[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accidents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (51 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
51 KB, 480x360
First accident

>Red light, second in line.
>Takes me 2 seconds to switch from first to second gear (learning)
>guy behind gets pissed
>Goes around me
>Oncoming traffic
>Tries to get back in lane
>Hits me
>Tiny dent on left side

What are my chances of winning this?
He said I was trying to make a right and went into the wrong lane.
>>
>>14987460
Take pictures, call insurance, hopefully you got his. As long as you have the plate, if he is being difficult your insurance will work with you to make it right, especially because if he's not working with you he seems guilty.
>>
If you didn't do anything besides drive kind of slow, he's in the wrong. He went into oncoming traffic. He hit you.
>>
>>14987460
Nah he fucked up.
>>
>>14987460

If you weren't a pussy, 100%, but since youre posting it here that means youre unsure, which means you didn't take pictures and bully him into admitting fault, which makes it a toss up.
>>
Explain just like that to the insurance people, including about how you were learning to drive manual and were going slow while you were trying to get into second. They'll probably think you're adorable while they probably already know mister "swerve into oncoming traffic to pass in an intersection then lie about it" is an asshole.
>>
>>14987525

Except don't mention shit about "learning" shit because you're not supposed to do that on busy roads and it will incriminate you.
>>
>>14987531
Wrong. OP was breaking no law assuming he's told us the whole story.
>>
>>14987531
Why would that incriminate you?
>>
OP here again, I took video of his side of the car and mine.

When the fat cop came, he talked to me first because I was behind the guy. The guy came rushing down from his car trying to get a word in while I was explaining from my side.

Cop kept trying to ask the black guy why more of my paint was on his car and the guy couldn't answer correctly. I tried not to laugh.

Now I've got a ding on my VIN # :(

>>14987644

I think it's because they want you to learn elsewhere not creating traffic
>>
>>14987772
>Now I've got a ding on my VIN # :(
I've had a total of four fender benders I know of in cars I own and carfax always shows clean no accidents.
>don't trust carfax, ever
>>
>>14987772
You didn't tell us the guy was black lol
You're going to get like a $400+ check and you're going to just pocket it with a smile on your face
>>
>>14987874
Yea, he's not even going to show up to the court date, which is basically an automatic win for you.
>>
>>14987460
That image proves torqs > horsepower.
>>
>>14987772
What is especially annoying is that the other guy is boldly trying to lie to both you and the police officer. I wonder if that guy is a chronic liar whenever there is something significant. If so, then he is also a hazard to the community.
>>
>>14987531
taking a little too long to accelerate is not a crime, trying to overtake someone by racing against oncoming traffic is.
>>
Insurance just called

the fire rises
>>
>>14991938
How about you tell us what they said instead of fishing for (You)'s
>>
>Make claim
>Insruance skyrockets
>Take that other motorist!
>>
>>14991953

Oh just asking for general info

>>14991965

Well he was going to make a claim on me too!
Cops already had both our insurance cards so there was no getting out of it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.