend 2.5 k with 70k on the mile

>Ordering new breaks & suspension

Quickly ordering all the parts
Have my cousins shop to do all the custom work

Aiming for 1984 pound car,
>Roughly 350 HP
>Thinking for a supercharger to go with the k20a

Once i get the engine shipped over ill start on it hopefully
Ill keep /o/ posted
>>
first off
Brakes
second
enjoy your floppy noodle chassis ripping itself apart
>>
What kind of cutting wheels? I'm making an awd mr2 and they keep breaking
>>
>>15009720
me too
>>
File: feel drive.jpg (87 KB, 483x604) Image search: [Google]
feel drive.jpg
87 KB, 483x604
>>15009488
>>planning on throwing the engine in the back
I've been thinking of doing this as my final automotive project assessment or whatever you wanna call it.

I basically thought of buying a small fwd hatch that runs, even if barely, and a scrapyard one that doesn't, or at least the front end, and then cut and weld like a madman.

not sure if I'll be able to, though. it probably entails much more than I expect it to.
>>
>>15009488
>>15009744
>throwing the engine in the back
How would this work? Would that make it RR?
>>
I wish I had money to do things too
>>
Where did you find the k20a
>>
>modifying fwd
ha
>>
>>15013993
>Rear engine front real drive

It's kinda neat but I would never spend money on it.
>>
>>15009488
>1984 pound car
>Adding a 100 lb heavier engine
>going to have to shave 300-500lbs after swap
Kek.
Better start saving up for CF, and cutting speed holes
>>
>>15009488

>not making it AWD with a mid-mounted VQ35 de-stroked to 2L for rally homologation

sure smells like summer in here
>>
>>15009488
>first car project ever
>planning on throwing engine in the back
>throwing engine in the back
>first project
>engine in back
Let us know how that works out for you.
>>
>>15009488
You should just keep it in the front.
>>
>>15015921
This...

What's your experience fabricating?
>>
>>15009488
skip the supercharger and go turbo, you will save yourself some time and money when you want to upgrade and make more power. Plus with it being RWD you wont have as many issues loading the engine to spool up the turbo.

Although if you already have the supercharger, why not lol.

Also be sure to throw some pistons and rods in that k20 before you put it in, if i remember correctly the k20 ringlands are pretty fragile but the rods are strong. keep the stock cams for now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.