[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015/2016 WRX vs STI (for a DD)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: WRX vs STI.jpg (325 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
WRX vs STI.jpg
325 KB, 1024x640
>pic related

is the STI just a meme? Is it worth the extra shekels? The WRX has the new FA20 which has a better powerband than the EJ (which the STIs still have), plus you have to deal with the stiffer suspension while commuting. Is it actually worth?
>>
Depends, do you want the best or just something fun? If you want the best, STi. If you want something fun, WRX is enough.
>>
>>14986824
>shit mpg
>shit reliability
>boyracer stigma
>not a hatchback
>cvt if auto

It's a shit car anon.
>>
>>14986824
>$30,000

just get 30 corollas
>>
>>14986824
ITS A TOTAL MEME CAR

ITS LITERALLY MADE FOR BOYRACERS

these things are so played out and they give the rest of the import scene a bad image
>>
>>14986852
>shit mpg
meh. gas is cheap
>shit reliability
possibly, but there's a warranty
>boyracer stigma
mainly the STI, but who cares? You're faster than the other econoboxes
>not a hatchback
>>>>>implying that's a con in the U.S.
>cvt if auto
that manual tho
>>
>>14986824
WRX especially if you want to daily drive it
Shifter in the STi is really notch as well
>>
>>14986824
The current gen STI is a meme. The FA20 is so far proving to be the superior engine and for far less than the money you saved on buying the WRX you can modify to put down STI power.
>>
File: pretty good.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
pretty good.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>14986852
>shit mpg

People are getting low-mid 30s with the wrx. That's pretty good being that it's a pigfat, awd, turbo'd car that does a sub 6 second 0-60
>>
WRX has 16% drive train losses, almost as good as FWD cars
STis have like 20% drive train losses, which is fucking awful

Not to mention with the money you save buying the WRX you can mod the new Fa20 to make more power than the old as EJ engine and not look like a boy racer in the process
>>
Like most people, if you don't go all out and get the sti you'll regret it unless you mod it heavily. I used to have an 06 wrx but I was younger and didn't have the money at the time. I'm also 28 and could care less if people think it's a "boy racer" car. Every one hates everything here so any negative comments usually just take with a grain of salt.
>>
>>14987765
The gap between the new WRX a n STi is much smaller now
>>
>>14987780

Then he can get a wrx, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just saying if he's one of THOSE people I don't want him to not get the top line model and regret it later anyway.
>>
don't get a 15/16 sti
wait for the '17 which will hopefully have the new engine or just get a 15/16 wrx if you need a car right now
>>
>>14987788
That's pretty vain, unless it's a V6 Mustang in which case then you really fucked up
>>
>>14987823

It won't. They won't do a re design and upgrade until 2018 after this models 4 year cycle.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.