[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do normies in your area leave you alone when you're washing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 275x183
Do normies in your area leave you alone when you're washing your car?

Every time I wash mine, I'll get at least 5 people with the typical:

>I can't see my face in it yet
>I'll bring mine round later?
>you missed a bit
>you'll wash that car away
>do you run a taxi service?

Jesus Christ normies I just want to be left alone.
>>
>>14998031
Where the fuck do you live? That's not normal.
>>
>>14998031
Do you live in an episode of The Waltons?
>>
>>14998031

People hate it and leave you alone when you accidentally spray then with the hose.

Just saying, OP.
>>
damn, people are pretty chatty from your area I guess OP. While im washing mine I usually don't see anyone except for this one guy that always walks his dog at a certain time and he always cracks jokes like "it's gonna rain today anon" and it would be bone dry 100 degrees lol
>>
>>14998041
>>14998041
England.

To be fair it's not so bad when I just wash my car, but once every couple of weeks when I give it a wash, polish and wax (which takes a few hours) it seems like I've spoken to about 40 people.

A few months ago it got so bad I started driving out to random car parks to do it, but then you get dog walkers and people asking directions even in a empty car park.
>>
>>14998070
>England
typical
>>
If some people I know are strolling by they might stop for a chat, or my neighbour might also say hello

Never strangers
>>
>been raining two weeks straight
>promised I'd detail my mom's car for mothers day

RRREEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORTHEAST
>>
>>14998106
>be Newcastle
>no rain yesterday
>had ample time to wash, polish, wax and paint up some rust
Sounds like you don't love your mother anon
>>
/o/tists the type of niggas that post sad frogs about being alone but get mad when people try to have a conversation with them
>>
File: 1454903624856.jpg (84 KB, 656x597) Image search: [Google]
1454903624856.jpg
84 KB, 656x597
>>14998106
>First time going to claybar and wax car
>scared I'll fuck it up
>haven't done it yet
>>
It's called small talk.
>>
>>14998120
They aren't making conversation, they are parroting unfunny one liners as they walk past.
>>
>>14998121
Clay with speed not with pressure, don't use too much wax or you'll be spending the next 5 hours trying to rub it off.

ez
>>
>>14998031
>Do normies in your area leave you alone when you're washing your car?

Yes, because this is britain, where people are polite and don't feel the need to inject their stupid comments into everything.

Washing mine this weekend, and anyone who objects to me setting up my speakers to listen to music while I do it is going to get hosed.
>>
>>14998129
God forbid someone try's to make you laugh
>>
>>14998121
you can not fuck it up if you use the clay with lots of water, and apply the wax on a dry surface.
>>
>go to "do it yourself" carwash where you put in money and you get to uses their brushes and shit
>everyone else is too busy washing their cars to bother you
>leave

wow OP that was hard. Furthermore, what I do not understand is
>faggot OP tries too hard to make his car look fresh
>car gets attention (which is what OP wanted)
>OP complains about the attention his car is bringing
WHY
>>
>>14998070

I can confirm this is a British custom
>>
>>14998269
>using a brush on your paint

Explains the stupidity of the rest of your post desu.
>>
>>14998269

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Nothing at a public car wash touches my paint, and my car isn't even that valuable.
>>
>>14998280
This
Being a piss taking cunt is traditional English behaviour.
I know because I do it all the time.

The fun new meme is to call it 'bantz'.....
>>
>>14998291
let's see your sick paint job
>washes car to bring attention to car
>car gets attention
>complains about car getting attention and having conversations with people about said car
now THAT'S stupid

>>14998305
>drives 20 year old shitbox
>treats it like it's a luxury sedan from 2016
lmao
>>
>>14998149
>not reading the thread
OP lives in England too, you childfucking mongoloid
>>
>>14998318
>washes car to bring attention to car
No mate
I like the beading when it rains, and I want to keep it in good condition so it retains value.
>>
>>14998318
>costs pence to wash my car as wash is cheap
>£50 on polish and wax that keeps paint looking good and protected for a couple of months
>a lite word polish, 250mm of wax, will probably last for 2 years of applications
>3 hours of my time every 3 months or so

vs

>£5 a shot at a car wash which RUINS your paint
>never wax or polish

Enjoy your shit looking car, have fun with your rust shitboater.

commit suicide
>>
>>14998117
Yeah my bad dude sorry I should've driven my mom's Maxima across the Atlantic Ocean to wash it yesterday.
>>
>>14998361
Meant a litre of polish and 250ml of wax, but still, kill yourself.
>>
File: do it yourself.jpg (909 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
do it yourself.jpg
909 KB, 1600x900
>>14998361
He said do it yourself wash....

