[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So If you buy a 1.6 Integra if you want to swap the engine to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 7858838852_f89fb572a8_c.jpg (290 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
7858838852_f89fb572a8_c.jpg
290 KB, 800x534
So If you buy a 1.6 Integra if you want to swap the engine to a VTEC engine it's like swapping half of the car. But if you buy a non-VTEC 1.8 (B18B) can you convert it into VTEC without so much money and effort?
>>
>>14973852
only idiots swap cars themselves the trick is to buy one pre swapped and fix all the shit they were too lazy to. to answer your question, no either way you gotta pull the engine and trans if youre gonna do it the right way anyway so might as well do it and not jalf ass it with ls vtec
>>
>>14973852
LSVTEC takes a lot more work than just swapping
>>
>>14973903
People aren't very willing to sell theirs it seems (or maybe they just total them). 1.6 here is usually swapped for 2.0 with VTEC slapped onto it. It's actually cheaper than installing an authentic b18c engine. B18C cars are also fairly rare it's just legions of 1.6s but you can buy one, it's possible to find a good offer if you wait. It's much easier to buy a 2.2 Prelude, those are plentiful and cheaper.
>>
>>14973903
Literally what.

Doing it yourself is the easiest way to do it right. Only oddball swaps are worth getting already done. like diesel swaps and other swaps that require subframe modification. Or if you need something that has gotten registered with a loophole or whatever.

Fixing issues on some cheap tragedy swap is a nightmare. Most swaps are easy with mount kits and lots of online information.
>>
>buy B18 teg
>swap vtec head
>add boost
Congrats, you have a respectable honda!
>>
Yeah, looking into it more seems that head swapping itself isn't all that hard if you already have a compatible engine. All I really wanted to know is if B18B cars were worth looking for. Thanks!
>>
>>14973852
If it were up to me, I'd do a B20VTEC swap. CR-V engine with a Vtec Integra head.
>no replacement for displacement
>>
>>14975157
That's the most common option, but b16>b20 you would need to replace a lot of shit besides the engine. Don't know about b18>b20 though.
>>
Why do people think the head conversion is simple? It isn't just a slap on, tighten down, off you go operation. The block has to be machined for the oil galleys required to activate VTEC, sometimes the head has to be shaved to get a clean fit on the deck, etc etc

An engine swap doesn't require as much work compared to the CRVTEC
>>
>they added a full Integra race to the Battle Stage 2 compilation movie
This is why it's worth watching (also exclusive soundtrack).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.