[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>drive 08 Pontiac g5 >90k miles >fairly decent shape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1459027064782.jpg (34 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1459027064782.jpg
34 KB, 720x720
>drive 08 Pontiac g5
>90k miles
>fairly decent shape
>talking about driving to Chicago to see it
>mom: OMG NO!!! Will your car even MAKE it to Chicago?!?!
>might have to drive to Dallas for work, a whopping 5 hour drive
>mom: OMG don't drive your car you probably won't make it
>actually have to drive to Atlanta for work, they're getting me a rental
>mom: oh thank GOD you get a rental, I don't think your car would make it

Am I in the wrong for getting legitimately seething with anger when I'm told my car won't make it? I couldn't take hearing it again, I fucking snapped earlier and told her never talk about my car again. I feel kind of bad but who's right and wrong here? It doesn't have that many miles, no huge problems. I feel she is being disrespectful of me and my vehicle.
>mom:
>>
As a random guy who tows cars for a living. I do tow a fuck load of pontiacs. Mostly grand am or grad prix. Maybe she is just uninformed that if you take car of a car doesn't matter the brand it will usually last.

But don't yell at your mom that's just mean.
>>
>>14974612
Sounds like a bit of pride for your ride. I understand that, you maintain and baby the car and then someone tells you it can't do something your sure it can do.
>>
>>14974612
>even MAKE it to Chicago?!?!
>>might have to drive to Dallas for work, a whopping 5 hour drive
>>mom: OMG don't drive your car you probably won't make it
>>actually have to drive to Atlanta for work, they're getting me a rental
>>mom: oh thank GOD you get
If you said don't ever talk about my car again Jesus fuck you're beyond autistic.
>>
>>14974612
You could just be less of an autist. It's not like she's actually going to alter your decision making process, and she did feed you for quite some time. From her titties, no less.
>>
>>14974720
I didn't yell at her, I just let her know her telling me my car couldn't make that kind of trip was disrespectful.

>>14974772
Probably this.

>>14974802
>>14974811
Yes it made me feel autistic. I mean think about how you'd feel though if your car was fine but someone kept talking it down
>>
>>14974612
People are stupid to think that your car can't drive long distances when it drives that many miles over the course of a week unless there is something wrong with it. Like it would suddenly break down once you pass 100 miles in one trip.
>>
>>14974921
But you know that your mom knows nothing about cars. It's like when your crazy uncle posts conspiracy theories on facebook. Just because somebody is wrong doesn't mean you have to confront them, if it really doesn't matter in the end.
>>
>>14974949
His mom is a patronizing slut, and it'd annoy the shit out of me, too. Bitch probably kept asking his dad
>are you SURE it'll last that long?
>that doesn't look very safe
>OMG NO we're getting a rental there's a sperm bank right down the road
the entire time they were trying to conceive.
>>
File: 1458175787346.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
1458175787346.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>don't talk about me or my car ever again
>>
this thread reeks of reddit
>>
File: 1369903256533.gif (1016 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1369903256533.gif
1016 KB, 250x333
>>14974980
>projecting this hard

let us know if you need a trigger warning next time anon
>>
i get that all the time because most of my vehicles are 20-40 years old

doesn't bother me, i get that people drive newer cars for a reason.. i've also never been stranded anywhere (for too long) so i must be doing something right

do you have aaa, anon?
>>
>>14975022
You forgot "cuck." I need that and a smug anime face for my meme bingo.
>>
File: 1462156228335.jpg (67 KB, 363x435) Image search: [Google]
1462156228335.jpg
67 KB, 363x435
>>14975057
Stfu cuck
>>
>>14974942
Is different. Things that cool off after an hour of driving don't when you're pushing for 5 hours with only gas stops. Most affected are shit boxes like OPs car.

You're either trolling, stupid, or have never left your state.
>>
>>14975062
Eh, close enough.
>>
>>14975057
i was mixing it up a bit today anon :^)
>>
>>14975071
Not him, but the newest car I ever owned was 16 years old, and I drove those fuckers all over the place. Across states, even.

If the car is well-maintained, and Opie isn't towing a U-Haul up Pike's Peak in overdrive, the thing isn't going to explode. Driving a few hours is NOT a big deal, even for shitboxes.
>>
>>14974921
Welcome to car ownership
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.