There is nothing wrong with these, especially if you bring your own soap.
>>
>>14998364
"North East" is usually associated with England, sorry senpai.
>>
>>14998361
>commit suicice
>because your shitbox doesn't have pristine paint (unlike my shitbox)
lmao you guys are truly autistic even moreso than /g/
>>
>>14998318
Do you not like your cars?
>>
>>14998383
>German saloon
>shitbox
Please no

Also it's black, if you didn't own a car with a shit tier colour like red or white you'd know how hard it is to keep black looking good.
>>
>>14998404
>red or white
>shit colors
Neck yourself.
>>
>>14998404
you have bad taste anon
>>
>>14998070
You polish and wax every couple weeks? Try Nu Finish or something man.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 600x450
>>14998468
>>14998479
White is for poor people and red looks shit unless it's an exotic.
>>
>>14998378
>There is nothing wrong with these, especially if you bring your own soap.

I don't like their nylon scrubbing brush, so basically all they offer is that higher pressure water jet. None of those in my area have a water dispenser, so you have to bring in your own 5 gallon bucket of soapy water and spill proof lid on bucket to prevent a spill in the car. That means two sets of purchases from the car wash since:

a. Put in $3.00 (minimum requirement) and use that to prewash car, rims, and blast off any spots with bugs or sap that I noticed from inspection prior to washing.

b. Time runs out, so now time to use wash mitt and bucket. When done, pour out water and set aside bucket.

c. Put another $3 into car wash to rinse off car. If you say bring bucket of water to rinse car off, then you are in for painfully slow rinnsing so nope on that. Sign at car wash says no drying off cars there.

Conclusion: Might as well wash car at home or apartment because you save the $6 and you had to prepare a bucket of soapy wash water anyways. When I used to live in apartments, all the complexes I lived at had a location with water hose that you could park your car at and wash it as part of the features of the place.
>>
>>14998667
>scrub brush
What? You just use the hose.
>>
>>14998487
>You polish and wax every couple weeks? Try Nu Finish or something man.

Nu Finish has a shine longer than a coat of sacrificial carnauba wax, but it doesn't really have UV protection. The idea of putting on a modified floor wax on my car's paint also sort of disgusts me even though it is easy on.
>>
>>14998379
The United States isn't allowed to have a northeast region of the country?
>>
>>14998692
Who the hell calls the north east of the US the north east?
>>
>>14998379
This is an american site dude. I don't know why you bongs insist on using your gay slang and stupid nerd notation
>"Hmmm yes Maxwell I was traveling 150 kilometers an hour in the north direction on tarmac (it's called asphalt you faggots) on a road with a positive gradient"
isn't it tea time right now? Why are you on 4chan?
>>
>>14998686
Read again The post mentions the power sprayer. Those wash places don't have a normal water hose and faucet in my area.

>>14998692
>The United States isn't allowed to have a northeast region of the country?
Most of those types of area labels were made back when the misssisssipppi river was the western frontier. That's why in the USA if you say Midwest, that means Ohio, Illinois, Indiana. It is not New Mexico, Colorado, or Whyoming.
>>
>>14998731
>normal water hose
>you pay 3 dollars and get 6 minutes of time
>fill your bucket
>soak up your car
>put in 1 more dollar and get more time, rinse car
Wow. Or are you one of those fucking idiots who spends 5-6 hours washing his shitbox?
>>
>>14998031
Man, I wish people here in Vancouver were that friendly. People won't even acknowledge your existence here in any form, or make eye contact, let alone friendly conversation.

;_;
>>
>>14998041
Completely normal here in Canada.

>yukyuk do mine next anon!
>>
>>14998121
grow a sack faggot
>>
>>14998070

I bet you live in the north
>>
>>14998332
Where I live, people mind their fucking business and leave me the fuck alone.

I wash it on my driveway, with bucket and hosepipe. Anyone taking the piss gets the hose.

>>14998332
Excuuuse me for not reading every single fucking post, fuckhole tardmongler asswipe cunt-for-brains dickwit shitass.

>>14998361
> Spending that much on car washing
> Ever.
£20 bottle of 'wash and wax' bought years ago, still has plenty in due to 'use two capfuls'.
Squirt of Fairy liquid to shift the grease
Capful or two of Flash for the same.
£1 sponge
£5 chamois leather
£5 pot of wax for the interior and any black trim, and also does my boots, lasts forever.
£2 sponge wipes for the wax.

Hell, the vans at work just use Tesco Value Washing Liquid, because it's cheap and it works and will rip oily residue and mud off anything. Even the concrete of the loading bays.

>>14998378
>There is nothing wrong with these
Aside from paying to wash your own car. Do you not have a hosepipe at home?

>>14998760
> Paying to wash your own car
> Paying for water
> Paying for more water
Wow, that's cucked.
>>
>>14998031
I live in an American suburb so all my neighbors keep to themselves. The grandma next door waves sometimes but that's about it.
>>
File: 1462425173033.gif (580 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
1462425173033.gif
580 KB, 251x200
Worse, normies threaten to kick me out of school for washing my car.

