[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Trends You Hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: car.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
Why the fuck are car windows shrinking and why are rear windows now the size of a miniature briefcase?

Why is every car trying to look like a singular "whoosh line"? And why is the front ceiling getting closer and closer to my head?

I'm only 6'1 and I feel too big for half of today's cars.

Do you get used to not being able to see shit out of your windows?
>>
>>14987754
Cars are getting more boring to drive so they try to make it look exciting and "dynamic".

The small windows are the effect of pedestrian crash standards. They have to raise the hood to have clearance above the engine, this raises the beltline, creating small windows.
>>
>>14987785
Did they make the roof struts larger? Every car seems to have much bigger blind spots now. Seems like why they all have back up cams now.
>>
>>14987793
Yep and yep. Buy 80s and 90s cars while you can.
>>
blacked out tail lights

shit is pure retard
>>
>>14987806
Cars are fucking ugly now. They look like oversized RCs fucked an iPhone and got it pregnate.

>>14987808
Not seen any cars with this that weren't driven be douche-bags.
>>
>>14987793
>Every car seems to have much bigger blind spots now. Seems like why they all have back up cams now.

I made the mistake of buying such a modern car without the back up camera. It is kind of dangerous to back up now in a store parking lot. I wish I had the camera now. I really don't want a non-factory backup cam. Changing lanes on the freeway makes me nervous now where it never did with my older car which had great rear visibility.
>>
>>14989949
simple solution is to get an older car.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14987808
Douchebag here, can confirm
>>
>>14990621

what do these even look like on/at night/while braking
>>
>>14987785
>The small windows are the effect of pedestrian crash standards

Thats odd because i can doge pedestrians a lot better when i can see where i am going.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>14990758
>>14990758
They are led taillights, tinted "black cherry". Dark or shade they look black, sunlight very dark red. This is brake lights
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>14990758
P/o had covers on them, but I didn't like the fact that it let less light through so I bought these. This is just them on
>>
>>14990621
I didn't know it was possible to hate someone through a picture of their car.

I'm sorry anon
>>
>>14987793
Yep, all for the name of safety and rollover protection. You just can't see anything now.
>test driving new GTI
>mfw salesman trys to tell me that it is great and safe because it has "thickest in class B pillar"
>no vision is now a selling point
>>
>>14987754
Aerodynamics and side impact protection.

Want bigger windows? Shoot people texting while driving, and their children.
>>
>>14991485
No worries, I'm not for everyone.
>>
>>14987806
Early 2000s is good
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.