[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to run star a car that has no battery installed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1336102640981.jpg (56 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1336102640981.jpg
56 KB, 480x640
Is it possible to run star a car that has no battery installed?
>>
>>15007811
No because the electrical system draws from the battery which is charged by the alternator.
>>
Yes. Just make sure that your muffler bearing is well greased.
>>
>>15007811
Yes.
>>
>>15007820
How? I thought you needed a battery because the electricity goes back and forth between alternator and battery and because the battery can serve as a magnetism point for the alternator.
>>
>>15007834
just install a dead battery :v)
>>
>>15007845
I mean, what if tour battery got stolen? How could you start the engine.
>>
funnily enough, I did this today.

as long as you have an external jumper and you jump/crank at the same time, it will start.

however, once it dies again you are SOL
>>
File: 7846658.jpg (44 KB, 651x335) Image search: [Google]
7846658.jpg
44 KB, 651x335
>>15007853
how was your battery stolen?

dont leave your fucking hood open dude
>>
>>15007866
They broke the hoot latch, probably with crowbar, one more reason to never visit that friend.
>>
If it has a generator, yes.

If it has an alternator, and the battery has enough charge to energize the alternator field, yes

If it has an alternator, and no battery, you're up the creek.

Long story short, go buy another battery.
>>
>>15008013
Thanks friend.
>>
>>15007834
Just connect the two battery terminals to eachother. All of needs it a closed circuit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.