>nothing in school rules against car washing
>rule against working on car
>decide to take my car to empty lot on campus by my dorm
>planned to replace windshield wipers, apply RainX, wash and wax car
>halfway through campus security comes and tells me I can't work on my car because it's an "environmental hazard" and it's dangerous
>uwot
>finish applying RainX and go back to my dorm
>3 hours later get a knock from school security and admissions head saying next time I disobey security I'll be expelled from campus
>>
>Washing your car in the UK
>It's going to rain all week

Why do people do this? I've seen the car washers before and i'm wondering why
>>
>>14999175
>Washing your car in a parking lot

Do normies really have a need for this
>>
What do I need to prder from amazon to make my car look pristine and glossy even though it has to sit outside, parents wont let me use the garage for it
havent washed it for like two months because college and midwest weather
>>
>>14999202
A new car, if you have let your car sit outside in the elements without washing it for more than two weeks it's ruined.
>>
>>14999175

>halfway through campus security comes and tells me I can't work on my car because it's an "environmental hazard" and it's dangerous

Serious contender for one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.
>>
>>14998724
>Bongs
>kilometers
>>
>>14998121
I know that feel anon.

going to buy meguiars clay bar kit or something similar and go at it this weekend. I wonder if I can get two cars done with one kit?
>>
>>14999211
but its impossible to wash it during the winter
>>
>>14998731
>>Most of those types of area labels were made back when the misssisssipppi river was the western frontier. That's why in the USA if you say Midwest, that means Ohio

I live in Oh and have always wondered why it's considered Midwest thanks anon
>>
>>14998031
>getting this upset about people being social.

Autism speaks.
>>
>>14998724
>American "humour"

Honestly how the fuck can't you banter? You're an export just like Australia and they treat bantering like a national sport. Why is American comedy limited to sarcasm and why is your "observational comedy" so exaggerated it might as well be entirely fictitious? Even like the likes of John "Current Year" Oliver is some kind of national hero in America and I had literally never heard of him before you troglodytes thought he was some kind of comedic genius.
>>
>>14998031

>HEY YOU MISSED A SPOT!.

HAHAHA did I miss a spot? I never miss a spot. I've been washing this car everyweekend for the past 5 years. I've washed this car even when it was already clean. So don't you tell me I missed a spot because I didn't. I know know ever nook and crannies of this car better than you know the under side of you nut sack buddy. So please tell me I missed a spot one more time even in the slightest joking way and I'll drown you in one of my 3 buckets fucko.
>>
>>14999358
>3 buckets fucko.
casual here kek
>>
>>14999358
Kek
>>
>>14999358
Is this you? The amount of cringe is pretty on par
>>
>>14999358
Holy shit Sperg meister
>>
>>14999325
Americans can't handle the bantz
>>
>>14998760
>>normal water hose
Nothing's free at a commercial do-it-yourself carwash here in the USA west
>>you pay 3 dollars and get 6 minutes of time
3 minutes of time and clock starts as soon as the last quarter is put in. If you put in more quarters to extend the time, the clock still runs thus the time you spend putting in more quarters costs you.

>>put in 1 more dollar and get more time, rinse car
There is a minimum amount at all the washes here and in nearby suburb cities. That is $3 and not $1.

I wash at home since I bought one. Much happier and other people wash in their driveway too as soon as they see me start washing. I guess that reminds them to do it. I make it an informal competition by trying to setup and wash as fast as possible. By exchanging cost for speed efficiency, it's down to 12 minutes counting from the time the car is washed to it is nearly dry using a water blade. I have a handheld spray dispenser attached to water hose. About 2 ounces of meguiar gold class shampoo is enough to be all used up. The microfiber mitt is on a pole and there is enough ease of use that I can wash the car quick but gently so that the sealant protection is not lost. The neighbors all use a washbucket for soap because none of them have a soap sprayer. So they are all much slower and re-use potentially gritty water.
>>
>>15000007
>dry using a water blade
ya dun goofed
>>
>>14998714
You don't?
>>
>>14999150
>criticises me for spending a squalourous amount on cleaning my car
>uses fairy liquid on his car
Nice bait
>>
>>14998101
yeah this. I just wash it in my driveway while playing some music, never had a stranger say anything to me, once in awhile a neighbor will stop for a couple minutes if they're walking by but since im obviously busy they dont waste my time.

