[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a decent first car?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ownerreview-2013-suzuki-swift.jpg (108 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
ownerreview-2013-suzuki-swift.jpg
108 KB, 1000x562
Is this a decent first car?
>>
but who was drive?
>>
Yeah it's fine.
>>
File: 34548444_OVR.jpg (65 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
34548444_OVR.jpg
65 KB, 770x433
>>14990005
Get the Suzuki Kizashi, if possible.
>>
>>14990005
Yes.

Corolla hatch is superior imo.
>>
>>14990005

Yes, as long as you don't expect it to perform like a 30 grand sportscar.
>>
>>14990005
get a honda fit :^)
>>
Well, it might be a little to jiggly suspensionwise for very long commutes. If your DD aint that long it should be fine.
>>
>>14990005
I learned to drive in one, they're not bad.

Can't speak for long term reliability but first impressions were pretty good.

Only thing that stuck out was reverse was a bit hard to get sometimes, but that was probably due to being a driver-ed car more than anything.
>>
>>14990005

As with everything, it depends on what you intend to do with it.

Generally answering, yes.
>>
2104 models and up though. Those are made in Japan. Prior to 2014 there were shitty Thai made pieces of shit.

My niece drives a 2014, and she only payed for $20 for fuel every fortnight.
>>
>>14990220
a suzuki swift crashed in to my corolla hatch, the brakes do look shit though
>>
no, then engines tend to shit the bed at 70k km and they are pretty guttless
>>
>>14990005
They're decent. I have a 2012 GA FZ. But what I recommend doing:
Get the sport version if possible
Don't get an auto
Expect the engine to be gutless until 5k rpm
Expect it to be awkward getting into reverse
Expect the base model to have shit all features

But, here are to good points:
Comfy suspension
Mods are easy to come by
$30-$40 AUD to fill up a tank
Can get 600km out of a tank
Light clutch

tl;dr it's a decent first car
>>
>>14990005
If you really want a Suzuki get a DDIS one. It's a multijet unit, so it's pretty bulletproof.
It is the 75hp version but hey, it has 190Nm of torks.
>>
>>14990005
i have a '11 model at 125tkm now
was reliable for the last 4,5 years, now it'll get a transmission-job because it's starts making noises, all under warranty tho
i'm driving it with around 5 l/100km, so a good commuter
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.