[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are DCTs fast as or faster than manuel transmissions? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: vtak yo.jpg (76 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
vtak yo.jpg
76 KB, 650x488
Are DCTs fast as or faster than manuel transmissions? I'm lazy and I dont want to be shifting.

What is a fun car with one?

Also I'm not the fag who wants to by a chebby sonic dont report me.
>>
>manuel
>m a n u e l

why dude, god you're so stupid

Yeah, DCT's are faster than you can shift, but its boring and uninvolving.

Plus, as time passes they will only get faster and faster, and your old DCT will feel slow and jittery, whereas shifting yourself will always feel perfectly fine, because its YOU whose doing the shifting, and it shifts how fast you can do it.
>>
What's wrong, OP? Are you too beta to join the manuel master race?
>>
File: Manualfags.jpg (149 KB, 525x808) Image search: [Google]
Manualfags.jpg
149 KB, 525x808
>>15007494
>>
>>15009155
of course only an insecure autotragic cuckold would feel ashamed of pissing next to another guy

we get it bro, your dick is 3 inches and you don't want no one to know, but the autrotragic transmission is just assuring us that you are a little bitch
>>
>>15009155

>someone was mad enough to make this

Stay pleb auto owners
>>
Is any autotragic besides hydraulic reliable?
>>
>>15009367

honestly, i've never had an automatic transmission fail on me

i've had them be jerky and all, but never have it melt down.
>>
>>15009376
This. I feel like a few poorly designed transmissions have ruined the reputation of all automatics. I've never had a problem with my aw60-40le
>>
>>15007435
>what's a fun car with one
There are plenty, but it'll cost you. They're expensive up front since they're all high end performance cars, and DCTs are pretty unreliable and expensive to fix in the long run. Just get a manual you lazy shit
>>
>>15009376

I have.

It sucks knowing you can only make it about halfway between work and home before you'll be on the side of the road with no power to the wheels.
>>
>>15007435
>Are DCTs fast as or faster than manuel transmissions?

It still seems that DCT is evolving. Sure, you don't want to wait forever. Heck, automatics are still evolving. More and more cars are moving to 6 speed automatics as default basic now. Say goodbye to 4 speed auto.
>>
>>15011664
>they're all high end performance cars
Not true. Many base VWs come with them now under the direct-shift name
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.