You know, you and LPG are the only trips who arent retarded and annoying.
>>
>>14999150
Can you not afford to spend $6 a week on your car in exchange for convenience? jesus
>>
>>14998031
Only thing people tell me when I wash my car is how pretty it looks.
>>
>>14999150
>Centuries of inbreeding created this
Now we know why Britain is getting overrun by sandniggers
>>
File: AzZMGph.png (55 KB, 528x1525) Image search: [Google]
AzZMGph.png
55 KB, 528x1525
>>15000556
I'm pretty retarded... just not enough to let people know

I think it has a lot to do with where you live, type of residence, neighborhood and such. I'm currently back at my parents as I'm writing my bachelor thesis and have no need for an apartment back at where I went to uni-college, and there is a good 30 feet of ascending driveway, so it would be pretty strange for some stranger to just waltz up to me while I'm washing the car to chat or show me a trick. I could see this happening if I was doing it right down by the road, but even still... having random people just come up to you like that is just plain weird, especially when you're from Scandinavia, as we really like our personal space
>>
File: nat20_dex_check.gif (2 MB, 450x297) Image search: [Google]
nat20_dex_check.gif
2 MB, 450x297
>you will never live in a town this idyllic

Here when I wash my car everyone just passes by with their heads down staring at the ground, I live right next to the collection of mailboxes too, so when people pass for mail it's in grim silence staring down.
When I see two neighbors walk past the heads are down, nobody looks up at the sky or at anyone near them

Guess the country
>>
>>15001027
How is the Mämmi, Arno-Jukka my friend?
>>
>>15001027
>thinking having people bother you constantly is a good thing

I'd like to spend hours detailing my car but my neighbours would think I'd lost it.
>>
>>14998690
>>14998070
hey man, how about you put a quick guide about polishing your car together or link us to some resources
you appear to know your shit on that subject
>>
File: smugbitch.gif (524 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
smugbitch.gif
524 KB, 500x620
>>14998364
yoo rotfl I lost to this post
>>
Never. I Live in a nicish area with lots of old people that like to go power-walking and every time

>Lookin' good anon
>Hey do you charge?? I'll bring mine over
Some basketball-americans that live down the street
>Ay man, I need my tires done like that man

I don't mind. It's usually positive stuff so eh I'll take it. I wash my car behind my house since the driveway wraps around if I want to be left alone or doing major work.
>>
>>15001081
Me and the guy who reccomends 'Nu Finish' are different people.

I really know fuck all about it. I polished my car with that Autoglym stuff by hand a while ago and it brought the paint right up. Every once in a while I use glaze to fill in the scratches the faggot previous owner put in by presumably using a car wash, then finish up with some wax. I clay every few months.

Detailing a car is easy once you understand what do to in what order.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Just dress unapproachably
Are British people afraid to be offensive or something?
>>
>>15001109
>KentuckyBro
Ayy lmao. I didn't know we had other KYfags here.
>>
>>15001365
Yeah, just moved out to Newport right off 471 in the older subdivisions.

Bretty gud area. Location?
>>
>>15001391
Near Lexington.
>>
>>15001424
Ah that's a bit of a drive. I see some nice cars around here specifically a white RX-8 that sounds amazing and I wonder if they are /o/ fags
>>
>>14998031
>Be aspergerking
>Washing car at self serve because Fascist HOA rules
>Random dick twizzler slaps your car's ass
>Draw my CCW and screech
>"STOP RESISTING"
>Magdump my 380
>try to escape
>spin out in wet lot because I can't handle the RWD
>crash into drainage ditch and flip
>lying there paralyzed under 2 tons of ex-police freedom
>last thoughts are if I left the stove on
>Die there, cold, wet and alone.
Such is life in america
>>
>>14999175
I replaced my car's battery in the parking lot lol
>>
>>14998775
I'll acknowledge your existence vanbro
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462491205258.jpg (46 KB, 600x686) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462491205258.jpg
46 KB, 600x686
Yea, I wash my cars weekly and I have 2 cars. Everyone just knows me as the autist who cares too much about his cars. No one asks questions or says hi.
>>
>>14998510
>have car
>don't keep it in garage to avoid fading the colour as long as possible
It's almost like you hate nice things, anon.
>>
>>14999150
You have absolutely got to be a scotsman
>>
>>15000305
When your car's covered in oil, you'll understand why.

>>15000573
WHAT convenience? I already own a hosepipe and all the tools I need. I have a driveway. I'd have to drive to the car wash, PAY THEM MONEY TO WASH MY OWN CAR, then load everything up and drive home.
Or I just walk outside, fill the bucket, run the hose, and wash it. On my property. Without driving anywhere. With nobody complaining about 'environmental hazard'.

If I wanted to pay for shit and pay for shit and pay for shit, I'd just take it somewhere and pay a bunch of poles to wash it for me.

>>15001109
>>Hey do you charge?? I'll bring mine over
Yes, yes I do. If they want to pay me, I'll happily wash someone else's car.

>>15001294
The politeness is a holdover from when everyone carried knives and other weapons everywhere back in the middle ages, and when there was nothing stopping you murdering someone for being a rude cunt.

