[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maserati for DD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maserati.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
maserati.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
How crazy would it be for me to DD something like this?

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/5547473522.html

I don't understand how such a nice car can be so cheap, I'd much rather have one of these than an FR-S or a Mustang.

I only drive about 11k miles a year because I work from home most of the time.

I'm guessing the maintenance on these is insane right? Are they even possible to work on as the owner?
>>
>>14982563
>I'm guessing the maintenance on these is insane right? Are they even possible to work on as the owner?
To buy an expensive car like that you have to be able to afford the maintenance which isn't cheap.
Remember, Maserati's V8 engines are all built by Ferrari.
>>
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5546294337.html

Found this nice manual Cambiocorsa as well
>>
>>14982563
To keep that car running top-notch, you need to have some deep pockets and be ready to spend more than the car is worth. This isn't some car anyone can wrench on either, it needs to be maintained by someone certified to work on these things. You mind as well set stacks of hundred dollar bills on fire if you have someone who isn't very familiar/certified to work on these things.
>>
>>14982574
I can deal with anywhere from 3-5k a year, am I way too poor or do these things require more like 10k/yr?

I'd never really considered one of these until now.
>>
DuoSelect cars clutches last between 5 and 20k miles or so, that's why they are always so cheap. A clutch job is $6k. Other common problems are cam variators (can be fixed for good if done properly), front cover, cam covers, suspension bushings, thermostat/temp sensor (there's an updated one), I'd say one of 3 QPs that come in currently have 1 or more of these issues, there are countless others.

>>14982574
Not just the engines in that era, most of the car. They are great cars but you can easily get hit with a $10-20k repair bill.
>>
>>14982563
They cost a fortune to maintain compared to a normal car, they take speciality parts that cost a small fortune every time something needs to be fixed or changed.

Brakejob?
Probably $3-5k
Clutch replacement?
That'll cost you 5k+ easy
Engine goes?
>more than you paid for the car

Hell, if they're as bad as Mercedes, flat battery? $250 for their special snowflake battery
>>
>>14982615
>A clutch job is $6k

fuggggggggg

thanks for destroying my hopes and dreams, I'm just going to buy an Elise
>>
>>14982628
Drive one first, they aren't as cool/fun to drive as they look imo, feels like a cheap toy
>>
>>14982635
I've tried a friend's, but he's got a supercharger and a bunch of other modifications done to the suspension.

His car is fucking great, I'm sure a stock one would disappoint.
>>
>>14982563

Mfix
Ait
Sagain
Etony
R
A
T
I
>>
>>14982603

new clutch every 5000 miles is going to be 3k by itself.

that's all you need to know.
>>
>>14982563
Just buy a Lexus LS.

A Maserati will rape you.
>>
>>14982563
Expect to at least pay another $21,500 to keep it running over its life (and by that I mean the next 1,000 miles)
>>
>>14982615

This. Never duo select. Get the auto, came out in 07 i think. But the rest still applies. Service costs are comparable to Ferrari.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.