[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorry for blogposting, but I'm finally buying my first car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: api-model-year-image.jpg (50 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
api-model-year-image.jpg
50 KB, 730x411
Sorry for blogposting, but I'm finally buying my first car on my own since starting my first "real" job. I'm upgrading from a 2003 autotragic PT Cruiser that had lots of issues, but it was given to me by my father so I couldn't turn it down.

The car I'm looking at is a 2013 Nissan Versa S (manual trans) with 29k miles on it. The dealer was asking $9k but I went to another Nissan dealer and made them price match so they quoted me at $7k.

I checked the VIN and carfax and there's no history of wrecks or damage, just a small scratch on the front passenger side door which I don't mind at all.

What do you guys think? Is this a good deal?
>>
Entry level Nissans are shitboxes. The car is going to do nothing but depreciate on you the entire time you own it. Find an older Corolla with similar mileage, put the money into a 401k instead.
>>
>>14967806
>older corolla
>29k miles

not gunna happen cool guy

hes better off getting an early 00s honda with 90-110k miles
>>
>>14967789
If you're going to buy a shitbox at least buy an actual cheap one. Fug
>>
>>14967837
>7k
>not cheap
>>
>>14967806
It's hard to find a Corolla with similar mileage. It seems like even the ones that are only 5-6 years older have over 130k miles.

>>14967819
Which would you recommend? Civic? Accord? What's a good price?

>>14967837
>>14967853
This is pretty cheap considering what I make at my new job.
>>
File: 2012-Toyota-Yaris-SE-front-1.jpg (126 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
2012-Toyota-Yaris-SE-front-1.jpg
126 KB, 1200x800
>>14967884
Nissan has really let their quality take a dive off a cliff since they were taken over by Renault in 2002.

As for alternatives to the Versa, look into manual transmission variants of the Chevrolet Sonic (make sure it has the 1.4L Turbo), and the Ford Fiesta. They're among the best in the class the Versa competes with.

If you don't care about the newest and most high tech car in that class, look for a manual trans Toyota Yaris. The drivetrain hasn't been properly updated since the 2000 model year so any and all bugs were worked out over a decade ago. It's boring, but nicer to drive than the Versa and will be 10 times more reliable. From 2012+ the only Yaris models available with the 5 speed manual are the base model L 3 door with no options, or the fully loaded 5 door SE model (which includes luxuries such as 4 wheel disc brakes and a sportier suspension).
>>
Looks good OP. Should be reliable and efficient transportation. I've ridden in the back of these in Mexico and they are surprisingly roomy, especially compared to something like an old Tsuru.
>>
>>14967789
It's a terrible car. Good mpg, shit everything else. A 10 year older civic has better build quality and gets the same mpg in the real world. Post your local craigslist
>>
If all you want is something to get you from point A to point B, then the Versa is fine. I drove one for a while around the Arizona desert, and it did everything it needed to do.
>>
>>14967789
I sell nissans blabla

Basicly it's a great cheap a to b wrong wheel drive good looking econobox unlike what
>>14967806
Says the versa hardly deprecates because of its super low msrp it was bought new for 9k and its selling now for 7k
The cvt automatics are absolute trash and blow ever 30k but the 5speed ones seem to last forever (we have one on the lot with 200k and its just fine)

Pros
>roomy for an econobox
>good looking plenty of dealer options that are cheap to buy on ebay and add
>good looking newer car
>cheap endgine cluch and brakes so you can hoon all you want

Cons
>stock stero is trash replace asap
>versa logo is gay debadge asap
>not fast at all think base model civic
>people won't be impressed at all by it other then omg its shiny and new
>most have crank windows
>if fugly in every color but white and black
>>
>>14968461
>buying the company marketing
it's ugly and it's so slow you have to hoon it to get it to go anywhere. It's the shittiest car on sale in the US. Even worse than the smart fortwo and mitsubishi mirage.

Owner satisfaction according to consumer reports is among the 10th worst of all new cars.
>>
>>14968542
I never said it was amazing just that there reliable enough and super cheap also 80% of complaints are about the cvt model
>>
>>14967789
those are 10k new....

the most boring car you will ever drive, i have a 2014 and drove for two years. less than 100 horsepower, just so godamn boring
>>
>>14969144
even if you put a turbo on it you woulb be slower than a stock civic, the versa is just horrible. its a chick car and is even terrible for that
>>
Not open but, I'm planning to buy a new car that has everything I want in it however the color is blue, the weird blue. Can they swap the car for a different color or anything?
>>
If you want an entirely boring, poverty-tier economy car that's going to be relatively reliable and very thrifty, the Versa is fine.

Honestly though, it's a really miserable car, everything about it is cheap, plasticky, and flimsy. It's the kind of car that won't die, but you'll wish it would so you'd have an excuse to get rid of the thing.

Honestly, go a couple years older and aim for a Ford Fiesta, a Kia Forte, Honda Fit, or Hyundai Accent. They're all far superior cars that won't make you want to commit seppuku every time you drive them, and they're all relatively reliable and inexpensive.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.