>>15002946
Nope, southeast. I just know that adding fairy to the bucket will strip off the oily scum that got dumped on it last weekend by the rain.
As well as the salt, aircraft fuel, diesel soot, and now the fucking desert sand as well. Oh, and the bird shit and cherry blossom petals.
>>
>>14998031
I don't wash my car.
>>
>>14998031
bruv try being a window cleaner

>be poor uni student working part time as a window cleaner
>clean mainly kfc and hungry jacks stores
>primary congregation place for society's degenerates
>"hey can you just clean my windscreen" or "I've got some windows at home you can clean haha"
>happens atleast once every day I work

I don't even know how to react anymore. usually Just a fake laugh to get them to leave me alone
>>
>>14998070

>England

You wonder why?

Britfags have to make some comment on everything because you guys are being invaded by the whole of the middle east and you have your suspicions about being cucked ever since your child came out half kebab but can't do anything about it because, well...you are britcucks after all.
>>
>>14998031
>do you run a taxi service?
Why would anyone ask that?
>>
>texas
>neighbor walking down as I clean my car
>we say hello
>chat about the ball game etc
>get invited in a BBQ
>>
>using a foam cannon with pressure washer
>people around here never saw one being used before
>asks for wash
>charge them a lot of money
>???
>profit
>>
File: 1449242921598.png (119 KB, 635x493) Image search: [Google]
1449242921598.png
119 KB, 635x493
>>14998031
>calls others normies
>has a car
>>
>>14998041
>I'll bring mine around later
Without a ? is normal here, though only to people you know. I don't do it, because I don't know anyone other than my brother who washes their car themselves.
>>
File: CarWash_SelfServeBays.jpg (239 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CarWash_SelfServeBays.jpg
239 KB, 640x480
quick question guys, i go to these car washes occasionally. Am i a dick for bringing a wash mitt and scrubbing my car real quick or am i supposed to just spray car with soap and rinse with water only?
>>
File: 1389688343723.gif (453 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1389688343723.gif
453 KB, 500x281
Nosy Neighbor thread!

>Be asian, living in a majority white neighborhood.
>Live in apartment complex for about 3 years now.
>Luckily have a spot in a far back corner of the parking lot where nobody parks.
>Work on my cars every now and then.
>Be changing out my sway bar end links, and other suspension components.
>Throughout the 2 hours it takes me to do this, 5 white neighbors who I've never talked to or seen tries sparking conversation with me.
>I give boring responses so they leave me alone.
>One guy asking me why his brake lights aren't working.
>Tells me that he installed LEDs in his brake lights, and suddenly doesn't work after a week.
>Tell him to check the fuse box and the bulbs, see if any of them are out.
>Him: Can you just look at for me?
>I have to stop what I'm doing so I can look at his shit.
>mfw

It ended up being a blown fuse, I changed it with a spare he had, and the brake lights work now.
>Dad tells me that I'm known around the neighborhood as that "Nice asian guy that works on his loud BMW."
>>
File: 1356414878712.jpg (6 KB, 232x230) Image search: [Google]
1356414878712.jpg
6 KB, 232x230
>>15006326
>Nice asian guy that works on his loud BMW.
carry that name with pride young sir
>>
>>15006314
no. how else are you supposed to remove the dirt off of it?
>>
>>15006346
other day i was doing so and i guess owner guy of lot said "eh buddy you been handwashing for a while" wasn't even there 10min.Should i have asked him to kindly fuckoff?
>>
>>15006314
Only if there's someone waiting, if not, go for it
>>
>>15006326
>>
>>15006413
yeah that's what bugged me, there was nobody waiting and might have been an empty wash available. haters gonna hate
>>
>>15006219
I don't know. The same woman also told me how her son drive an automatic car and thought the gears D and N were for day and night.
>>
>>14998031

>you can do mine after you finish :^)

Every god damn time
>>
>>14998031
Nope. They just drive by.
>>
>>14998031

LOL i get that too, and i dont blame them sometimes, i do more wiping than driving sadly.
>>
>>15006385
hmm thats strange. yeah I wouldve said eat shit im a paying customer and if he sends me away then whatever
>>
>>14999175
I literally did a rear main seal on buddies Tahoe in his dorm parking lot one time. 4 hours, was during big game weekend, so none of the security was minding me.
>>
>Live in the U.S with a big beautiful private back yard
>Able to wash my car in peace from prying eyes
>Pay $8 for a car wash anyway

