[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you guys tell me about the passat b5.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0002.jpg (122 KB, 1023x680) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
122 KB, 1023x680
What can you guys tell me about the passat b5.5
>>
>VAG
>>
I have the A4 B5, and even if I've taken care of it flawlessly, there's still something going wrong every other week. I love the looks of the thing, how it drives, etc, but jesus fucking christ it's a goddamn money pit.

I'm never getting a VAG again. NEVER.
>>
>>14972880
Good driving car but at this age the suspension is probably shot. It has two piece control arms top and bottom so you have twice as many ball joints that wear and need to be replaced. It's expensive to align because of all the links. 1.8t probably has oil leaks by now, 2.0 is shit. I'd either get the 1.8t, vr6, or 1.9 tdi.
>>
>>14972915

Tell us what's wrong with it otherwise you sound like a troll
>>
File: Screenshot_20160402-145759_1.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160402-145759_1.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
B6 owner

Don't.

Shitty plastics for things like the coolant system, heater cores will definitely need replacing and it's a HUGE pain involving taking out the whole dash, timing belts kinda suck. Lots of things leak.

Interior is pretty nice though, and suspension on my wagon is a dream. 4motion AWD is great in the snow.

If you have money AND TIME (LOTS FOR SOME JOBS) then it's nice. Haven't had anything happen to mine in maybe 3 months except the exhaust having a hole but still. Getting one used is definitely going to need timing belt and heater core. Note I have 160k mi, bought used 2 years ago.

Also looks great with skis and ski rack.
>>
>>14973005
>Also looks great with skis and ski rack.

No it doesn't.
>>
>>14972946
In the first year of ownership:

>Fuel pump went TWICE.
>Two wheel bearings fucked up
>Oil leak
>Coolant leak
>Power steering leak
>Almost all of the bulbs in the dashboard have perished
>Lumpy, irregular idle, with occasional dips and surges. Not MAF. Not a vacuum leak. Not throttle body alignment. Not spark plugs or coils. No error codes. Currently undiagnosed and draining my cash and patience by the minute.

And that's a well looked after car from a relative, with only 90k on the clock. I've never owned such a fragile piece of shit. Fuck, I own a classic mini and it's more reliable than the Audi.
>>
>>14972880
That's a b5 by the way

I dd a 1.8t gls if you have any questions. Mine's doing well but likely because it has been perfectly serviced for its entire life. I do have my complaints but most of them are just my personal preference.
>>
>>14973167
Fuel pressure regulator senpai
>>
>>14972880
>B6 owner
>posts B5FL
>>
B5 A FUCKING SHIT
FUCK did I hate that car. Every fucking week something new was leaking or not working. When I sold it, the fucking power steering started leaking as I pulled in to the meeting place. Fuck your VAG.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.