[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a hyundai tiburon 2006 that's been sitting in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 32211340004_original.jpg (132 KB, 924x547) Image search: [Google]
32211340004_original.jpg
132 KB, 924x547
I have a hyundai tiburon 2006 that's been sitting in my driveway for well over a year now, if not 2.

Got a bit of a situation here. Family member bought the car for about $4K. They didn't check title or loans. Turns out the guy she bought it from, bought it from some shit bag who's now in jail for beating his girlfriend. The title is still on the original owner along with a loan for like $15K. Guy refused to release the loan which means it couldn't be registered or some shit. Is there something with the dmv (California) I can file to make my self the owner?

Pic related, looks just like that, but dirty.

tl;dr car has loan, owner in jail, on my property in California > 1 yr. how do i make it legally mine? preferably without his loan attached.
>>
The bank has probably been looking for that car for a while. You are never getting that car. And your family is never getting that 4k back. Rofl.
>>
>>14998610
Man, /o/ is full of dumbasses today.
>>
>>14998610

Live and learn, that might be the best you can do
>>
What about a lien sale or something similar? Since the vehicle was stored on the property.
>>
>>14998649
not gonna happen. Unless the guy in jail magically pays off his loan and signs it over to you, you're not getting that car.
Bureaucracy sucks.
>>
basically, buy a rolling chassis with a different VIN. swap out parts and throw old chassis into volcano. illegal and technically stealing, yes. can you get caught if the old VIN and chassis no longer exist? no.
>>
>>14998675
>$10000 4 month project for a piece of shit 4k Tiburon
If you're going to be retarded you might as well go full retard and actually make it good with custom rwd and shit
>>
>>14998622
turn into the bank then wait for them to auction it off or offer to buy it from them since they ain't getting 15k for it, either way its the banks car and they dont give any fucks about what you paid previously.
>>
>>14998694
$10000, are you retarded?
>>
>>14998610
Part it out and I don't know about where you live but junkyards around here will take a car without a title if it's cut in half.
>>
>>14998610

Take what you can use or sell out of the car and torch it. That POS is not worth the asspain. In the future, don't buy without a fucking title.
>>
>>14999195
yes do this. Torch the car somewhere.
>>
>>14998610
>tiburon 2006
>literally uses the same 2.7L from the Santa Fe
>>
>>14998610
>how do i make it legally mine? preferably without his loan attached.
call lender
let them repo
buy it at auction
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.