God bless America
>>
>>14999325
We are more German than English, ethnically.
>>
>>15001294
That's approachably dressed in the Midlands.
>>
>>15002185
I did a starter in my uni parking lot one night. Pissed me off, only the bendix was bad, but they only wanted to let me leave it there till midnight, and just a bendix was special order.
>>
>>15003581
Here's how you react,
>20 quid an hour, gov
>>
File: 1460449917785.gif (2 MB, 374x287) Image search: [Google]
1460449917785.gif
2 MB, 374x287
>>14998031
>britbong
>not being amerifats
>not being that guy
>2 project cars in the yard
>squeezing off a mag or some shells some nights
>sometimes just to keep them on their toes

nobody say shit to me about anything unless they have to
>ahh life is good
>>
>>15006326
so it's the same for cars too. /g/ reporting and I have to hide my power level when it comes to computers or else
>Can you fix my home fuckup?
Politely ask to charge and mention your home business (make it up if you have to) and it will make them fuck off, and if not you made some money. Work for free is shit because you will still get blamed for the smallest advice that they will take and then do completely wrong and focus on that. People are reddit tier when it comes to this wherein they want a hippie who is some complete business expert on it but somehow won't charge
>>
File: 1456173858914.jpg (89 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456173858914.jpg
89 KB, 720x960
>>14998070
where do you wash it
if its in a driveway how far are you from the kerb
what part of england are you in
>>
File: dubs checker.jpg (62 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
dubs checker.jpg
62 KB, 640x440
>>15010730
I don't have a driveway, I usually wash it about 15ft infront of my house. When it comes to the wax and polish I typically fuck off around the corner somewhere as my house is on a main road so everyone can see me.

North East England.
>>
File: cuck - Copy2.png (162 KB, 316x435) Image search: [Google]
cuck - Copy2.png
162 KB, 316x435
>>15000007
>he uses water blade
>>
File: What_Did_U_Say.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
What_Did_U_Say.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>>15000039
>>15010880
I am well aware of the significant problems of using a waterblade. I have the high-end one that was recommended by MotorTrend when they were reviewed. As for SOME problems of water blades, let's recap some.

1. Dirt and large grit stick to blade. This comes from dirt remaining on the car after wash by careless people. I washed properly and carefully used microfiber with water flowthrough in final swipe. I also check with bare hand on car body before stopping rinsing. I also check and wipe the blade on a microfiber towel after passes. It's automatic with me now.

2. Pressing hard. I don't. And the blade I use is the good one with surgical grade T and not the flat bar or the ones made in china with substandard silicone.

3. Improper wiping. I don't use it like a squeegee. I use it to pull water off as it was intended. It's those non-T made in china blades that force you to use it as a squeegee which is the wrong way. I have zero lengthwise scratches in unwaxed clearcoat. So I know I am still doing it right. Unlike opinions, the car's unwaxed surface shows what's scratched in the sunlight inspection.

4. Mistake of using a water blade as the end all. I wipe with microfiber afterwards to finish drying as plenty of water remains. A good quality blade with proper light pressure and correct speed glides across using water as lubricant. Most of the water is removed, leaving only a little bit for the towel wiping. I am pleased at having a lot less wiping to do.

Using a water blade requires user understanding. A squeegee type blade is not appropriate. Trashy stiff silicone is also not appropriate. Silicone with filler material (non-surgical grade) is also not appropriate. It's got to be a T-bar with a taper in the T. I have never yet seen a made-in-china one that qualifies as a real water blade. I've seen some pretty scary chinese ones advertised as "water blades" and it's no wonder everyone thinks water blades are trash.
>>
>>14998714
Uhh lots of people? I mean yeah I suppose you can call it new England but I've heard plenty of people say north eastern seaboard or something.
>>
>>14999231
>you are now aware that in some areas of California and in some HOAs, washing your car in your driveway is not allowed because of the detergent run-off into sewers
>>
>>14998714
Just about everyone?
>>
>>14999231
>Serious contender for one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

False. Some residential communities could only be built there because of agreement to special restrictions. That area might have been designated as special habitat or reserved greenbelt area for example. As such, on the property deed will be various restrictions. YOU don't care, but the land owner is supposed to care. In many cases, they don't care either which is why we have pollution in watershed area near where wells take up water for everyone to drink.

My homeowner community is one example. It sits on the hillside right above where the city has a number of wells to extract water. All of our pollutants would go into the city water. Hey, someone should tell I.S.I.S. so that they can buy a house and then secretly dump barrel after barrel of specialty pollutant into the groundwater.

Homeowners here don't care and ignore the pollution requirements on their deeds. They use pesticides, herbicides, wash the oils and solvents off their cars into the groundwater, and even flush their used oil down the drain because that is max convenience and cheapest to do.
>>
>>15012548
Maybe you should live in a first World country where they don't recycle filthy dirty water
>>
File: Comparison_Hiroshima_Detroit.jpg (84 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Comparison_Hiroshima_Detroit.jpg
84 KB, 500x345
>>15012564
>Maybe you should live in a first World country where they don't recycle filthy dirty water

I'm not lucky enough to be in a First World country as I live in the USA. Only the wealthy people in the USA live in a first world type environment.
>>
>>14998667
>pour soap in bucket
>use opressure hose to fill bucket
>return home with empty bucket
?
>>
>complaining about normies
>hand washing your car
Do you not see what is going on here.
>>
>>15013293
>complaining about normies
>hand washing your car

The problem with chatting and washing is that many people think you are impolite if you don't turn to face them when chatting. But if you delay washing, water spots form and become really hard to take off. That means you almost cannot wax your car because you will basically wax the water spots onto the surface. The sun then finishes baking the water spots onto the clearcoat with the water spot protected from rain or other spray washing it off. Baked on water spot means to get it off, you have to use the acidic spray prewash of a commercial car wash. It's not weak like a vinegar solution but it goes on and is taken off fast so it doesn't eat your car.
>>
>>15006326
Yeah man as an IT guy, don't get roped into that shit.
>>
>>15001027

Minnesota, USA

"Where the introverts stare at their shoes and the extroverts stare at your shoes"
>>
>>15006326
deny alll requests to help with cars. ever

i learnt this very quickly with computers. and was taught by my father to never work on a friends car.

"friends" very quickly become bitter when something goes wrong they think might be connected to your work.
>>
>>15008118

i never get tired of this gif
>>
>>15014257
This so much. Helped a buddy replace his fuel pump and it all went down hill from there.
>>
>>14998031
>you missed a spot
Triggered me. Happens all the time, all I ever do is sarcastically reply, "Ha ha, hilarious."
>>
Fuck that shit.
I just dont wash the fucking thing.
Problem solved.
>>
>>14999429
Cringe? That's hilarious.
>>
File: 1435204514597.jpg (161 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
1435204514597.jpg
161 KB, 820x820
>>15011915
do you expect anyone to read your tl;dr sperg-out?
>>
>>15013282
This is surprisingly difficult to do without the water spraying fucking everywhere, even if you put the nozzle into the water when it's filling.
>>
>>14998031
I hate pointless conversations like that.

"Working hard, or hardly working!?"
"Another day another dollar."
"Wow, you get paid a whole dollar!!!?"

If you go around saying shit like that, you just need to shut the fuck up and not speak.
>>
File: stunned.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
stunned.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>there are people too poor to pay for a car wash once a week or two and a hand wash once a month
>those people think a shiny shitbox makes them look less poor
>>
>>15017004
He has nothing to say, but keeping silent means the other people will think he is ignoring them. That can cause hard feelings later on with anyone that is quick to become bitter about things. So he is forced to say something pointless just to be saying something.

I'm like him. There are times I would like to be left alone just so I can get things done as fast as possible. Especially when I am fighting against water spots forming. Unfortunately, too many people are quick to start holding a grudge if they get ignored or feel insulted. So I am forced to talk to them once they start talking. There are probably peeps here that say "Who cares? Ignore them." but we have a strong homeowners' association here and those people might stir up the rumor mill like "he's all stuck up and won't even say hello if you say hello to him" or simply vote against me or stir others to vote against me at a meeting if I ever make a request for something. People are like that you know.

The best part is waxing because I move the car inside the garage and shut the door. Now no one bothers me. It's brightly lit with 6000 kelvin overhead LED shop lights, so if there are any water spots they will show up easily.
>>
I live in the suburbs so no, no-one ever interacts with anyone else apart from passive-aggressive notes in the mailbox or littering in their garden.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I wash my shitbox at least once a week, vacuum the interior and go over the surfaces with a cleaning solution and a cloth.
The neighbors across the stree usually go "you're way too into that thing."
The one next to me pretty much every time remarks how well kept the thing is, how nice it is and some remarks about real german engineering.
>>
>>15017458
It's amazing the american mentality of groupthink causing people to not care. Like not caring makes you strong or something. Also seen one too many cases of "drive it till it dies" and they can't put oil into it - doing it themselves would be caring, taking it to a mechanic would be "pussy shit". Hilariously the mentality sticks when nobody else is around and they still can't put oil into it while completely alone.
>>
>>15017361
you should have expected this from 4chan the real reason they don't want to go is probably that they would have to see a group of people and also other people are telling them where to drive for 40 seconds or so
>>
Last time I was washing my car the neighbor came out and got the dent out of the hood fur me with a hammer and dolly set, still needs paint of course but it looks much better now.
Based neighbors.
>>
File: 1314242184875.gif (1 MB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
1314242184875.gif
1 MB, 312x176
>stick hose into wheel
>tons of black ass brake-dust water comes out
>>
>>14998844
Second this. No matter which car im washing, even if its complete shit, everyone walking by just has to comment about something.
>>
>>15017625
>contaminating your brake pads/rotors
>>
File: 1394490631803.png (314 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1394490631803.png
314 B, 100x100
>>15017665
>>
>>15017665
with water?
bazinga
>>
>>15006314

If you bring your own water (I bring a 5 gallon jug), your own soap, mitt and bucket, you can have the car sprayed down, the soap bucket filled in no time. It takes just as much time to use a mitt on a normal car as it does to use a brush. It's a non issue unless the boomer manager is a cunt who doesn't like nice cars.

I had to try a few different coin-op places in my area until I found one with a good manager. Guy who runs the place I go to now gives me free time on the wash bay since I come in so often, and runs the vacuums for free on saturdays. By contrast, I've had managers act like they were going to fight me because I was using a bucket.
>>
File: 1366309504620.jpg (28 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
1366309504620.jpg
28 KB, 801x534
>>15017914
>managers act like they were going to fight me because I was using a bucket.
>>
File: 1440887099409.jpg (11 KB, 396x304) Image search: [Google]
1440887099409.jpg
11 KB, 396x304
>>15017665
>>
>>15017495
my neighbors call the police on me for starting up my car but haul ass down the road rolling coal. I've contemplated homicide.
>>
>>15017914
>If you bring your own water (I bring a 5 gallon jug), your own soap, mitt and bucket,
Two of the four self-service places in my metro area have signs saying the site is for their customers only. So I cannot bring my own washing gear and wash the car there.

>>15017964
>managers act like they were going to fight me because I was using a bucket.
They're not going to fight. As with any place with unwelcome trespassers, they tell you to stop, and if not, they then tell you to leave. At that point they are able to call the police to come give you a trespassing citation. If you don't beat it fast, the police will show up before you manage to pack up all your stuff to leave. You now have a trespass citation. It's very easygoing process and no shouting or fighting needed.
>>
>>15017361
Sure is a good idea to waste money on a car wash which destroys your paint and doesn't even clean your car.
>>
>>15018020
Go wash your car with brake fluid fuck nut.
>>
Can someone please explain to me why people still wash cars themselves on their driveway?

Not to sound lazy or rich or whatever, but is it not way easier to just take it to an automatic car wash? You sit in the car wash for 5minutes while inside listening to music and your car is cleaned for you. The price is like £2.50 for the most basic one which still cleans your car, and like £7.50 for the full works with the random special soap and shit like that.

Much rather do that than do it myself which will obviously take longer since you're using a sponge, your hands (maybe even your clothes) will get wet, you won't have people making dumb comments like that either.

Cleaning out the interior yourself I can understand though.
>>
>>14998031

> People trying to be friendly
> Someone on 4chan is upset about it

typical 4chan.

Oh hey, here's a reminder: you get rich through people, not skills.

Just thought you may want to remember that when you look at the number in your bank account.
>>
>>15020437
Car washes scratch you car, it's just a fact. They're convenient but they sometimes don't clean it properly and really I'd much rather spend a couple of quid on a bottle of car shampoo and be set for years than dump money into endless car washes.

Also car washes aren't exactly wax friendly, so if you've spent an hour waxing your car and go car wash it you've just wasted your time.
>>
>>15020526

>touchless car washes scratch your car

ok
>>
>>15020575
>touchless car washes clean your car
>>
I got my car wrapped recently so I can't even wash my car cause if it gets exposed to water+soap the wrap is moreless just going to come off.
>>
>>15020767
What happens if some hobo tries to clean your car?
>>
>>14998031
No but when I was changing my winter tires, my new neighbour came up and said:

>you do that yourself?
Yeah
>looks hard. I just get all seasons for my Oddysey so I don't have to pay someone to change it
>>
>>15020862
I don't get it.
>>
blast drum n bass while washing the car, problem solved
>>
>>15020392
Sure, if you're a total idiot, you keep going to a shit car wash. THIS MEANS ALL CAR WASHES ARE SHIT, RIGHT?

kek
>>
>>15020392
>Sure is a good idea to waste money on a car wash which destroys your paint and doesn't even clean your car.

Well, that guy that says we shouldn't be such cheapskates to use commercial carwashes and then treat the car once per month to a commercial hand wash once per month. It's better that we the carowners learn to do things ourselves as it doesn't take all that long once you have the items needed and your cleaning skills developed.

Washing your car is like raking your own leaves. Both tasks are nearly impossible without tools. Both tasks can be purchased from other people who do it for us for a fee. Both tasks can be done clumsily with poor tools. Both tasks can be done faster and easier with better tools. Both tasks can be done better with personal skills learned through repetitive performance. And of course, both tasks can be poorly performed by "professionals".

As an example of professional detailing from my area's flagship chevy dealer which has three employees dedicated to detailing, I quietly drove and parked nearby in their lot to watch in my legally but darkly tinted car (35%). One detailer kept on wiping (drying) the washed car with a SINGLE dirty "synthetic chamois" all over instead of using fresh new ones for top and bottom. He would occasionally wring it and continue drying. Scratch City. The other detailer was repeatedly wiping the lower panels to dry the wet car and re-wiping over some lower areas up to four times. So, he wasn't only drying but trying to remove dirt that had not been removed in the washing of the car. Scratch City. That employee also let the microfiber cloth drag on the ground in the water puddles. That was the cloth he dried the car with. Double Scratch City!

It's clear both professional car detailing employees expected the wax job to hide all the scratches they made until it was too late for the car owner to complain about where all the very many new scratches came from.
>>
>>14998714
Are you autistic?
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.